Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lizziejean3 View Post
    I like a rainbow of colors inside my bags..just like Skittles!
    sounds yummy p

I match pouches by theme (NWS for clothes, Island for drawing stuff -I should go with Wasabi but to late...-, Iberian for medical/cosmetic/hygenic stuff) but I do not match them with the bag itself... but I do buy (almost) every Coyote/Guide themed stuff to match with my GES25
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m in the crowd that likes a riot of different colors but also like colors that coordinate to the exterior/interior of the bag. That works for some organizers where you get to choose colors. My Q-kits are in colors that don’t match my bags real well. It finally dawned on me to — duh — buy organizers when bag production occurs in colors I like. I also like to coordinate my straps to my organizers so it’s sad to have some organizers with no strap match.

With my S19 and S25 — and soon to be S22! — I also try to store an item in the same pocket location (ex - earbuds always go in right vertical pocket).

I also tether my #4 wallet to each bag I carry and the strap is wasabi in all bags. It’s a color that stands out but isn’t a favorite so I won’t use a wasabi strap for other purposes. Since it’s single use just for my wallet, the item is always easy to find.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - Nik's #4 wallets, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Japan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mix everything. I have an A45, an order for a S30, about 5 different packing cubes, two Snake Charmer, and a Spiff Kit, and so far I think I don't have one color twice (counting all interior and exterior colors.) Well, I'm starting to run out of choices so at some point I probably need to buy some overlapping colors if I continue to use TB stuff

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a huge fan of color.

But I also value practicality.

At this point, I have several different Bihn bags with their own color-coordinated packing cubes.

It's how I'm able to keep track of which cubes fit which bags during the rush of packing (and for me, sadly, it's always a rush).

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkasu View Post
    I mix everything. I have an A45, an order for a S30, about 5 different packing cubes, two Snake Charmer, and a Spiff Kit, and so far I think I don't have one color twice (counting all interior and exterior colors.) Well, I'm starting to run out of choices so at some point I probably need to buy some overlapping colors if I continue to use TB stuff
    It's also easier (at least for me) to color-code.

I'm better able to quickly find something digging in the big bag if I already know it's in the "green" or "red" cube ...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I'm also in favor of different colours and no matchy-matching... In particular I like colour coding so I remember what is in each cube, so that means many colours
    This is what I do as well.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCWriter View Post
    I'm a huge fan of color.

But I also value practicality.

At this point, I have several different Bihn bags with their own color-coordinated packing cubes.

It's how I'm able to keep track of which cubes fit which bags during the rush of packing (and for me, sadly, it's always a rush).
    I like that idea! I ended up getting a pack of colored zipper pulls (very thin cords, not TB zipper pulls) and color-coding my packing cubes that way to keep track of which ones go with which bags. But then I have to keep track of what the zipper pull colors mean.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For whatever reason, I like packing cubes to match the interior bag color, but not organizer pouches/cubes. I'm weird like that
    I just got my Steel/Island Western Flyer yesterday and got two small packing cubes in Island to test pack it for an upcoming trip. I love blue

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darknova306 View Post
    For whatever reason, I like packing cubes to match the interior bag color, but not organizer pouches/cubes. I'm weird like that
    I just got my Steel/Island Western Flyer yesterday and got two small packing cubes in Island to test pack it for an upcoming trip. I love blue
    I am contemplating getting a bag with island interior and was wondering if you could take a picture of island packing cubes inside your island lined western flyer.

I love island and will buying that color packing cubes regardless of what I end up with lining wise in my bag. I had decided to do NW Sky as a lining for all bags so that accessory bags would pop, but the exterior color I want only comes with island lining.

So picture please to help me decide if I like the matching of lining to packing cube.

Thanks.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsage View Post
    I am contemplating getting a bag with island interior and was wondering if you could take a picture of island packing cubes inside your island lined western flyer.

I love island and will buying that color packing cubes regardless of what I end up with lining wise in my bag. I had decided to do NW Sky as a lining for all bags so that accessory bags would pop, but the exterior color I want only comes with island lining.

So picture please to help me decide if I like the matching of lining to packing cube.

Thanks.
    Here's a couple of quick shots of the island packing cube in in island WF. Hope that helps! Let me know if you want any different kind of shots.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you find that having island lining and island packing cubes to be too matchy matchy. Do you like the matching colors or do you wish you had a different color for a packing cube?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that looks really beautiful, @darknova306.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you find that having island lining and island packing cubes to be too matchy matchy. Do you like the matching colors or do you wish you had a different color for a packing cube?
    I actually don't find it too matchy. I love blue, so it works for me Do you match packing cube colors with the bag?
    I feel like different colored packing cubes would look weird to me, but that's my thing with colors.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do too! That is why I wanted the NW sky lining, so the island packing cube would pop. But with the island lining I could have my favorite color all the time and not just when I am using packing cubes.

Lots to think about. Thanks for the pics and the swift reply.

Another question. Do you still love your western flyer.? That is the bag I am contemplating in the new nebulous 525.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love mine! It's very easy to carry for short trips. Though it's black, which is an uninspiring color, and I'm seriously tempted by the new Deep Blue that will be offered.

I do too! That is why I wanted the NW sky lining, so the island packing cube would pop. But with the island lining I could have my favorite color all the time and not just when I am using packing cubes.

Lots to think about. Thanks for the pics and the swift reply.

Another question. Do you still love your western flyer.? That is the bag I am contemplating in the new nebulous 525.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast