Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aeronaut 45 end pocket organization

Hi,
    I just did my first test pack of my A45. I put my sandals in plastic bags in one of the end pockets, and next to them I put a #2 stuff sack containing a rain jacket. If I use an end pocket packing cube for the sandals, do you think my #2 stuff sack/rain jacket will still fit?
    Thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No A45 but I prefer to use plastic bags for shoes because shoes get things dirty easily. Bags are easy to replace and conform to the shoes for less space.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that works as you can think of the packing cube as a luxury version of a plastic bag with zippers Aeronaut 45 end pocket organization I always pack my shoes in a packing cube that I exclusively use for that purpose. If it gets dirty it is easy to clean with a brush or with water and soap.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    The Tom Bihn packing cubes will squish and hold your shoes just like a plastic bag, but the Packing Cubes will last a lot longer. Everything that fit when you used the plastic bag will also fit when you use a packing cube. elisa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need a backpack with a separate pocket for a (lightweight) 13.5" x 8" x 4" item, preferably on the top. I was eyeing the A45 and when I open the forum, this topic is on the front page Would the A45 end compartment fit something that large?

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    How solid is your item? Is it a bit flexible or can it squish? May I ask what the item is?

The dimensions of the Aeronaut45 end pocket are 13.4 wide by 7.9 tall by 3.1 thick. The fabric liner may allow for a bit more to be stuffed into that compartment, but a solid item might not work.

A call to the fabulous customer service crew at Tom Bihn will probably help. elisa