PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Bag O-rings just one more, please

tebnewyork
11-06-2015, 06:54 AM
I recently got a MCB and like it a lot more than expected. So comfortable to wear. Not sure if that's because the Dyneema is soft and form fits or they are all like that. There is one thing I've seen that could raise the awesomeness of the bag. One more O-ring in the back. I would place it just inside the the left edge of the back pocket.

With that O-ring I would attach my keys on a long tether and they when I get home carrying stuff I wouldn't have to open the bag to get to them. Don't have to worry about them falling out of the pocket and getting lost since its tethered.

I know the Cafe Bags are not new and I didn't do an exhaustive search of the forums but don't know if this was ever discussed and ruled out.

moriond
11-06-2015, 07:27 AM
@tebnewyork, This has been requested before (in the same context you gave), and there are also old threads, like this one from 2009: O-Rings in Back Pockets (http://forums.tombihn.com/general-bag-discussion/2196-o-rings-back-pockets.html), as well as more recent, wish list requests?

moriond

tebnewyork
11-06-2015, 07:50 AM
I think I just use really bad search terminology on this site....I've been a moderator on a vBulletin powered photography site before and I generally could find old threads with ease.

marytattoo
11-06-2015, 08:44 AM
I think I just use really bad search terminology on this site....I've been a moderator on a vBulletin powered photography site before and I generally could find old threads with ease.
I'm guessing you carry your bag from your left shoulder, hence the request for the o-ring to be on the left? I carry mine on my right shoulder, so vote for one on each side or the center... ;)

tebnewyork
11-06-2015, 08:52 AM
I'm guessing you carry your bag from your left shoulder, hence the request for the o-ring to be on the left? I carry mine on my right shoulder, so vote for one on each side or the center... ;)

It actually doesn't really matter to me where it is. I picked the left because that is the higher side of the slanted pocket and I thought it would allow the most flexibility.

Saltgirl
11-06-2015, 01:06 PM
As a stop gap I have my keys on a keystrap attached to a carabiner. I clip the carabiner to the grab handle on the back of the bag and drop the keys in the pocket.

Pokilani
11-06-2015, 01:19 PM
I rarely open my bag to get my keys from my SCB. I keep my keys on a colored key strap and just reach for it and slip the keys out without opening the bag. Sometimes I'll keep it clipped to an internal o-ring and slip it into the back pocket. It's not as clean, but I'm cool with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marytattoo
11-06-2015, 01:48 PM
I just pull the keystrap out and usually let it hang. Just not neat.