Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Zipper Pulls

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    Moriond, you are a treasure! What a fabulous chart.

The 95 cord that I used was obtained from a craft store when I was traveling. Maybe Michael's? It's 1.75 mm thick.

550 cord is what we used a lot in the military. It's floppy, but strong. Comparatively speaking, I found 425 cord to be stiffer.

Looking at the chart, the 325 only has 3 inner strands, just like the 425. Those three inner strands are thicker than any of the other sizes of paracord's inner strands and that's what makes them seem stiffer.

I've got a few spools of really fine paracord that was given to me. Looking at the chart, it's either a micro cord or a nano cord. It's almost too small for zipper pulls. I was thinking about trying it with some beads. I'll see if I can get photos later this week.

I might have to make another batch of zipper pulls this weekend! elisa

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zipper Pulls

Finally did it! Cut the metal pulls off one of my halcyon S25s.
    Utter silence. Ninja mode. No jangly!
    Will replace the reflective guyline + tabs with UV knotted (and possibly shrink wrapped) paracord from TB to be matchy matchy with the interior. And shorten those front pocket pulls, as previously discussed here.
    Thanks for all the inspiration and information, everybodyZipper PullsZipper PullsZipper Pulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got some 550 recently, and it’s great on the main zippers of my Synik, but it’s too thick to be looped through the smaller zippers. Any suggestions on an appropriate size for those smaller zippers?

Germany
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blisscosity View Post
    Finally did it! Cut the metal pulls off one of my halcyon S25s.
    Utter silence. Ninja mode. No jangly!
    That looks great! I’m thinking of cutting the metal pulls off my brand new stealth Icon, which is quite loud in comparison to the MCB I’m used to. But I’m still hesitating because the bag is so new and I haven’t used it much yet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    That looks great! Iím thinking of cutting the metal pulls off my brand new stealth Icon, which is quite loud in comparison to the MCB Iím used to. But Iím still hesitating because the bag is so new and I havenít used it much yet.
    I know what you mean! Iím going to do more, slowly Zipper Pulls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by father_dawg View Post
    I got some 550 recently, and itís great on the main zippers of my Synik, but itís too thick to be looped through the smaller zippers. Any suggestions on an appropriate size for those smaller zippers?
    I have found that the 425 from Paracord Planet is pretty much the same size as the TB cord used. Also I found reflective ďtent guylineĒ in camping goods that appears to be the same size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5