Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamers! What fits a Nintendo Switch?

Gamers! My husband bought a Nintendo Switch for our family for Christmas, but it is woefully naked without a case. I would like to get him something to carry it in for his birthday later this month.

The dimensions of the Switch are: 9 3/8" l x 4" h x about 1" deep. It seems slightly too short for the HLT 2, which was my first choice. How about a Spiff Kit, is there any chance it would fit into the long zippered mesh pocket?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter has a Switch. When she borrowed a PCSB to carry it in, the joysticks moved in it and advanced the game (she was at a dental appt and didn't have time to turn it off when called back). She opted to get a traditional Switch case instead so the moving parts would be more protected. Just something to consider. I don't have a HLT or Spiff Kit to try for you, but hopefully someone else will chime in.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son bought a hard sided zippered case for his Switch, but it fits nicely in the front pocket of his Pilot!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might find this thread useful:

https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...switch-go.html

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Side Effect for mine!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for the responses! Yes, I am on the fence about the hard-sided case, as it does seem as though it would be the most protective. It didn't seem as though there was room for anything else in the case (games, earbuds, charging cable, etc). Also, the Switch will be used mostly at home, so a dedicated case would not be used much, and I was thinking a TB case would be versatile enough for other uses when not needed for the Switch.

@kieri, the SE would seem perfect, but it doesn't seem like the Switch would fit based on the dimensions; do you remove the controllers to fit it in, and do you find it's a hassle to put them on when out and about?

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Squared View Post

@kieri, the SE would seem perfect, but it doesn't seem like the Switch would fit based on the dimensions; do you remove the controllers to fit it in, and do you find it's a hassle to put them on when out and about?
    With the controllers off and tucked into a pocket, it's a great fit. I had room for these two smaller controller grips as well. You can't see it in these pictures, but I use a tiny Nite Ize tablet stand to hold the screen when I travel and I don't want to use the handheld mode.

Gamers!  What fits a Nintendo Switch?-20190310_085750-jpg

Gamers!  What fits a Nintendo Switch?-picsart_03-10-09-07-31-jpg

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    With the controllers off and tucked into a pocket, it's a great fit. I had room for these two smaller controller grips as well. You can't see it in these pictures, but I use a tiny Nite Ize tablet stand to hold the screen when I travel and I don't want to use the handheld mode.
    Ooh, that's a great setup! Thanks for sharing!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son has a hard case like the second one in this review, which has room for some games. Works well, is inexpensive, and fits into any bag. Inevitably on the rare occasions he takes is somewhere, it seems to slide out of the bag so happy to have a harder case around it.
    https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/be...s-in-all-sizes

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a switch and one of the first things I bought was a nice case to carry it in. This was before I knew of Tom Bihn. However, I love the case I bought and it's made in the US. They are made by Waterfield. They are in San Francisco but the case is awesome. I believe they have a few other designs that would work as well if you need to carry more than just the handheld switch and two controllers.

https://www.sfbags.com/products/nint...tyslicker-case
    Bigs: S30 | S25 | A30 | SA | L15
    Littles: SE | SC / | 3DOC | TC | PP | N4 | WFPC | FAP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya, I'm new around these parts but I highly recommend the Skull & Co case, or a hard case like it. The Switch is a great system, but it is a bit fragile (do you have a screen protector?)

https://skullnco.com/collections/swi...22216281915440

The bonus with the skull & co is that depending on the option you choose, you can also get a grip case for it. This is basically a frame that the system can slide into for handheld mode, and makes it *much* more comfortable to hold on long trips (at least for adult hands, in my experience). It's easy to remove and if the system is inside the grip case, the whole thing goes into hard protective case. The case is big enough to fit the charger into, has a flap for game storage, and a mesh pocket for other small stuff (hdmi cable).

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polydeuces View Post
    Heya, I'm new around these parts but I highly recommend the Skull & Co case, or a hard case like it. The Switch is a great system, but it is a bit fragile (do you have a screen protector?)
    Welcome to the Forums @Polydeuces! Glad you're here and have some experience to share with us.
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @Polydeuces! Glad you're here and have some experience to share with us.
    Smilie
    Heya! Thanks and my pleasure! I'm sure I'll need plenty of advice soon, as I've been looking to pick up a Synapse for awhile and will soon be in a position to do so! In any case, didn't mean to hijack the thread but I'll just leave it at, "Happy to be here!"