Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mini Op-Tech Strap

Greetings,
    I'm looking for the mini version of the Tom Bihn Absolute Strap. My google-foo seems to be broken today, because I know there are already several places here at the forum where this is discussed. Alas, my search failed.

At the Op-tech website, there are several straps to choose, but nothing to indicate which one is the mini version of the Absolute Strap. None of them look like it to me. I'll be ordering two, as a friend just ordered a Pilot after trying out my Pilot.

Thank you! elisa

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the one I ordered for my Co-Pilot

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have two of these... one for the Pilot and one for the Co-Pilot

I only use the big Absolute Strap for the A45 otherwise I find it too big & bulky.... for bags smaller than the Pilot/CP, I use the straps they come with from TB

HTH
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    for bags smaller than the Pilot/CP, I use the straps they come with from TB
    I use the standard strap for my CP but replaced the rubber pad with the Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's the one. Thank you very much! elisa

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I find the Absolute Strap too bulky for everyday use bags, too. Last year I had a trip with long days and the Pilot was the perfect bag, but by the end of the day it was heavy. The original strap on the Pilot did it's job, but I was not looking forward to it this year.

After considering a different bag, I decided the Pilot was the best choice again this year. While I was packing, I noticed the Absolute Strap on my Aeronaut30. I didn't have time to order the Mini SOS Strap, so I put the Absolute Strap on my Pilot.

The event was the same, with a few longer days. I had more books to carry, so the Pilot was heavier this year. Yet it seemed lighter and felt much easier to carry. The difference is noticeable when I have a heavy load in the bag.

Thank you for the link! elisa

Edited to delete a mistake.
    Last edited by AlaskaGirl; 08-07-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both and also agree--the Mini optech strap is better for anything smaller than the A30. I actually use it on my Goruck 32L kit bag...so by the transitive property, it would probably work well for the A30 too...but my Absolute Strap is honestly probably better for the A30 given the beefiness of the ballistic and weight.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    I have both and also agree--the Mini optech strap is better for anything smaller than the A30. I actually use it on my Goruck 32L kit bag...so by the transitive property, it would probably work well for the A30 too...but my Absolute Strap is honestly probably better for the A30 given the beefiness of the ballistic and weight.
    Agreed! I just got home from the weekly ukulele jam. My friend got a new bass and when I tried it, he insisted I use the strap he had installed. It was an Op-Tech adjustable strap for guitars! I exclaimed, "You've got an Absolute Strap on your bass!?! That's awesome!" Of course, no one knew what I was referring to, but it allowed us to discuss the Tom Bihn strap for a moment. I'll have to bring my Absolute Strap next week. elisa

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Agreed! I just got home from the weekly ukulele jam. My friend got a new bass and when I tried it, he insisted I use the strap he had installed. It was an Op-Tech adjustable strap for guitars! I exclaimed, "You've got an Absolute Strap on your bass!?! That's awesome!" Of course, no one knew what I was referring to, but it allowed us to discuss the Tom Bihn strap for a moment. I'll have to bring my Absolute Strap next week. elisa
    Hah, I definitely also had a neoprene strap on my bass in the past too (thin it was a NeoTech branded one though). It was amazing. Made the bass feel like half the weight...which is probably why it works so well for these duffels as well. Now I'm thinking I could use this Absolute Strap on my very heavy Ameritage ukulele case...