Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tenba BYOB 10 DSLR insert in Synik 30

Hi all, I know this is a pretty specific question, but I figure this is the first, best place to start :-)

I have a Synik 30 and need to carry/store two Sony mirrorless cameras (a6400s), two lenses, and accessories. I *think* the Tenba BYOB 10 insert—the kind that opens suitcase-sale, not the end opening one—is the right size to fit everything I need, but not sure if it will fit in the Synik with the exterior pockets filled. Is there anyone out there with a similar carry situation who can offer any tips?

France
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Tenba BYOB 10 insert, but it is the top opening version rather than the slightly larger ‘Backpack” side opening version - which I think is what you are referring to.

I am not familiar with Sony A6400, but I would be surprised if 2 cameras and 2 lenses would fit? When buying a Tenba BYOB I tried a few different models and was surprised by the slightly bigger size needed for easy use and sufficient capacity.

My BYOB 10 (not backpack version) fits a Nikon Z6 and a couple of lenses and accessories, and comfortably fits and is easy access in a Synik 30. But equally fits in many other TB bags as well.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    I am not familiar with Sony A6400, but I would be surprised if 2 cameras and 2 lenses would fit? When buying a Tenba BYOB I tried a few different models and was surprised by the slightly bigger size needed for easy use and sufficient capacity.
    I've got the BYOB 7 (smaller model of your 10) and it fits one a6400 and a 16-55 2.8 plus a few accessories. I keep most of my extra stuff in a 3DOC. That works great in the Synik. I took all my gear and Tetrised it together and I can get it in the 11.5" x 8.5" spec interior size, so I'm thinking I could make it work. The 10 you have is 4.5" high (per spec, maybe not so in real life); the backpack version is 5". Does yours fit snug or comfortable when the exterior pockets are full?

France
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmedek View Post
    Does yours fit snug or comfortable when the exterior pockets are full?
    My version of the Tenba BYOB 10 fits with generous space in Synik 30. I rarely have pockets overly full, but have had no problem. Indeed I also use it occasionally in Synik 22 which is snug but useable. The clamshell opening of the Syniks makes it a good access.

I tried and also kept a Tenba BYOB 7 which, for my Nikon Z6, works well if I am only carrying the camera and a medium sized lens, and not carrying any additional lens or accessories.
    Last edited by BigBadD; 02-14-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's super-helpful, thanks for the info!