Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3DOC or HLT for Synik and Pilot

I currently use 4 Ghost Whales (two mini and two small) in the bottom pocket of my Synik 22. But I often switch to my Pilot for work. I was thinking of getting a pouch for the bottom pocket of the Synik that would easily transfer to the pilot. I have settled on either the HLT or the 3dOC and they are similarly sized. I was wondering if anyone is in the situation and has a recommendation. Thanks

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Synapse 25 and a Pilot and my HLT 2 fits perfectly in both. If anything, I would say that it fits better in the front pocket of my pilot than it does in my Synapse. Since you have a 22 I'm guessing you'd use a smaller HLT 1, but I think I would still recommend it. They hold a shocking amount of stuff and unlike in a regular organizer cube, everything stays put where you left it so you don't have to go digging around through everything to find a charger or the right cable.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t speak to fitting it in the bottom pocket (although if I remember later, I’ll check if it will work in my S22), but I have an HLT2 I use for my bare essentials purse and love it. I especially like that I can put first aid leaflets in it like a book, and the back mesh pocket on the leaflets is perfect for carrying money, checks, and coupons.

Don’t know if that helps any, but if you’re looking for a pouch with more organization I’d definitely go with an HLT. Otherwise if you just want one open compartment, then the 3DOC would be better of course.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The HLT2 does not fit well in the bottom/chin pocket of the SN22 or S19... it takes work and would need to be under filled.

The smaller HLT1 and the 3DOC (fabric or clear) fit much better.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...