Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: HLT + Pilot

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HLT + Pilot

I am considering adding some organization to my pilot. Does anyone know if the HLT large size will fit into the front pocket of a pilot? Any pictures you can share would be great!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtymouse9 View Post
    I am considering adding some organization to my pilot. Does anyone know if the HLT large size will fit into the front pocket of a pilot? Any pictures you can share would be great!
    Yes, the HLT2 will fit into the front pockets of the Pilot. It's a little larger than a Side Effect (HLT2 9.1” (w) x 5.3” (h) x 2.6” (d) / 230 (w) x 135 (h) x 65 (d) mm vs Side Effect 8.7" (w) x 5.1" (h) x 2" (d) / 220 (w) x 130 (h) x 50 (d) mm), which means that with its wider (5.3" vs 5.1") it might protrude very slightly into the mesh wall of the central water bottle pocket of the Pilot. See the Will an HLT fit in one of the front pockets on a Pilot? thread. I don't have a picture to hand of the HLT2 in the Pilot, but that thread has a pictureof the largest accessory that I am comfortable carrying in the Pilot front pocket -- the Standard Spiff Kit which, at 9.4” (w) x 5.7” (h) x 2.6” (d) / 240 (w) x 145 (h) x 65 (d) mm, does impinge more into the mesh wall of the central water bottle pocket (5.7" vs. 5.3" for the HLT2, same depth as the Standard Spiff Kit of 2.6", which is thicker than the Side Effect's 2").
    Last edited by moriond; 05-18-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! That helps a lot! Looks like I am getting a HLT as soon as they start making them again.