Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghost Whale Pouches - Mars Red

The Mars Red Ghost Whale pouches seem to be pretty popular - there aren't any Super Mini, Mini, or Small available right now and only 2 of the A5s...

I have two of the mini's to set up as on-the-go First Aid Kits (FAKs) to keep in my Every Day Carry (EDC) bags... I haven't had time yet, which is why no pic.

So, what are you all using them for?
    and is red just a colour you like, a contrast, or a signal....
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I have good intentions of using my Ghost Whales. I did buy the mini and small sizes in Mars Red in an attempt to pare down my mini emergency kit. Right now I use a small double Iberian OP and actually that works great. I put the stuff I want quick access to in the front and other things like an extra pair of contacts, a tiny foldable scissor, and other stuff in the back. Yesterday I purchased a Mars Red super mini for Mr. pammy. He always has to keep his migraine meds with him. And currently he is using a single red first aid pouchkin but sometimes he wants a little bigger pouch to carry additional things. But in our house, Iberian or Mars Red or even Monarch pouches denote first aid of some kind because they're easy to spot, say, at the beginning of a migraine. Sort of bummed that Iberian is retiring, but keeping hopeful that we will see another type of red halcyon.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    The Mars Red Ghost Whale pouches seem to be pretty popular - there aren't any Super Mini, Mini, or Small available right now and only 2 of the A5s...

I have two of the mini's to set up as on-the-go First Aid Kits (FAKs) to keep in my Every Day Carry (EDC) bags... I haven't had time yet, which is why no pic.

So, what are you all using them for?
    and is red just a colour you like, a contrast, or a signal....
    It was not I! (OK, I ordered one of the Super Minis in Mars Red on Debut Day… but I'm not responsible for the current dearth of Mars Red GWOPs, because I ordered all of those other sizes in Mars Red long ago!)

Can we blame (er, give “credit” to) @maverick for his enabling video that showed a Mars Red Super-Mini Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch?

Both he and I had been asking for a Red color option during that long period after Crimson and Cardinal Ballistic Nylon was retired. I’m so glad that Mars Red has proved popular

moriond

(And I can’t give you a use case for the Super-Mini GWOP until it arrives.

moriond

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    (And I can’t give you a use case for the Super-Mini GWOP until it arrives.

moriond
    I didn't have a need/reason either, a Viridian one just jumped in my cart!

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a first aid kit, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    The Mars Red Ghost Whale pouches seem to be pretty popular - there aren't any Super Mini, Mini, or Small available right now
    That's partly my fault! I scooped up a set in Mars Red for my mother. She adores the small Mars Red GW I bought for her birthday. We both think Mars Red is a gorgeous shade of red.

I meant to buy myself a small mars red one but forgot. It's purpose would have no relation to color, it would wait around for an unplanned use. I like to have an extra on-hand in the sizes that are most versatile for me.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tethered my mars red A5 to my Milwaukee tool bag, I use it to hold receipts and such.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a Mars Red mini-pouch for my USB drives and the C-to-USB adaptor (the size of a thumbnail), which are important, expensive, and easy to lose. During last tax season I ended up running to Staples and buying a new adaptor because I couldn't find mine and really needed it right then. So it's worth the cost of the pouch for a secure place to keep those things -- even though red isn't my favorite color, otherwise.

The Mini is a good size. I have other colors I use for less important things. For instance, a tiny vinyl shopping bag (not the TB one), fit in one, and it hardly takes up any space because it's so flat. I used to carry the same bag in a Q-kit, but that is bulkier.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 06-07-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghost Whale Pouches - Mars Red

I ordered two minis to keep track of my camera batteries: green mini for charged batteries, red mini for dead ones

The minis are great but the clips seem a little too big for their size. Im probably got to cut them off. If I had my druthers Id prefer an o-ring attached to the mini instead

Last edited by blancf; 06-07-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chose Mars Red (and Burnt Orange) because they were colors too bright for me to want to carry a big bag in, but I wanted to, ya know, catch em all. And, yes, also because they contrast with my interior colors. I carry pens/pencils/sharpener/erasers in the Mars Red small GWOP, which lives in the small side pocket of my Cloud/Dawn L15.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be okay with a red w/ black ripstop instead of white (basically black halcyon but w/ red base fabric). Call it Lava or something.

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was using the size small for a first aid kit, I have since downsized my stuff and FAK is an altoids tin, until I can order a mini or super mini mars red ghost whale. So currently, my small one is my sunglasses and glasses case in my car.

"Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads up! Super Mini, Mini and Small Ghost Whales in Mars Red are back in stock.