Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is the Simple Shoulder Strap more expensive than the Standard Shoulder Strap?

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a replacement shoulder strap for my old Large Cafe Bag, and while looking at the site, I was a little confused on why the "simple" shoulder strap was more expensive than the "standard" shoulder strap? Outside of the different shoulder pads between the two, is there something else different? Are the actual straps made from different materials? I can't seem to find any information on why there's a discrepancy as I would've thought the "standard" would be more expensive than the "simple" unless one is "newer" than the other. Any help is appreciated!

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I am not privy to the pricing decisions at Tom Bihn, so I can't answer that. I believe they consider the cost of materials, the cost of labor, and marketing. No doubt there are other considerations we are unaware of.

The only difference between the two straps is the shoulder pad. One is hard, like plastic, and has a side with bumps that seem to grip. The other is fabric and generally stays where I put it. They both work well.

Everyone has different needs, so I can only advise that you try them both and see which one you prefer. Check out the generous return policy before placing your order. elisa

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input! So the strap material is the same for both (like that seatbelt-like material)? And the fabric pad on your Standard strap doesn't move around too much?