Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 25 Umbrella Packing

Ive purchased a new Synapse 25. What would be the best place to store an umbrella? The dimensions are 12.25x3.5x2.5, and I carried it in an exterior mesh water bottle pouch on my old backpack (from which it was constantly falling out).

It fits in the bottom front pocket, but I was also thinking about keeping a 2 liter water bottle there. If the interior pouches are watertight, though, that might be a good bet. Alternatively, is it feasible to somehow strap it to the exterior of the bag?

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m able to slip my umbrella in the loop at the base of the bag, where you might otherwise hang a light. Usually I carry my umbrella in the main compartment but when it’s wet, I often slip it in the loop,
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE this umbrella. And they stand behind the lifetime warranty. After about 3 years of use (including 2 in windy Chicago), the auto close mechanism failed (it still opened w the spring and could close manually, but just didn't auto close...which is important once you get used to having the feature). I was going to buy the same umbrella as a replacement. But then I saw the warranty, shot them a quick note via Amazon where I had originally purchased the umbrella, and they sent me a new one no questions asked. So it's definitely my recommended umbrella now.

Back to the OP question, I put mine in the middle water bottle pocket in the S25. (I usually do not carry a water bottle.) I usually shook it dry before packing it, or kept it in an umbrella bag if it was particularly wet so can't speak to the waterproofness.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not seeing a link to an umbrella. Seems like you had intended to add one.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Synapse 25 Umbrella Packing

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJoe View Post
    I'm not seeing a link to an umbrella. Seems like you had intended to add one.
    Hi @CaptJoe,
    I thought the last poster was referring to the umbrella that was the subject of the storage query in the original post of this thread and that post did contain a direct product link. Does that link not work for you?

HTH

moriond

ETA: The product page refers to this as Repel Windproof Travel Umbrella with Teflon Coating - Black Repel Umbrella*
    Last edited by moriond; 05-28-2019 at 07:54 PM.