Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best water bottle for Pop Tote

Hi all, I recently acquired a Pop Tote and am looking for water bottle recommendations.
    I have a 16oz (approx 500ml) standard wide mouth Nalgene which sort of fits in the outside pocket but it doesn't go all the way down.
    Can anyone recommend a narrow water bottle which fits better?
    Thank you Best water bottle for Pop Tote

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you need to have your water bottle in any outside pocket? If not, you can always do the hack (I wish I could remember who had posted this, but its in one of the hack videos) of holding your bottle upright inside by a harness. You thread some cording through an o-ring and have a cord lock on the other end. You cinch it up to your water bottle for travel, so that it doesn't move around.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The smaller Stuff Sacks, size 1 and 2, are great bottle holders.

Dimension from the product page:
    Size 1:
    External Dimensions - 3.9" (w) x 6.3" (h) x 2.6" (d) / 100 (w) x 160 (h) x 65 (d) mm
    Weight: .8 oz / 20 grams
    Volume: 75 cubic inches / 1.0 liters
    Size 2:
    External Dimensions - 5.2" (w) x 7.5" (h) x 3.5" (d) / 130 (w) x 190 (h) x 90 (d) mm
    Weight: 1.1 oz / 30 grams
    Volume: 125 cubic inches / 2.0 liters

I use a water bottle holder made of fabric and isolating material. It ensures that my bottle is always within reach but it is too bulky for travel, so once, I used one of the smaller Travel Stuff Sacks to hold the bottle.

You can pair it with the strap that is included with the SE or TC for a portable cross body or waist carry.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Hi all, I recently acquired a Pop Tote and am looking for water bottle recommendations.
    I have a 16oz (approx 500ml) standard wide mouth Nalgene which sort of fits in the outside pocket but it doesn't go all the way down.

There isnít one, itís the one feature of the PT that annoys me. I still have the PT in three different colors though so clearly Iím surviving. Lol.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TRD View Post
    There isnít one, itís the one feature of the PT that annoys me. I still have the PT in three different colors though so clearly Iím surviving. Lol.
    @gqb, @TRD,

If the requirement is finding something shaped to the exterior pockets of the Pop Tote, have you considered the 22 oz Hydroflask Coffee Tumblers? Take a look at my post [#12] in the 11-26-2017 thread titled, ďHow do you decide on a color?Ē:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...tml#post152729

That thread was really a discussion of Pop Tote properties just before ordering was going to go live, and I was discussing the factors I thought went into the design of the outside pockets. However, I also mentioned walking around my local Whole Foods to check the fit of various Hydroflasks in the pockets (as well as checking the sizing of various large iPhone models in those pockets at the Apple Store).

I donít have a Hydroflask myself, but the coffee tumblers seemed a good fit to the shape of the Pop Tote pockets. They have lids to keep the contents hot (or cold) for extended periods ó you can check the specs and videos on their web site. Also, donít take the fact that I couldnít comment on the fit of the larger model as a sign that it wouldnít also fit ó thereís a limit to how much you can try out when youíre really shopping for other items. My post contains a chart with pictures and dimension specs of the other models. Ideally, someone who owns Hydroflask tumblers and a Pop Tote can comment.

HTH

moriond
    ETA: Excerpting the Hydroflask graphic from my linked post so you can see the shape and specs of the tumblers:
    Last edited by moriond; 05-23-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My post contains a chart with pictures and dimension specs of the other models. Ideally, someone who owns Hydroflask tumblers and a Pop Tote can comment.

HTH

moriond
    Iíd completely forgotten your post, thanks for the excellent reminder.

As for me, I prefer 40oz Hydroflasks, They stand in the main compartment which is just fine for me. I keep my keys on one side and my phone and pens on the other so my external pockets and spoken for anyway.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a water bottle in the outside pocket of the PT is important for me, too. I found it very awkward/annoying/inconvenient to put it inside the bag; so, that was not a viable solution for me. I bought a new one for that purpose, but the good news is that anything that fits in the PT outside pocket will also fit anywhere else!

eastern Washington
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried the Hydroflask coffee “bottle” and it fits in a PT side pocket. The “standard” Hydroflask (21 oz. sport) fits easily in a side pocket. Both trials were with a Freudian Slip on the inside of the bag.
    Apologies for not taking pictures - we just bought a new house and are spending the weekend moving.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband has a Zojirushi bottle. Itís tall & narrow. When I get him coffee, it fits perfectly in the side pocket of my pop tote.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 12 oz and 18 oz coffee-style Hydroflasks fit, as does my 17 oz S'well.