Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap

Is this easy to reposition? Are the snaps pretty tight? When I lengthen the standard shoulder strap on my CP, the gripper/padding is in the wrong place. If the wrap is easy to remove, I could take it off, adjust the strap and replace it.

I've looked at the Mini OP strap too but wondered if it's more hassle to adjust the length on each side?

Theresa

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't actually gotten around to putting my ultrasuede strap wrap on a bag yet, so I don't have a good answer--I hope someone else will!

For the other question: you mean the Mini SOS Strap from OP-Tech, right? I haven't found it any trouble at all to adjust, but I tend to adjust that kind of strap once when I get it and then I leave it that way. It might be more of a hassle than another strap if you expect to change the length frequently, but otherwise I don't think it would be a problem at all.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Very easy. It almost slides. Itís got two buttons and a strip of Velcro. Can take it off and put it on very easily. I use it on the standard shoulder strap that Iíve removed the padding but on. Works a treat. Highly recommend and is comfortable enough for what you can put in a CP. would not recommend for a heavy load like an A30 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd update this post, in case it's helpful for other members...

I used the Ultrasuede Strap Wrap on my CoPilot for my road trip/flight home last weekend and I really enjoyed using it. It's narrower than the pad on the standard shoulder strap, so it doesn't poke my neck if I have the wrong side towards my body. Since it doesn't HAVE curved sides it's quicker to pick up and don. The ultrasuede is pretty grippy and doesn't seem to slide much at all, even when worn over the shoulder strap of my S19. And lastly, it feels more cushiony to me. When I carried it by the strap, the flex in the pad reminded me of the poron handles in the shop bags. I'm very happy with the decision to upgrade!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reporting back with an update @tress29,

I have the Ultrasuede Strap Wrap (bought for use with the Cafe Bags, but didn't end up needing to use it). On my Co-Pilot, I use the OP/TECH Mini S.O.S. strap that @aedifica mentions. (BTW, I've linked to the OP/TECH product page site instead of the Amazon page that I purchased it from; bit of a shock, but I found that this is now being fulfilled by Neotech, which has rebranded this product as their Neotech Saxophone Strap (901262) on Amazon, but is using the OP/TECH product)

moriond

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    On my Co-Pilot, I use the OP/TECH Mini S.O.S. strap that @aedifica mentions.
    I did look at those but to adjust the length you have to adjust each end to keep the pad centered. I decided it was a little less fiddly to just change the pad for the strap wrap. And it satisfies my TB obsession exponentially!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I have the Ultrasuede Strap Wrap (bought for use with the Cafe Bags, but didn't end up needing to use it).
    moriond
    I forgot to include the Ultrasuede strap wrap in my last bag order. I would like to add the wrap to my MCB strap, as the current plastic(?) pad is uncomfortable when the bag is heavy. May I ask why you didn't end up needing to use it?

I would like to replace my DLBC strap with the OP/TECH mini strap, since the current strap is too long. I am not short at 5'9", but still the bag hangs too low for me (I want to rest my elbow on top of the bag). The strap cannot be shortened due to the pad, so I even consider removing the pads (both bags). I am not sure if the OP/TECH mini can be shorter, though. I have a TB Absolute strap, but I think it's too much for DLBC, and OP/TECH "mini" could fit better.
    Last edited by gadgets; 06-22-2019 at 05:37 PM.