Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 25 EDC Tech Edition

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and this is my first post. I've recently made my first TB purchase, and as you will see by my accessory list, I have gone ALL IN. Now, I'm looking for suggestions on how others pack and take advantage of the available space of the Synapse 25. Without any more preamble, here is what I'm working with:

Synapse 25
    Laptop Cache - 15D
    Freudian slip
    Internal Frame

So, I'm looking to make my Synapse my EDC and I have a few different scenarios for this bag. As a teacher, I take several notebooks, books, folders, etc back and forth with me every day, as well as my iPad and sometimes my MacBook Pro. However, I'm also a technology coach and consultant for my district and do various presentations that require traveling and I'm also carrying all of the aforementioned plus an Apple TV and anywhere from 8-12 different power cords, adapters, and connections.

I would love to hear any packing tips for my bag that take advantage of the space and keep everything tight and secure. Additionally, I'll also be using this bag to travel so all of my tech gear will come with me, plus I would like to get as much of my clothes, toiletries, etc. in there as well to cut down on things I have to "carry". Thanks in advance for any help or tips!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGeno View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and this is my first post. I've recently made my first TB purchase, and as you will see by my accessory list, I have gone ALL IN.
    Welcome to the Forums @NickGeno , I hope you enjoy kitting out your new S25!
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you sound like a prime candidate for a Snake Charmer or HLT (Handy Little Thing) in the lower front pocket.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a large snake charmer for sure. I would also say a large pouch for loose paper, or large double pouch. Being a teacher myself the mini or super mini ghost whale is invaluable as a FAK. I am also thinking a travel tray or stuff sack might be good for thumb drives, wireless mice, presentation clickers and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    When I teach ukulele, I have a bunch of small items that need to be corralled: a couple different styles of tuners, about five different picks, at least four types of hydrators, and my lip balm.

The Travel Tray is perfect to corral it all. It keeps everything from taking over the table. It ensures that I'm not digging around the bottom of the bag searching for the items. I now store small items used for teaching lessons in the Travel Tray all the time. It keeps me organized.

Enjoy your new bag! elisa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome! I ordered the S25 in March for a planned tech conference in June, but obviously that isn’t happening now. However, I am finally heading to my parents for a few days and need to take all of my “work” tech with me. It was the first time I got to load up the S25 and after stashing everything I can’t believe I waited so long. I love this bag!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply. As both of this items are currently in production, I have some time to decide which would be better for my needs. Between the HLT and the Snake Charmer, do you have a preference, or a preferred size?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So for me, the difference is if you want something that opens clamshell or not. I tend to use smaller organizers as bucket to throw little things into that I don't want to lose inside my bag, but that doesn't work as well with a HLT. You need to enough discipline / organization to make sure everything is clipped and secured, otherwise things will fall over the floor when you unzip it and you will make a sad face.