Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you match packing cube colors with the bag?

On the day when everybody was busy making preorders of their new Synik bags (that will not make it for my October trip.), I made an order of a western flyer (Black ballistic/Wasabi) with matching wasabi packing cubes (large and small). Even the TB sticker came with the matching color. Do you usually match the packing cube colors with the bag color? If not, any particular reasons why you don't? I found the cube colors a little bit darker than the bag lining color, though.

Do you match packing cube colors with the bag?-pic-1-1-jpg

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't match packing cubes to bags, but I do try to make sure I'll like the colors together. That often means I get Carbon (now retired) or Northwest Sky for Aether packing cubes, because I like those colors with all the available linings. On the other hand I frequently use PCSBs instead of dedicated packing cubes, because I like having all the colors available! I have a bunch of PCSBs in almost all the Halcyon colors they were offered in (I only have one of the new Ballistic PCSBs... so far).

Enjoy your Western Flyer! That's one of my favorites for travel.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good lord, no. Color is joyful. Not much In my world matches; not my socks, not my shoes, not my clothes. Umm, well, my Aeronaut does, however, match my two Cafe bags.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about matching my packing cubes to each other, but never to the bag interior. I actually like the way that a contrasting set of cubes look in a bag. My favorite is my A30 with a neutral NWS interior and a rainbow of cubes / organizers inside (Iberian laundry stuff sack, UV 3DOCs, wasabi small cubes, island large cube).

Color availability can also make matching large/small laundry/plain sets particularly challenging, so the rainbow works well.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also in favor of different colours and no matchy-matching... In particular I like colour coding so I remember what is in each cube, so that means many colours
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I bought accessories, that gave me a chance to try new colors. Small snake charmer in Wasabi. Clear 3DOC in UV. Size 1 TSS in UV, and Veridian. Size 2TSS in Northwest Sky. Cubelet in Alphaviolet. Mini Qkit in Navy. Clear pencil pouch in Azalea.

I particularly like Wasabi, NWS and UV together, so my SSBs are in those colors.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others, i use accessories as an opportunity to try color variety. Then I use the many colors to color code my stuff.
    Last edited by Lia; 08-17-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    Yes and no. I like to be color coordinated and I occasionally use matching bags, like a Cloud Synapse25 while using a Cloud Side Kick. I like the occasional small accessory to match.

However, when loading a bag I prefer color coding for ease of use. I also like lots of color. Organizer cubes and pouches in all the colors. Packing Cube Shoulder Bags in all the colors (I have the Dyneema/Halcyon colors I love, but I still want the new ballistic colors).

Can I be on both sides at the same time? Matchy-matchy and All the Colors! elisa

Eta: corrected grammar.

Atlanta, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always found too many colors to be very distracting. I have no idea how people color code; my brain simply does not compute. All I see is an array of colors and I spend much too much time trying to remember what each color represents and not the information the color intends to highlight. Too much color = visual noise, so I like to reduce it as much as possible.

My favorite color is orange and grayscale is my jam, so most of my bags and accessories (TB or not) are orange, black or gray. I don't color code, but I do remember what I put in which organizer and where I placed that organizer in each of my bags, so I never have an issue trying to find or remember where I put things.
    Last edited by Aeon; 08-18-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you match packing cube colors with the bag?

Ok, so I decided on a Smart Alec maybe a month after they discontinued them. I was able to find someone to trade with me, my s25 olive/uv for a black halcyon smart alec. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I try to keep all my colors either green or purple. The smart alec came with blue island lining. This actually worked out well as my UV and Sitka popped against the island interior. But I would totally love it if they still had violet all aether packing cubes. I do have my laundry stuff sack to match my A30 packing cube backpack (in uv) they match my other stuff in Sitka (PCSB, snake charmers, and travel tray). With the exception of the smart alec, everything is purple, green or black. I like having everything match. Guess Iím a bit ocd, not going to lie, if they bring back another run of the smart alec, Iím ordering one in black halcyon / uv, I WANT the cubes to match the lining, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by melminimalist; 08-18-2019 at 08:35 AM.
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like contrast between the lining color and my packing cubes. And I want the cubes to differ from each other. It's faster to grab the right pouch when it doesn't blend in with everything else. And I enjoy the happy riot of colors that greets me when I open my bag.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first bought my TB bags, I did match my packing cubes to the interior color. I loved how they matched. And then I could never find what I was looking for. I had to open every packing cube to look. I couldn't even tell my husband which packing cube I needed. "The wasabi one. That light green one. No the other light green one. No the other other small light green one."

Now I have my cubes in all different colors, so I can say, "Your jeans are in the blue one. Your underwear are in the grey one. My blouses are in the wasabi one." It makes it easier for me to grab the exact packing cube I need.

I still like the way the matching ones look, but the different colors are way more practical.

But there was that one time I thought I'd lost a cube, but it was just camouflaged against the lining.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 08-20-2019 at 08:55 AM.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    [...]
    But there was that one time I thought I'd lost a cube, but it was just camouflaged against the lining.
    you found a new way to hide precious things Wink
    just a Bihnion here

Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like a rainbow of colors inside my bags..just like Skittles!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a set of cubes for my A45 and I intentionally got them in NWS so they would contrast with the Iberian lining of the bag. I only have one of each size so I can differentiate them that way but I do think it would be helpful to have different colors if you have multiple cubes of the same size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast