PDA

View Full Version : Not Digging the Absolute strap on Super Ego...suggestions?

pulaski
09-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Greetings...

I love my new Super Ego - it's big, but, not huge- just right for me and my 17" MacBook Pro and it's stuff, actually. What I do not like is the Absolute Strap. I'm a big guy: 6"4' ~ 300lbs. The strap is so small (on me) that is strangles me when I try to wear my SE high on my back.

Any suggestions? Will the Q-AM fit the bill? The bill is "big guy..."

Also, I thought that the SE was able to switch out straps super easy...in fact, I bought the SE w/ the Absolute based on this pic:
http://www.tombihn.com/Merchant2/images/absolutethumb.jpg

The SE doesn't have clips like that. Is mine just messed up?

Thanks again all...great product. Everyone asks about it when walking in from work- we have a huge parking lot and tons of people in a multi-complex- always get compliments and am happy to show them the insides, etc.

-Al

astras
09-18-2007, 11:08 PM
I also have a Super-Ego (as well as a Brain Bag & an Empire Builder). While not a "big" guy, I did not like the absolute strap on the Super Ego for carrying it across your back. (As a side point, I love, I mean LOVE, the Absolute strap for the Aeronaut [did I mention I own one of those too, oh, I guess my wife is right, I am obsessive] and the Empire Builder.)

I bought the Q-AM and found it a better choice for the Super Ego. Its easier to adjust to distribute the weight better & the padding is a little thicker across you chest. Overall, its easier to wear the bag across my back, get it on and off, and tighten it if need be.

Adam

scholar
10-01-2007, 01:35 PM
I have a super ego with a q-am, and absolutely love it:)

it does carry very nicely on my upper back, and tends to be my weekend travel bag when it's not toting math and psych text books...