Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Patches

Mississippi
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patches

Has anyone added any patches to a backpack? In particular a ballistic nylon synapse. I have ironed on patches to thinner material but not sure about any more effective methods.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I remember somebody posted pictures of their Synapse with patches all over it, but I don't remember who it was! I'm not sure if their Synapse was Ballistic or Cordura (which the Synapses used to be made of). When I tried to find that post just now I couldn't find it but I did find this picture of @Snoorkle's Cordura Cafe Bag with patches sewn on.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used Aleene's No-Sew Fabric Glue for attaching patches to non TB bags and has held up well. This might work for you.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    No, I haven't considered it for several reasons. Adding patches may void the guarantee. Stitching or sewing patches on adds little holes, which will be detrimental to the waterproof coating on the bag. Using heat to add patches seems risky to me because all the bags are nylon.

I love some of the decorations that have been added, especially the TARDIS patches. elisa