PDA

View Full Version : Followup on travel with the Pilot/Aeronaut combo

BeeTee
09-29-2015, 12:00 PM
A couple of months ago I posted here requesting opinions about a Pilot or Co-Pilot as an alternative to the Empire Builder that I'd been travelling with, along with my first-generation Aeronaut (which looks to be basically the same as what is now the Aeronaut 45). Based on the excellent feedback here, I purchased a Pilot and recently went on a ten-day trip to destinations in the US and Canada. The Pilot is great! It holds much less stuff than the EB, but is easier to travel with, including when flying: it can sit under the seat without cutting off all the room for one's feet, and it is small and light enough that it is a breeze to carry even when you are carrying another, larger, bag. The Aeronaut also proved itself a champ once again: I was able to sneak a jacket that I couldn't fit into the pilot on top of the aeronaut, secured underneath the handle with snaps. The aeronaut was unusually full this trip--I was attending a family wedding, among other things. I had a men's 46-r suit in there, as well as hard leather size 11 shoes, and enough changes of semi-formal clothes for three days of wedding events along with my usual travel garments and toiletries. Everything stayed in good shape. I still use the EB for work-related tasks, but the Pilot/Aeronaut combo has now become my default travel luggage for trips of any length. Thanks again to folks at this forum for the good advice, and I highly recommend these two bags to anybody who is considering them.

Ilkyway
09-30-2015, 01:12 AM
BeeTee what a nice followup! I think these kind of feedbacks have the most value as they give others a sense of what has worked out. May I put a link to your original thread in here too?

http://forums.tombihn.com/questions-about-bags/10042-pilot-co-pilot.html

Ilkyway

LordAnubis
09-30-2015, 05:40 AM
Nice! Thanks for the post. I have purchased this combination and it's awaiting at home for me to return from my current trip and pack everything into my new Aeronaut 45/Pilot combo.

BeeTee
09-30-2015, 05:13 PM
BeeTee what a nice followup! I think these kind of feedbacks have the most value as they give others a sense of what has worked out. May I put a link to your original thread in here too?

http://forums.tombihn.com/questions-about-bags/10042-pilot-co-pilot.html

Ilkyway

Of course! Thanks for the kind remark.