Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: belt for HLT

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

belt for HLT

I've been scouring the parts section to find a belt that I could thread through the back of the HLT and connect with gatekeepers on my hip belt. I used to carry my SE as a hip belt when cycling and would like to do the same with the HLT. Is there an extension/belt like this available on the website?
    Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure if I'm following what you're trying to do @Traveltech

From the product page:

"Carried on its own as a minimal waist pack, sling, or shoulder bag
    The HLT was designed and intended as a pouch you’d use inside of a larger bag. That said, you can easily add a waist belt or a shoulder strap to carry it on its own.

If you have a Synik or any of our backpacks, you’ve already got a 1” Gatekeeper Waist Belt that you can detach and use with the HLT. If you’d rather not do that or you don’t have one, you can choose the optional 1” GateKeeper Waist Strap if you’d like to carry the HLT as a waist pack or a cross-body sling bag.

Choose the optional 1” Shoulder Strap if you’d like to carry the HLT cross-body or over the shoulder. You might already have one of these if you have our Side Kick.

Note: if you choose an HLT 2 and you’ve got it heavily loaded, you may notice that it tips outward slightly as the attachment points for the waist strap or the shoulder strap are on one side of the bag as opposed to two sides. We personally didn’t find this to be annoying or anything, but it’s worth mentioning. As we said, the HLT is primarily intended to be an internal organizer pouch."

Are you trying to do something other than the above...?

Connecting the HLT to a different/exisiting hip belt...?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd add a comment to @G42 's post. Are you talking about the HLT1 or the HLT2? The HLT 1 is particularly easy because the back side of the bag is divided so that you can pass a belt through either of the upper or lower loops -- each of which is just a tad over 2" wide.

The HLT2 is set up so that the back side of the pouch has a central section for a belt loop plus the upper and lower loops:

This is a quick example from one of the early posts I answered when @pammy wanted to know about ways of attaching the HLTs to the top of a Smart Alec.

If you give more details, we can add information.

HTH

moriond

ETA: for the HLT 1, generally easiest to pass the belt through the top loop at back; for the HLT 2, usually use the center (narrower) loop.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! I can see how a regular belt would fit well with the HLT. I was hoping to find a connector piece that would work with my hip belt with gatekeeper ends, but it looks like that’s not available. I’ll stick with the SE for cycling!

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually have used the hip belt with gatekeeper ends. It worked well enough for me, for occasional use, but it was kinda floppy. And it looked like it might be putting stress on the seams in a way they weren’t designer for.