Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 181
Welcome to our newest member, Zmanlane1.

messenger bag for 17" PB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zydeco
    • May 2003

messenger bag for 17" PB

hi

i see that you're making a brain cell case for the 17" PB but what bags will it fit in? i like the design of your products and i want a messenger style bag.

thanks
  • Darcy
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
    • May 2003

Hey Zydeco,

The Size 1 Brain Cell for the 17" Powerbook will fit inside the Empire Builder briefcase and the Courier Laptop messenger bag.

Both are great bags, but the Courier is a bit more like a messenger bag.

Tom is busy designing a large messenger bag, but that won't be available for at least 1-2 months - we'll keep you posted!
    Last edited by Darcy; 10-24-2003, 09:30 AM.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

• ddrake
      • Nov 2003

bag for 17" PB

Is there any chance of getting a midsize bag that accepts a 17 inch PowerBook?

The Empire Builder and Courier bags just look a bit too bulky for ordinary use. Perhaps there is a market for a mid-thickness bag, such as an Eclipse or ID, which accepts a size 1 Brain Cell.

Thanks.

Comment

• Tom Bihn
        I work here at TOM BIHN
        • May 2003

Good news and bad news:
        good news is that we are going to make a new big messenger bag to fit EVERY Brain Cell, plus the prototypes of this bag look really cool.
        Bad news is that it won't be done for perhaps another 2 months, maybe sooner.
        Stay tuned

Comment

• ddrake
          • Nov 2003

Bag for 17 inch PB

Great! Sounds like just the ticket. Please post back when this product becomes available.

Thanks.

Comment

• geva
            • Dec 2003

Are you able to give us a sense of the likely dimensions of this new bag yet? I'm trying to decide whether to spring for a Courier bag for my 17" PB now, which is frankly a bit big for my needs, or whether to just buy a Bain Cell to cart the thing around in for a month or two until the new bag is released.

Comment

• sunga
              I work at Tom Bihn
              • May 2003

Over-all it won't be a whole lot different in volume from Trager's Courier. Different features somewhat, different look. IF anything perhaps a little bigger.
              A little.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

-Dr. Seuss

Comment

• webw
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2003

Pix?

Any preview pics? I'mhoping it doesn't drop in January after I get an Empire Builder for Christmas and make me sad (relatively speaking) that i got the EB instead of the uberbag you reference.

Comment

• Tom Bihn
                  I work here at TOM BIHN
                  • May 2003

Opps, I responded last time from Sunga's computer, so that was me & not her above.
                  Sorry, no pictures yet - all the prototypes have been ripped apart for repatterning. Besides, they were pretty funky looking.
                  I can't guarentee that you won't prefer the Empire Builder anyway.
                  But don't you really want both?

Comment

• webw
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2003

<VoiceofGod>In a world...</VoiceofGod>

of no kids and no mortgage, shoooot yeah I'd prefer both ... I knew I was destined for bag addiction almost a year ago. However, I don't necessarily have the fundage on hand to feed the beast. That said, I'm sure I will dig my Empire Builder, due to come into my possession a mere 16 days from today. My question was more along the lines of "will the 'n-uberbag' offer the same (or similar) feature set and more space than the EB only in a messenger bag form factor? (sort of like if Timbuk2's Commute or the Bolo messenger with about a jillion pockets) Just curious. Also, any idea as to when said n-Uberbag will drop?

Comment

Working...
                    X