Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

packing cube shoulder bag and large packing cube in A45

Hello,
    I did my first test pack of my A45 with one large A45 packing cube, one small laundry cube, and one small A45 cube. Things went well; however I recently ordered a PCSB to use as my day bag on a trip, so I plan to use it in the A45. I was planning to swap out the small cube for the PCSB, but I see they are different sizes/shapes. I was hoping to get some advice before my PCSB arrives. What do you recommend using with the large cube and the PCSB? The large cube will hold 2 pants, 2 long sleeve shirts, and a scarf. The 2 remaining cubes will hold t-shirts, socks, undies, and sleepwear. Any suggestions/advice will be appreciated!Smilie

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can swap out the small cube for the PCSB as you were planning, and use the small A45 laundry cube with the PCSB and large A45 cube. It's true that the PCSB and small A45 cube aren't quite the same size, but they're close enough that it will work (as long as the contents are a little bit squishable, and it sounds like that will be the case). Enjoy!

I usually use PCSBs in my A45 instead of the A45 packing cubes, just because I enjoy getting to use the more colorful PCSBs.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my opinion but Id leave the cubes filled and as-is and just bring the empty shoulder bag.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you could swap it out for one of your packing cubes, but I actually use it either as an inflight bag (fits in the seatback pocket) or to carry/organize camera and tech stuff. I’d rather not repack my cubes, so giving it a specific role works well.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    I think you could swap it out for one of your packing cubes, but I actually use it either as an inflight bag (fits in the seatback pocket) or to carry/organize camera and tech stuff. I’d rather not repack my cubes, so giving it a specific role works well.
    This! I do this with the PCSB in my A30. As long as it's not jam-packed, it fits into an end pocket on that bag, and it was designed to fit an A45 end pocket. For getting from my house to the airport, through security and to my gate, it's nice to have everything in just one backpack, but I don't want my A30 underseat during the flight. If the PCSB consolidates the things I want to access in flight, I can just grab it and stash the A30 in an overhead bin.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCSB started its life as an end pocket bag for the A45.

Using as a removable end pocket for your in-flight essentials, so you can place the A45 in the overhead bin and you have more fee space.

You can also keep the A45 under the seat and place the end pocket that contains the PCSB closest to you.