Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In praise of small things: those little rings

On the road for a few days with my Patagonia MLC45. Great bag, no rings. Did not realize how much I like the security and convenient placement of those things. Might need to get the Aeronaut 45 just for the little rings!

NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got a new (alphaviolet!) Truck and am thrilled there are 6 o-rings in it.
    "Ignoring isn't the same as ignorance, you have to work at it." -- Margaret Atwood, "The Handmaid's Tale"

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O-rings are so great! I've even added one to my non-TB wallet so I can clip it to my bags, and I know other people have added them to other things too. I think someone even mentioned adding o-rings inside some of their coat pockets!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also added an O-ring to my Allett so I can securely clip it to my Sidekick. I've also added O-rings to some of my Briggs & Riley bags, because I really like having my stuff tethered so I don't leave it behind.

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was completely irritated tonight when I wanted to clip a key strap inside a pouch but there was no O-ring. It's now in my sewing pile to get one added.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I have to use a bag without O-rings, I’ve been known to loop a key strap round a handle, or attach either a carabiner, split key ring, or swivel ‘binder to the bag’s hardware or the hole in a zipper pull - just so I have an anchor point to tether my small items. Not as practical as using a TB bag, but it tides me over till I can get back to using TB gear.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I laughed when I read this thread. I'm obsessed with o-rings. It doesn't matter how many are on the bags. There are never enough. I always end up adding more to each of my bags for various reasons. You can never have too many.