Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lizziejean3 View Post
    I like a rainbow of colors inside my bags..just like Skittles!
    sounds yummy p

I match pouches by theme (NWS for clothes, Island for drawing stuff -I should go with Wasabi but to late...-, Iberian for medical/cosmetic/hygenic stuff) but I do not match them with the bag itself... but I do buy (almost) every Coyote/Guide themed stuff to match with my GES25
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m in the crowd that likes a riot of different colors but also like colors that coordinate to the exterior/interior of the bag. That works for some organizers where you get to choose colors. My Q-kits are in colors that don’t match my bags real well. It finally dawned on me to — duh — buy organizers when bag production occurs in colors I like. I also like to coordinate my straps to my organizers so it’s sad to have some organizers with no strap match.

With my S19 and S25 — and soon to be S22! — I also try to store an item in the same pocket location (ex - earbuds always go in right vertical pocket).

I also tether my #4 wallet to each bag I carry and the strap is wasabi in all bags. It’s a color that stands out but isn’t a favorite so I won’t use a wasabi strap for other purposes. Since it’s single use just for my wallet, the item is always easy to find.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - Nik's #4 wallets, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Japan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mix everything. I have an A45, an order for a S30, about 5 different packing cubes, two Snake Charmer, and a Spiff Kit, and so far I think I don't have one color twice (counting all interior and exterior colors.) Well, I'm starting to run out of choices so at some point I probably need to buy some overlapping colors if I continue to use TB stuff

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a huge fan of color.

But I also value practicality.

At this point, I have several different Bihn bags with their own color-coordinated packing cubes.

It's how I'm able to keep track of which cubes fit which bags during the rush of packing (and for me, sadly, it's always a rush).

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkasu View Post
    I mix everything. I have an A45, an order for a S30, about 5 different packing cubes, two Snake Charmer, and a Spiff Kit, and so far I think I don't have one color twice (counting all interior and exterior colors.) Well, I'm starting to run out of choices so at some point I probably need to buy some overlapping colors if I continue to use TB stuff
    It's also easier (at least for me) to color-code.

I'm better able to quickly find something digging in the big bag if I already know it's in the "green" or "red" cube ...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I'm also in favor of different colours and no matchy-matching... In particular I like colour coding so I remember what is in each cube, so that means many colours
    This is what I do as well.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCWriter View Post
    I'm a huge fan of color.

But I also value practicality.

At this point, I have several different Bihn bags with their own color-coordinated packing cubes.

It's how I'm able to keep track of which cubes fit which bags during the rush of packing (and for me, sadly, it's always a rush).
    I like that idea! I ended up getting a pack of colored zipper pulls (very thin cords, not TB zipper pulls) and color-coding my packing cubes that way to keep track of which ones go with which bags. But then I have to keep track of what the zipper pull colors mean.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For whatever reason, I like packing cubes to match the interior bag color, but not organizer pouches/cubes. I'm weird like that
    I just got my Steel/Island Western Flyer yesterday and got two small packing cubes in Island to test pack it for an upcoming trip. I love blue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2