Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization

Hi everyone, I wanted to share some photos of my new Fuji x100v organization strategy with my Icon and Luminary 15, specifically. I recently purchased this new camera and didn't want a typical camera bag. Of course I wanted to use a few bags out of my beloved Tom Bihn collection so I purchased the Tenba BYOB Insert 7, their smallest insert. The x100v is a small but very powerful mirrorless camera so I didn't need a large insert.

Here is my Icon with a few camera supplies in a zippered organizer. This is my compact, over the shoulder carry for street, travel and casual photography. The Icon maintains it shape and does not really bulge out at all.

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-icon_fuji_1-jpg

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-icon_fuji_2-jpg

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-icon_fuji_3-jpg

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-icon_fuji_4-jpg

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-icon_fuji_5-jpg

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-icon_fuji_6-jpg

Now here is my Luminary 15, which I use when I'm biking and/or hiking to a photo destination. It's also my portable photo studio, complete with 2020 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard running Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop for on-the-go editing. I have a Side Effect and HLT2 at the bottom of the bag, plus a portable cigar humidor located in the water bottle section, perfect fit!

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-dlbp_fuji3-1-jpg

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-dlbp_fuji_2-jpg

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-dlbp_fuji_4-jpg

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-dlbp_fuji_5-jpg

My Fuji x100v Camera Organization-dlbp_fuji_6-jpg

Hope you enjoyed the photos! Can't wait to take some beautiful photos with my Fuji while protecting it with the insert and Tom Bihn bags Smilie
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried packing my X100F into a Tenba BYOB 7 but didn't end up liking it because I also wanted to slip my neoprene camera strap into the bag. I wound up using the decidedly less slick LowePro DashPoint 30. I may yet switch back into the BYOB 7 and just store the strap separately. The BYOB 7 fits so well in many Bihn bags.

After two good trips my X100F has gotten quite a few battle scars but has been performing quite excellently. I am not sure I will ever get off the Olympus/M43 train but I have been impressed with the quality of photos the X100 series is capable of.

I am sorely tempted by the X100V but have pledged to wear this one out first.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    I tried packing my X100F into a Tenba BYOB 7 but didn't end up liking it because I also wanted to slip my neoprene camera strap into the bag. I wound up using the decidedly less slick LowePro DashPoint 30. I may yet switch back into the BYOB 7 and just store the strap separately. The BYOB 7 fits so well in many Bihn bags.

After two good trips my X100F has gotten quite a few battle scars but has been performing quite excellently. I am not sure I will ever get off the Olympus/M43 train but I have been impressed with the quality of photos the X100 series is capable of.

I am sorely tempted by the X100V but have pledged to wear this one out first.
    I have the Peak Design Cuff wrist strap attached to my x100v most of the time, then have the Slide Lite next to it in the BYOB 7. You can see it in one of the photos above.

This is my first x100 series camera and I'm very impressed! So much power in a small compact camera!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use the Tenba BYOB Insert 7, for an Olympus M5. Currently it's in a messenger-style bag that was a freebie, but it's nice to see the Bihn possibilities!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great camera, I really like the high speed of continuous shooting as well as the abundance of creative features.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john1298 View Post
    It's a great camera, I really like the high speed of continuous shooting as well as the abundance of creative features.
    Absolutely! The film simulations are amazing! Less post-processing for sure.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, I agree!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is super helpful. Thanks! Out of curiosity, that looks like an iPad Pro 12.9 with Magic Keyboard? Does this fit in the Luminary well? Could you post a pic or two of it in/going in? Been contemplating this combo, but uncertain as to how well the iPad would fit.