Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Bihn packing cubes in roller bags?

I have an A30 and therefore only have A30 packing cubes, but my parents are asking for packing cubes to try on an upcoming trip. They値l be using a combination of carry-on size roller suitcases and a medium size checked roller suitcase.

Has anyone found that a particular TB packing cube fits better than others in a carry on roller bag? I壇 be willing to order non-A30 size packing cubes for them to try if that will give them more efficient packing. I知 foreseeing my dad being annoyed by packing cubes not allowing him to maximize the nooks and crannies of his bag, so I知 trying to set him up for as much success with it as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the interior dimensions of their roller bags. They're not all like. You'll have to ask your parents for the measurements of their bags and then compare them to the TB packing cubes.

I have a lot of Eagle Creek Specter packing cubes and they fit fine in my spinners.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would ask him to give you some measurements of the interior of the bags they'll be using. That should only take a few minutes and will save you both frustration in the end.

Then take a look at the Western Flyer cubes; I have found that they are a pretty good size for a lot of uses, particularly the smalls but sometimes the larges as well. The only drawback is that, unlike the Aeronaut cubes, they are not offered in the "laundry" style.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're experimenting, they can also see how a combination of cubes & not cubes works. For instance, I fold my jeans, sweatshirt, sweaters, etc. and don't use cubes for them. The cubes hold smaller things, like socks & undies, jammies, folded shirts, etc. That might help with the nooks & crannies issues. Stuff sacks are also good for filling in random spaces.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a trial and error effort for me each time I pack as the items very a bit. While it is possible to get a perfect fit with cubes made for a specific bag, I've had no problem filling in around the gaps with extras. For me, the primary purposes for cubes are organization and preventing "explosions" of items every time I open the bag. I'm sure I could get the same amount of stuff in the bag, but two days out it would be a mess.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course every bag has different internal dimensions; duh! I should have thought of that and measured their suitcases last time I had them out for comparison. I did all of the external measurements.

The hard part is that they like the idea of packing cubes but don稚 know how they want to use them, so it痴 hard to know what sizes to order for them to try.

They値l borrow what I have and see what they think, and then I can add a couple of other packing cubes for them to take on their trip in January. It does seem like the size small packing cubes for almost any TB bag will be more useful to them than the large size.

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Forum Member
    Arkansas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Lojel roller for a carry on. The Packing Cube Shoulder Bags fit perfectly! With the added bonus of being able to color code them and use one (or more) as a shoulder bag at my destination.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaleKnits2 View Post
    I have a Lojel roller for a carry on. The Packing Cube Shoulder Bags fit perfectly! With the added bonus of being able to color code them and use one (or more) as a shoulder bag at my destination.
    I壇 love for my mom to consider this option, as the PCSB would also shove into a small backpack that they use as a day bag.