Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A45 with 3D Organizer on hip strap?

Hi all,

I have an A45 and Iím looking to add an external pouch in the way of my 3D Organizer. I envision somehow using the 3DO combined with the hip strap so that the 3DO is connected to me while the A45 is on my back, but canít figure out how that would work. Also open to other configurations. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I would add carabiners or Single Gatekeeper (I guess 1" is enough but check the hip strap width to be sure) to both 3DO ends then attach on one sides of the hip belt.

BTW I intend to do the same for Skookum Dog 3D Mesh Cube on the padded (S25) hip belt see if it works (not the same width so I have to trick here), so I'll try to show you this weekend
    just a Bihnion here

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you want to see some of the photos in this post from @Cristina! She did something similar with a Side Effect as well as with some pouches she made. She doesn't have them attached to the new-ish Aeronaut hip belt, but I'm looking at the Aeronaut belt and I think you could still attach something using the 1" Single Gatekeeper clips the way she did in those pictures.

Though I don't think what she did would work with a 3DOC, just a Side Effect. Two reasons: the 3DOC isn't as long from side to side, and it doesn't have the webbing loops on the sides that she used to attach the Gatekeeper clips. A SE would give you more built-in organization, though, so that might not be a bad thing!
    Last edited by aedifica; 08-16-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: specify single gatekeeper clips, since double also exist
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @LeeS

I found this in the creative bag hacks section of the forum. Maybe this post might help too to give some ideas. Here theyíre using a travel cubelet and cubelet.

With the A45 hip belt, note thereís a webbing space you can attach one end of a clip (like a single gatekeeper or triangle clip) to. This space is underneath the area where the hip belt clips into the shoulder strap of the A45. The layout of the A45 padded hip belt is slightly different than the S25 padded hip belts.

Hereís the link to post 188.

HTH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by imagineez; 08-17-2019 at 01:52 AM.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here my solution for Skookum Dog 3D Mesh Cube on the padded (S25) hip belt
    - one single gatekeeper (1") at the o-ring side
    - one single gatekeeper (1") + split-ring at the snaphook side

It does work \o/ I will use that for my next trip
    Last edited by Rei; 08-18-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Thanks everyone for your input. Im trying to upgrade my in-flight kit, but I want to have a better method of attaching it to my main bag. I’m going to try the back hack from post 188. I’m also brainstorming ways to attach it to another part of the A45, and thinking of getting another side effect to use for this purpose. My current side effect is my gym shave and shower kit and it’s a bit gross. Will report back!