Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Malaysia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most versatile size of SNAKE CHARMER - also best inside DLBP / Pop Tote?

Hi I've been going back and forth between the small and large snake charmer. I can't for the life of me decide which size would be better. I need it to be versatile as I like to make all my bags multipurpose. As of now, I'm thinking of using it to wrangle all my tech stuff: handphone and ipad chargers + cables, battery pack, earphones. I don't own a laptop so my chargers and cords are relatively smaller in size. Other possible usages would be as a toiletries bag, pencils/art supplies case, knickknacks bag (odds and ends that don't fit anywhere else such as mini measuring tape, penknife, playing cards, snacks), and maybe as a main pouch to corral small/mini/supermini OPs and GWs (I assume the small OP can fit in a small SC; would a medium OP fit in a large SC?).

Also, which size would fit well inside a DLBP and Pop Tote? Any thoughts on halcyon vs 210 ballistic for the SC?

Would love to see photos to get a better and clearer idea of both sizes of SC.
    Thank you in advance for your help! :-)
    Last edited by Dom; 02-13-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most versatile size of SNAKE CHARMER - also best inside DLBP / Pop Tote?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Hi I've been going back and forth between the small and large snake charmer. I can't for the life of me decide which size would be better. I need it to be versatile as I like to make all my bags multipurpose. As of now, I'm thinking of using it to wrangle all my tech stuff: handphone and ipad chargers + cables, battery pack, earphones. I don't own a laptop so my chargers and cords are relatively smaller in size. Other possible usages would be as a toiletries bag, pencils/art supplies case, knickknacks bag (odds and ends that don't fit anywhere else such as mini measuring tape, penknife, playing cards, snacks), and maybe as a main pouch to corral small/mini/supermini OPs and GWs (I assume the small OP can fit in a small SC; would a medium OP fit in a large SC?).

Also, which size would fit well inside a DLBP and Pop Tote? Any thoughts on halcyon vs 210 ballistic for the SC?

Would love to see photos to get a better and clearer idea of both sizes of SC.
    Thank you in advance for your help! :-)
    I have both the large and small snake charmer (just purchased the small one). If you donít have large cords Iíd go with the small one. I carry an iPad Pro and my accessories along with three battery chargers fit just fine. The small one will fit just fine in the DLBP and Pop Tote (have both of those as well...I have a bit of a TB problem). I think the large one, although it will fit I feel takes up too much room for both bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

France
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the big snake charmer, though my work accessories (cords, charger, mouse, headphone -light one but still a headphone-, etc.) fit inside my small snake charmer (like a charm... sorry bad pun)
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I got my small SC, I was surprised how big it was and was glad I hadn't gotten the larger version. For an example of size, on flights I've used one side for electronics (including kindle paperwhite, phone charging cord, backup battery, & earbuds), and used the other side for non-electronics (sunglasses, pens, small packtowel, hand sanitizer, a small snack, and likely other assorted goodies). Clips on nicely to the seat pocked (thanks to that hack from the forums). I don't think I've ever thought it wasn't big enough for what I wanted.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree that the small snake charmer is pretty roomy. I don't own the large, but can't imagine needing that much space. I have a pretty hard time filling the small already.

Malaysia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone who's chipped in with your own personal experience with the small SC. I'm definitely leaning towards that size now that I've read your takes on it. Does anyone know if the small or medium OP fits in a small SC (acting as a divider of sorts)? I'm also torn between the material: Halcyon vs 210 ballistic. Which would be more sturdy (more durable in the long run, and able stand well on its own)?
    Last edited by Dom; 02-13-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also torn between the material: Halcyon vs 210 ballistic. Which would be more sturdy (so that the SC can stand well on its own)?
    I have the small in the Wasabi Halcyon. Due to the construction, with the double zippers, mine seems to stand up well, even when empty. It's only when I load it out lopsidedly that it starts to lean!

France
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also only have a small Snake Charmer, but plenty of space and fits easily into many bag compartments. Mine is kept ready for travels with far too many combinations of work and personal laptop, tablet and mobile phone cables and chargers, plus a variety of international adaptors.

Malaysia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    I have both the large and small snake charmer (just purchased the small one). If you donít have large cords Iíd go with the small one. I carry an iPad Pro and my accessories along with three battery chargers fit just fine. The small one will fit just fine in the DLBP and Pop Tote (have both of those as well...I have a bit of a TB problem). I think the large one, although it will fit I feel takes up too much room for both bags.

Hi @tuskegee7294 -- What do you usually use the Large SC for? Just want to be sure that I don't miss out something. Maybe there're possibilities that I didn't think of, but discover them from veteran users. ;-)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @tuskegee7294 -- What do you usually use the Large SC for? Just want to be sure that I don't miss out something. Maybe there're possibilities that I didn't think of, but discover them from veteran users. ;-)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    When I had a MacBook Air 11Ē & 13Ē I would place all cables and cords on one side and in the other side I would have pens, pencils, sticky notes, crayons, small notepad and paper clips (Iím a sub). I would also use it as a packing cube (undergarments on one side and socks on the other). Iíve used it for numerous different things.

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also torn between the material: Halcyon vs 210 ballistic. Which would be more sturdy (more durable in the long run, and able stand well on its own)?
    I don't think you're going to see much of a performance difference due to how much of the bag is really mesh vs other material. The materials both 'stand up' well based on how the SC is stitched...and how you load them. I would reco you pick based on what colour you like.
    I have both 200 halcyon and 210 ballistic and they perform the same to me...YMMV
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add on the Small Snake Charmer also fits in the bottoms pocket of the Synik 22. This is my SSC with what I carry for travel/sub in the bottoms pocket.

Malaysia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know what's the largest size OP that would fit inside the small SC (and a large SC) standing up inside, to act as a divider?

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a small OP in a Small SC. It’s definitely too big. The SSC isn’t all that high, all that capacity comes from the depth. I personally just have my items loose in the Snake Charmer, it’s small enough that I don’t need to search long for something. Although I lately have a super mini GWOP clipped to one of the o-rings for very small stuff.

Most versatile size of SNAKE CHARMER - also best inside DLBP / Pop Tote?-908d3afb-9c43-4ccb-9746-0ed385961ca7-jpeg

Malaysia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    This is a small OP in a Small SC. Itís definitely too big. The SSC isnít all that high, all that capacity comes from the depth. I personally just have my items loose in the Snake Charmer, itís small enough that I donít need to search long for something. Although I lately have a super mini GWOP clipped to one of the o-rings for very small stuff.

Most versatile size of SNAKE CHARMER - also best inside DLBP / Pop Tote?-908d3afb-9c43-4ccb-9746-0ed385961ca7-jpeg
    Thanks so much, b1gsky! Really appreciate it. Do you have a large SC? Would the small OP fit inside the large one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast