Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charging Cables - Q Kit or Ghost Whale?

Hi All,

This is my first post here, though I've been a TB fan for a long time!

I currently have an Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Iberian) as my main travel bag. I usually put a Packing Cube Shoulder bag in one end pocket which can serve as an easy-to-remove item on the plane. As such, it has my tech items including my iPad Air 2 and, importantly for this post, my charging cables. I recently got a new, smaller charger to combine the multiple I was going with previously and my old pouch for storing cables is overkill in terms of size. I am looking to downsize into either the Q Kit or a Ghost Whale pouch and am hoping you all can help me decide on which is best for my situation.

Contents:
    • Baseus 65W GaN Charger with 2 USB-C ports and 1 USB - Roughly 4inches long by 1inch wide by 1.5 inches tall
    • 3-ft Anker Powerline II USB C-to-C
    • 6 Inch Amazon Basics USB C-to-C
    • 6 Inch Amazon Basics USB to Lightning

Would all of this fit into the Q Kit Mini? Or the Ghost Whale Mini? I do generally prefer "flatness" in packing, but my main concern is getting the smallest pouch that will fit it all.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Ghost Whale Mini for my mouse, which has similar dimensions to your charger. It would probably work well. I prefer the flatter profile of the Ghost Whales to the Q-Kit.

As an alternative, I use a Cubelet for my Anker PowerPort4 (2.5 2.5 1.1 inches) and several USB cables with plenty of room to spare. The official dimensions for the Cubelet are 5.1" (w) x 5.1" (h) x 2.2" (d), so I suspect it would work for your case as well.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums @ivan2540 !
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Seattle Teacher & Dad
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve used both the Q-kit and GW pouches for charging cables, etc. My favorite is the small size of the GW: packs flat and holds multiple cords and dongles. Whether or not it will carry a small charging brick is really up to the size of the brick. Anything thicker than an inch and/or longer than 1-2 inches, and I either carry that part separately, just tucking it into some corner of a larger bag, or I use the Q-kit for all of it (the cubelet is nice for this too). Without any kind of brick to carry, I can even fit all the cords I need (4 of them) into the GW mini, which is pretty cool. This applies for daily carry...
    ...for traveling, I really like using the small travel tray instead: all my cords and a brick or two into the tray, cinched up and flattened down, packs nice and small into a travel bag. Then when I get to my destination, it all comes out and I use the tray for Knick-knacks bedside.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your responses! I'm now leaning heavily towards the Ghost Whale. If I pull the trigger (probably not for a while because I don't want to pay customs into Canada and have minimal travel scheduled until things open up wider), I'll post back here with my experience!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan2540 View Post
    Thank you all for your responses! I'm now leaning heavily towards the Ghost Whale. If I pull the trigger (probably not for a while because I don't want to pay customs into Canada and have minimal travel scheduled until things open up wider), I'll post back here with my experience!
    Darcy just posted that the Ghost Whales will be restocked and available for order on Friday 26th

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...ruck-more.html

FYI: If you had already placed a pre-order, you can add to that pre-order so that it all ships at once with one shipping charge

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/pre-orders
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...