Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A smaller than small Snake Charmer

If you have a larger Synik/Synapse and a small Snake Charmer, you know it fills about 2/3s of the "chin" space. But is there a Snake Charmer-like accessory which would (individually) fit this leftover space?

I ask because I have a small Snake Charmer, and I'm thinking of getting a small camera insert which is about the same size. I'd love to keep the Snake Charmer organization, just a little smaller so I could fit both items.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not double sided like the snake charmer, but a cubelet or a size 1 travel stuff sack?

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 3DOC is similar to a one-sided Snake Charmer, but if you especially like the double-sided organization... building on @tress29 's suggestion, a pair of Cubelets? You could even hook them together with some mini double carabiners.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SC's double-sided, see-through layout is what really appeals to me; a bit of a bummer because I don't believe Tom Bihn has something similar in a smaller size. Although I am (gasp!) open to other brands.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mesh 3D organiser cubes are very handy. But not double sided.
    How about a combo of mesh ghost whales?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Alabama
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A smaller than small Snake Charmer

What about a size small mesh pouch? One side is mesh, the other ballistic. Or, a size small mesh ghost whale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ghost whales and mesh pouches don't have the depth the SC does. I do love the ghost whale in the side pockets of the Synik, though!

Turns out that camera insert isn't going to work, but still would love a slightly smaller alternative to the small SC. What I've been doing for now is just tapping all the items to one side and folding the empty half over.