Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running with V1 Mask

Hey, y'all just wanted to ask if anyone has ran with their V1 mask?
    What your experience with it was like in terms of how breathable the mask was?
    If you have glasses how was the experience with fogging?

Thank you!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plxngyn View Post
    Hey, y'all just wanted to ask if anyone has ran with their V1 mask?
    What your experience with it was like in terms of how breathable the mask was?
    If you have glasses how was the experience with fogging?

Thank you!
    Hi @plxngyn and Welcome to the Forums!

Where I'm exercising, I'm far enough away from people that I don't wear a mask....hopefully others will chime in.

You can also check out what I just posted about the V1, using Peet's ties or double of the TB ones, and glasses...earlier in that thread are other wire options

https://forums.tombihn.com/not-about...tml#post192648
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @G42 for the welcome! I am also in the SF Bay Area. I might just have to grab a mask and test it myself.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plxngyn View Post
    Thanks @G42 for the welcome! I am also in the SF Bay Area. I might just have to grab a mask and test it myself.
    The video comparing all three masks shows someone running wearing the v1 mask, but I agree with @G42 that if youíre actually moving and separated from people Iíd think you could do that without a mask. @Darcy might know of other instances. She had a video of a musician singling and performing while wearing a v3 mask, and linked it in response to a question.

Hereís the 3 mask comparison video:

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not a runner but I do have a very physical job. For example, I hand wrap large pallets with industrial stretch wrap. This requires me bending down and walking in a circles around a pallet many times at a fairly quick speed. I can wrap four pallets in a row with my light blue v1 masks and still be able to breathe. I cannot do five without taking a break in between. I can only wrap two pallets in a row with my navy and black v1s.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have run with a V1 mask, just one time. The issue I experienced with it was just that the material is thin and flexible enough that every time I breathed in I sucked the mask against my face. I ended up running with my lips apart, teeth bared as this made it easier to breathe (I canít remember exactly how, but I think this face position stopped the mask from being sucked right against my nostrils, which was making it hard to breathe).

But apart from that sort of heavy breathing situation the V1 is very lightweight and pleasant to wear. Itís my favorite mask for everything except running. I use a more rigid one for that or I go without.