Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 25 as diaper bag cloth diapers

Hi friends my husband and I are expecting our first baby in February!

I am looking for advice on how to handle cloth diapers with the s25?

We will be using covers and inserts. I will also be carrying a few outfits for baby, a bottle or two, formula, a pacifier, an extra blanket and what not. Here is what I was thinking

PCSB:cover, inserts, changing pad, cloth wipes, small spray bottle with water, and diaper cream
    SE for my things: wallet, phone, keys, chapstick and hair tie I’ll also have my water bottle.
    Stuff sack size 2: baby clothes
    Qkit: extra pacifier

I’ll also have a swaddle blanket and burp cloth

Questions:
    1 where can I put the bottles and formula?
    2 what about small toys
    3 where would the washable bag for the dirty diapers go!?

PS we want to use the S25 because we already have it and both enjoy carrying it. I also use crutches and a wheelchair so I need my hands free. I don’t like big cross body bags (PU) because they get in my way.

Thanks friends!
    Last edited by kirbysgirl; 08-31-2019 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Forgot to add chair to wheelchair

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not a parent, so this is all a mystery to me - i just carry what I’m told with family and friend’s babies. So nothing helpful to add, other than congratulations!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!

I would put the dirty diaper bag in the chin pocket on the outside of the bag. The bottles could go in the pocket inside and I would organize all the other baby/diaper stuff in a FS, so easy to just pull it out and use. The formula can place in the bottom of the bag. All toys can go in one of the side pockets along with the pacifier. Also, if only 1 bottle use the Center water bottle pocket, although personally I would dedicate that spot to my water bottle and 1 side pocket to my stuff.

Again congrats and good luck with this journey into parenthood!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    I am not a parent, so this is all a mystery to me - i just carry what I’m told with family and friend’s babies. So nothing helpful to add, other than congratulations!
    Haha! I understand trust me! Thanks, it means a great deal.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsage View Post
    Congratulations!

I would put the dirty diaper bag in the chin pocket on the outside of the bag. The bottles could go in the pocket inside and I would organize all the other baby/diaper stuff in a FS, so easy to just pull it out and use. The formula can place in the bottom of the bag. All toys can go in one of the side pockets along with the pacifier. Also, if only 1 bottle use the Center water bottle pocket, although personally I would dedicate that spot to my water bottle and 1 side pocket to my stuff.

Again congrats and good luck with this journey into parenthood!
    I like the FS idea. What’s the chin pocket?? Thanks for the congratulations... things are slowly starting to become real

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbysgirl View Post
    I like the FS idea. What’s the chin pocket?? Thanks for the congratulations... things are slowly starting to become real
    The chin pocket is the bottom pocket on the outside of the bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The large snake charmer is another great option for interior organization. One side can hold a few diapers, the other side wipes and ointments etc. This allows you to pop into a public restroom with a smaller kit for a quick change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsage View Post
    The chin pocket is the bottom pocket on the outside of the bag.
    Thatís a great idea, Iíll have to try it out!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had thought about this as well.. hmm maybe Iíll get the snake charmer and the PCSB and see which one I like better! Thanks for the suggestion!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!

My packing list was a little different, as I breastfed and used disposable diapers, but here are my thoughts:

Loved the PCSB as a diapering kit - it held all the essentials including our large changing pad. Very useful to send one parent for the diaper change without lugging the larger bag. I might try to fit the bag of dirty diapers in there too, so everything is together. Unless that makes it hard to take the dirty diapers out as soon as you get home - in that case I might put it in the bottom exterior pocket.

Could one bottle fit in the water bottle pocket along with your water bottle? I might try that with any additional ones in the main compartment (maybe in a stuff sack). Another option would be to use one of the side exterior pockets, since youíll want easy access to them.

Small toys can be extremely small and few for infants (youíre going to be the babyís primary entertainment for a while!). I liked the interlocking rings - several can go into the tiny center pocket or hang from one of the main compartment o-rings. Same with the small stuffed things on loops that are hung over play mats. By the time youíre carrying around more toys/books, youíll probably have other changes to your packing list to adjust for as well.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teresapoet View Post
    Congratulations!

My packing list was a little different, as I breastfed and used disposable diapers, but here are my thoughts:

Loved the PCSB as a diapering kit - it held all the essentials including our large changing pad. Very useful to send one parent for the diaper change without lugging the larger bag. I might try to fit the bag of dirty diapers in there too, so everything is together. Unless that makes it hard to take the dirty diapers out as soon as you get home - in that case I might put it in the bottom exterior pocket.

Could one bottle fit in the water bottle pocket along with your water bottle? I might try that with any additional ones in the main compartment (maybe in a stuff sack). Another option would be to use one of the side exterior pockets, since you’ll want easy access to them.

Small toys can be extremely small and few for infants (you’re going to be the baby’s primary entertainment for a while!). I liked the interlocking rings - several can go into the tiny center pocket or hang from one of the main compartment o-rings. Same with the small stuffed things on loops that are hung over play mats. By the time you’re carrying around more toys/books, you’ll probably have other changes to your packing list to adjust for as well.
    You’ve come up with some good ideas. I think I’ll just have to try them all out. That’s part of the fun though! What size stuff sack would fit bottles though?

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Synapse 25 as diaper bag cloth diapersSynapse 25 as diaper bag cloth diapers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teresapoet View Post
    By the time youíre carrying around more toys/books, youíll probably have other changes to your packing list to adjust for as well.
    Thatís a great point. Taking that into account do you think it would be a good idea to get a S19 to pack with the same items and compare? Iím 5 foot and my husband is 5 foot 10 so we arenít huge people. We both love the 25, but Iím wondering if it would just allow me to overpack. I could always get the S19 and try it, if it works I can keep it and sell the S25 or give it to my husband (itís the purple dyneema &#128514. He says he doesnít mind carrying it but he might once itís exclusively his!

Iím also thinking since Iím the one that will have the baby most of the time it would make more sense to get what works best for me.

@teresapoet what do you think?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    Congratulations! Synapse 25 as diaper bag cloth diapersSynapse 25 as diaper bag cloth diapers
    Thank you! I watched a few of your videos tonight. I didnít realize this was you until I saw your SA hack video! The community sure is fantastic!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youíve come up with some good ideas. I think Iíll just have to try them all out. Thatís part of the fun though! What size stuff sack would fit bottles though?
    I donít think I can help much here, as my daughter used bottles only when she wasnít with me (mostly at daycare) and I have no experience with formula. (I donít know how set on/certain about using formula you are, but from a purely packing perspective breastfeeding is a lot easier. Donít mean to pressure or pry, but feel free to PM if you have any questions or concerns I may be able to help you with.)

Thatís a great point. Taking that into account do you think it would be a good idea to get a S19 to pack with the same items and compare? Iím 5 foot and my husband is 5 foot 10 so we arenít huge people. We both love the 25, but Iím wondering if it would just allow me to overpack.
    I primarily used a Synapse 19 in the beginning, switched to a Smart Alec by the toddler phase (when it helped to be able to pack a baby carrier and/or travel potty), and usually use my Daylight Backpack when out with my now 4yo. Iím just under 5 feet and love how well the S19 fits my body, though there are (many) times when I find it too small. The main reason Iím drawn more to the DLBP now is because I donít need a backpack daily and itís easier and more flexible to pack. I could see having both an S19 and an S25 would be useful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast