Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a $100 gift card. What should I get?

I bought a $100 gift card to help out the crew at Tom Bihn for a bit while they are helping out with the COVID-19 mask issue. I know it is not much, but I thought any bit helps.

In any event, what should I get? I have a Synik 30 and Synapse 25, a bunch of other things, but I am wanting to get some accessories for those bags since I use them the most.

I really want something to hold my noise canceling headphones. I have Sony WH-1000 XM3s that I carry every day. I currently use the Peak Design Tech pouch, which fits perfectly in the bottom of the Synapse and Synik. I also have a battery pack, kindle, assorted cables, and other miscellaneous stuff in the Tech Pouch.

I am open to any ideas of what to spend the money on. Are there any must haves? I really like the HLT, but I am not sure the headphones will fit.

I hope everyone is staying healthy out there.

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was my $100 gift card, I'd search the TB website for anything in Grass or Wilderness. I'd make my choices from what was available in those colors.
    Spring

Forum Member
    MO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the headphones and I had an HLT. I didnít really like the HLT, to be honest because I didnít love the clamshell and there was too much organization in it for my needs. It wouldnít be the best thing to use for your headphones considering you have the tech pouch. I would guess youíd end up having all your stuff in the tech pouch and then lots of unused organization in the HLT. The case for the Sony headphones is great as it can hold the accessories and doesnít take up much extra room beyond the size of the headphones. If you are wanting something to hold them thatís a little simpler, id recommend a Side Kick and maybe a couple ghost whales or OPís for the 100. I just got a side kick, side effect, and lots of pouches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side kick is a winner for under $100. I use mine as an in flight bag and it holds my Bose noise cancelling over ear headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xyppy View Post
    If it was my $100 gift card, I'd search the TB website for anything in Grass or Wilderness. I'd make my choices from what was available in those colors.
    Never thought to search by color but that's a fun idea. I really dig Wilderness.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would actually recommend that you look at some basics. I always seem to use the halcyon medium organizer pouches and the travel trays. They're light and flexible, and (like some folks above) I have found that "too much organization" can be a detriment. I have several medium organizers and use them for snacks, electronics, and even papers if they're small or folded. I have a blue travel tray that holds all my cords, and I have two others that travel with me -- often one to hold headphones and stuff for the airplane and the other to be my "bedside" catchall in a hotel room.