PDA

View Full Version : Organizer Pouches, Freudian Slip, Q-tip, oh my...

jhnmason
10-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Tom Bihners,

First, loving my S25, it has been serving as an excellent EDC for work and anything else I've needed so far. Some days I bike to work and it is great whilst riding and while I am walking around during the day at school. All of the pockets force me to get more organized as opposed to merely throwing everything in the biggest compartment and I am still shocked at how much stuff I can toss in this thing everyday. I do want to get a little more organized though and am trying to figure out what my best course of action may be. I have two small organizer pouches and a side effect, each of which are helpful. The one small organizer pouch is a little first aid kid with ibuprofen, bandaids, and rubber gloves, while the side effect is a little toiletry kit with some extra pomade, deodorant, and a comb. I am trying to figure out what else would be helpful for me to get more organized.

Right now I am thinking I may be ripe for a Freudian Slip as I have enough papers on a regular basis that it would be nice to have somewhere a bit more organized to place them. Still wasn't sure if I should do that or just go for a large clear organizer pouch to put them in. I'm also assuming a Freudian slip would help me with the extra pens and pencils that I typically carry as well as various small electronic knickknacks. I was thinking of a Pencil Case sized Organizer pouch at the least for the extra markers and what not that I carry, plus then I could get some extra erasers and perhaps an extra dry erase board eraser, too.

I was looking at a Q-tip too as it looks handy for some of those extra small items, but am still split. See the picture and video for my typical EDC, as of now, with the only other addition typically being a Rainjacket rolled up in a TSS #2 or an umbrella. Clearly, I would also get some more key straps as they would help with the organizer pouches and anything else that I add in.

http://i.imgur.com/jwD7dZs.jpg?3

https://youtu.be/wguhcdb_kfs

weirdguy
10-03-2015, 05:31 PM
@jhbmason, great video!

I haven't get myself to own a Synapse though I read many outstanding reviews. It is more like I seldom use Backpack unless I travel or need to carry my 15" Laptop.

Your video really amazed me and bring another perspective especially the last few seconds when you slide in your Lunch Box (I assumed) to the bottom pocket. Wow, I thought to myself. It is indeed a big pockets. Also, I really like a standing Backpack and your video clearly show that on the last seconds.

I wonder if you didn't slide in your Lunch Box, does your Synapse still stand on its own?

Thanks again,

Kirri
10-07-2015, 12:12 AM
I definitely recommend the q-tip for anything small. I wasn't sure about it before I got one in each size and now I wish I had more.

jhnmason
10-08-2015, 02:42 AM
@weirdguy,

The S25 will stand on its own sans lunchbox as long as I still have some other items in it. The key, I've found, is to make sure you have some items in the front pockets and having something down towards the bottom on the inside of the bag. I've got some small thing, computer mouse, VGA cord, etc. in there on a daily basis.

@Kirri,

Thanks for the recommendation, I've already got a big order coming in to test out some A45 + other bag combos but will likely need an additional order later for more organization. Will be adding some of those to my list. Also, ordered the FS in this same order so I am thinking, and hoping, that will take care of a nice chunk of my organization needs.

Yokosmom
10-08-2015, 06:16 AM
I definitely recommend the q-tip for anything small. I wasn't sure about it before I got one in each size and now I wish I had more. I can second this. I bought one Q-kit, not sure of what I'd do with it--ended up being the perfect size for my emergency inhaler, lip balm and lipstick. They're useful for an endless variety of small things.