Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What fits perfectly in an A30 end pocket?

Hi, none of the smaller cubes or bags seem to fit perfectly in the A30 end pocket. I sort of want a bag that is half-end-pocket-sized so I can easily fit two. A bag the size of the end pocket seems very large to me. Can other people tell me what they put in the end pocket?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a packing cube made specifically for the A30 end pockets: https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...=6900211908671
    Last edited by DWSeattle; 11-03-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put a pair of shoes in there (just in shoe covers, no fancy shoe cube). The PCSB also fits if packed properly. Otherwise, a side-effect and a few extra things go well there.

I believe the laundry stuff sack is supposed to fit too, but I've never tried it personally because it just looks like it wouldn't fit...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually put a pair of shoes in one end pocket and either an end pocket cube or a SSC in the other.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In one end pocket I put two pairs of shoes and a small Gorillapod tripod, and in the other I usually anything that needs to come out at customs (ziplock bag of liquids, for example) and maybe my Travel Cubelet and a packable down jacket in its bag.

On some trips I have found it helpful to put my Side Kick (which I use as my EDC) in the end pocket... but that takes up almost all of the end pocket and I really only find that useful when Iím driving.

The laundry stuff sack does fit in the end pocket. I prefer main compartment space and donít ever pack enough socks/underwear to fill the stuff sack, so I tend to squish the laundry stuff sack into a narrower shape so that the end pocket doesnít expand into the main compartment too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also often carry my Side Kick in the Aeronaut end pocket when travelling. It’s a good fit for A30.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! I see you all use your end pocket much as I do mine -- shoes and squishy bags. @DWSeattle thanks for the reminder of the A30 end pocket cube, I suppose I wanted a half-end-pocket-cube :-). BUT I'm glad to know about the laundry stuff sack, the Side Kick, and the PCSB. (My husband is in San Diego this week, it would be wrong to get him to order a TB bag for me, wouldn't it?)

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    (My husband is in San Diego this week, it would be wrong to get him to order a TB bag for me, wouldn't it?)
    Wouldn't it be fiscally responsible to get it "locally" to save duties/fees?

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Responsible, yeah, that's the word.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let's see... things I put in my A30 end pocket:
    -the A30 end pocket packing cube (I want to get another one that I just dedicate to shoes - I realize not everyone can fit their shoes in the end pocket, but I can!)
    -the A30 laundry stuff sack (perfect for underwear and socks and/or my kid's clothes, but not really big enough for many actual clothes)
    -A snake charmer... I have 3 different sizes. I think they all fit, just some leave more room than others.
    -a side effect
    -a clear 3D organizer cube (easy to take out for TSA check)
    -travel cubelet
    -regular cubelet (probably 2-4 of them, but I only have one)
    -knitting stuff sack
    -red oxx nomad shave kit

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 ive 2 of these on top end of a45 for toiletries... one as a slightly cheating 311 bag and one for everything else. pretty sure they'd fit in an a30.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

other end i have 2 of the clear quarter packing cubes for all the odds and ends for travel... all my charging cords and adapters, ear plugs, rope, pens, laundry soap packets, mini tripod, deck of cards, some small tools, tsa safe scissors, dice, you name it, it's probably in there.

those end pockets are why i picked the aereonaut over other brand's large carry-on packs. i love having quick access to my toiletries for tsa and all the odds and ends for random needs. i'm not 100% sold on any of the packs i have on the ends, and always twaeking the system a little.