Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinoidea View Post
    Does anyone have the Absolute Strap and Mini OpTech? I’ve been considering the mini for my CP, but I worry that the padded part of the shoulder will be thicker than I want.

Thanks!
    Hi @Crinodea,

I'll point you to the old ORDERING THE PCSB, shoulder strap confusion thread. My post #17 has a picture that shows the relative thickness of the Absolute Strap and OpTech Mini SOS strap.

I generally use the OpTech Mini SOS strap with my Co-Pilot.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Why do you think that the padded part of the shoulder on the OpTech Mini SOS strap will be thicker than you want? Are you using your experience of the Absolute Strap as a point of comparison?
    Last edited by moriond; 01-29-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinoidea View Post
    Does anyone have the Absolute Strap and Mini OpTech? I’ve been considering the mini for my CP, but I worry that the padded part of the shoulder will be thicker than I want.

Thanks!
    I have a mini OpTech on my Pilot and one that can rotate from the Co-Pilot to one of the Daylight Briefcases... If you're carrying light stuff, I don't think you necessarily need a mini OpTech, but it's a very nice strap. Good for heavier loads and longer carries... and I personally don't think it overwhelms the bag, but YMMV.
    The padded section of the mini is smaller than the Absolute. Can't take a pic right now, but I'll post one later this week if no one beats me to it.

ETA: looks like @moriond posted w/pics same time Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWSeattle View Post
    Seattle Fabrics has them. https://www.seattlefabrics.com/Plast...ook_p_402.html

I have the good fortune to live a few miles from the TB Mothership and Seattle Fabrics too. The REI Flagship store is between the two, not to mention Filson and Outdoor Research factory stores. Hard on my wallet though Smilie

I have bought whole shoulder straps on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07439STQ6 is an offer to two straps that have 1.5" webbing and a decent removable shoulder pad. It is sad to cut up a strap but if you have Amazon Prime and free shipping, this may be cost effective.

If you search on "Duraflex hooks" or the like there are others. The game with buying them is that the shipping is often much more than the item itself.
    Thanks again for this!
    I bought four clips and it was about $12 for the clips & S&H, from Seattle to California.
    Quick and easy to swap them out on the two mini Op Tech straps I have. One lives on the Pilot and one is usually on my Co-Pilot but sometimes vacations on one of my Daylight Briefcases.
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2