Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stuff sack size for Marmot Precip jacket and Patagonia Nanopuff vest

Hi,
    I am trying to decide on accessories for my Aeronaut 45. I have a Marmot Precip rain jacket in XL that when folded measures 10 x 6 x 2 inches. Do you have a recommendation on which size stuff sack I should use? Based on the measurements of the sacks it looks like either 2 or 3, but I'm not sure how to judge how much more compression I can achieve from placing the jacket in the stuff sack. I'd like to compress it in order to also carry it in the CoPilot. I also have the same question about the Patagonia Nanopuff vest size XL. It stuffs into its own stuff sack, but I was wondering if I could get even more compression with one of the Tom Bihn stuff sacks. Packed into its stuff sack it is 8 x 7 x 3.5 inches.
    Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emg823 View Post
    Hi,
    I am trying to decide on accessories for my Aeronaut 45. I have a Marmot Precip rain jacket in XL that when folded measures 10 x 6 x 2 inches. Do you have a recommendation on which size stuff sack I should use? Based on the measurements of the sacks it looks like either 2 or 3, but I'm not sure how to judge how much more compression I can achieve from placing the jacket in the stuff sack. I'd like to compress it in order to also carry it in the CoPilot. I also have the same question about the Patagonia Nanopuff vest size XL. It stuffs into its own stuff sack, but I was wondering if I could get even more compression with one of the Tom Bihn stuff sacks. Packed into its stuff sack it is 8 x 7 x 3.5 inches.
    Thanks!
    I had a women's XL Precip and rolled up it fit (no room to spare) in a Size 2 TSS.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear size 2xl and my waterproof smock fits in a size 3, my insulated vest also fits a size 3. Windproof smock with hood fits size 2.
    Size 3 will be a bit chunky for the co pilot.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk