PDA

View Full Version : Travel Laundry Stuff Sack with the tri-star?

PrimalMama
08-11-2015, 11:09 AM
has anyone used these two together? I'd love one, but since they're sized for the Aeronaut 30 & 45, I'm not quite sure if it will work well, which size to get, etc. :)

synchron
08-11-2015, 12:59 PM
I used a TLSS in my Tristar and it worked great. I used the one sized for the A30. In the back section I used a medium Eagle Creek folder for clothes and then was able to vertically insert the TLSS into the space next to it. Perfect fit; No squishing needed. At times I also put it into one of the front sections next to toiletries.

synchron
08-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Forgot to add: I also put an Eagle Creek packing tube thing horizontally under the packing folder. These 3 items filled up the space comfortably but not stuffed.

garrily
08-11-2015, 01:09 PM
I used the Aeronaut 30 Travel Laundry Stuff Sack with my Western Flyer and thought it worked great in one of the divided sides, with room left over to stash a regular stuff sack (size 2). It may be a tad harder to maximize the space due to the cylindrical shape of the TLSS, but enough can be crammed around it to make it worthwhile. Keep in mind that you will fit more clothes into the regular TS packing cubes than can fit in the A30 size TLSS, so you probably want to plan only to use it for undies, socks, maybe a workout clothing set and use something else for your primary wardrobe. I can't comment on the A45 version.

PrimalMama
08-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Thanks - my best guess says the one for the A30 is the right choice - I'm grabbing some accessories and organizers, because, you know, I have to order more Tom Bihn goodies every few years ;)

Perseffect
08-11-2015, 03:41 PM
I had both the a30 and A45 version. The a45 was too big really for the WF or Tristar. The A30 size works perfectly especially if packed vertically as others have commented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imperator
08-12-2015, 09:09 AM
I still use space-bags to organize dirty laundry in the same packing cube. More flexibility and isolates the smelly things very well. Plus your bag can shrink as your travels progress!

PrimalMama
08-13-2015, 06:58 PM
I ordered the A30 size, plus a swift, snake charmer and a bunch of pouches and doo-dads.... I'll let you know how it all works when it arrives! :D

PrimalMama
09-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Okay, just back from my trip with the laundry sack... Firstly, while I read the dimensions, it was still a lot smaller than I'd imagined.

I'm not a large person, but a pair of my jeans or sweats would probably take up the whole stuff sack. It was, however, great for baby clothes, underwear, tank tops.

I found that my A30size fit perfectly the short way in the tri-star, and it fit best either in the small side in the front compartment or in the kind of divot created in the middle compartment when you have the zipper zipped and fill both sides of the front very full.

I still wish there were a bigger one that was specific to the TS.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk