Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staying Organized with TB pouches!

I recently sold my ballistic S19 and before I could upgrade to a S25, I had an unplanned bathroom project. It morphed into a bit of a remodel so I had to go with something less expensive. For my Thanksgiving trip I used a Dakine bag. Since this pack lacks the wonderful Synapse pockets, I put all my fun pouches to use. In fact, I think I finally used the small SC to it's full potential!

I ended up with a cancelled flight out, which led to rebooking my connecting flight and a 3 hour layover! I decided to use some of the time to examine my pack out and document it.

Here's the Dakine Essentials 26L bag. It's an 18" bag with a padded laptop sleeve in the main compartment, a removable lunch bag that goes in the front pocket and stretchy side water bottle pockets. There's no sternum strap or waist belt on this 19oz pack, so it probably shouldn't be packed so full as to need them.

Staying Organized with TB pouches!-dakine26l-jpg

Fleece lined sunglasses pocket:

Staying Organized with TB pouches!-dakinetoppocket-jpg

Flat front pocket for Kindle and boarding pass:

Staying Organized with TB pouches!-dakinedocumentpocket-jpg

The front pocket opened up and unloaded:

Staying Organized with TB pouches!-dakinefrontpocket-jpg

(Small Wasabi Snake Charmer, Olive Travel Cubelet, Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack #1)

The Find-It toy I was taking to my step sister got flagged for an extra look!

Staying Organized with TB pouches!-dakinefrontpocketunloaded-jpg

The main bag opened and unloaded:

Staying Organized with TB pouches!-dakinemainpocket-jpg

(Ultraviolet Clear 3DOC and Northwest Sky Travel Stuff Sack #2. The Travelon packing cube and shoe bag match both!)

Staying Organized with TB pouches!-dakinemainpocketunloaded-jpg

On my way to Virginia, the pack weighed 13#. It was doable even with a toy that weighed a pound! On the return trip, I had a "cookie in a mason jar" and a set of Full Size sheets. The bag weighed 17#! I was missing the Synapse shoulder straps!

While the bag was light weight and had the super cute botanical print, I wish I had been able to swing the upgrade. I'll start squirrelling money away for a Synapse 25 once we get through the holidays.

Theresa in Indy

P.S. No matter what I did, I couldn't get my photos right! They were rotated on my laptop, but did their own thing after the upload!

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    That is a cute print! It's nice to know that we can adapt and still stay organized with all the Tom Bihn accessories. Thank you for sharing! elisa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics! Thank you.
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)