Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,938   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

water bottle for co-pilot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seed
    • Nov 2007

water bottle for co-pilot?

I recently received a Co-Pilot, I'm still determining if I'm going to be able to make it work as my work bag. I really like it, but it might be just a tad too small. I have a Klean Kanteen 27 oz water bottle with a loop lid, it's about an inch too tall for the water bottle compartment. I feel like I should be able to get a water bottle with the same capacity (27 ounces / 800 ml) into the water bottle compartment, it just needs to be a little shorter and a little wider in diameter. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Badger
    Volunteer ********* Alumni
    • Apr 2011

If you like your current bottle, you could try replacing the loop lid with one of the flat caps:

Klean Kanteen Classic Caps: All Stainless Steel Loop Cap

Klean Kanteen Classic Caps: Stainless Unibody Bamboo Cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Seed
      • Nov 2007

[QUOTE=Badger;117804]If you like your current bottle, you could try replacing the loop lid with one of the flat caps:

Thanks, I did think about that but I wasn't sure if it would be able to fit even with the non-loop lid. I'll have to take a closer look to see if they post the heights of the lids.

Comment

• moriond
        Volunteer Moderator
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Badger View Post
        If you like your current bottle, you could try replacing the loop lid with one of the flat caps:

Klean Kanteen Classic Caps: All Stainless Steel Loop Cap

Klean Kanteen Classic Caps: Stainless Unibody Bamboo Cap
        @Badger. The Bamboo cap for the Kleen Kanteen looks really nice. For the record, the largest capacity water bottle I've succeeded in fitting into the Co-Pilot water bottle pocket is a 1.0 liter Sigg (not insulated). You can achieve the extra volume capacity with a 3.2" diameter bottle (vs. the 2.9" diameter of the 27 oz Kleen Kanteens), but the smaller diameters are preferred, to avoid making the back wall of the pocket bulge into the main back storage compartment. The 24-oz Pattern Water Bottle from Liberty Bottleworks is also likely a good fit, since I can insert the 32 oz Matterhorn Water Bottle (more easily if I let the "wings" of the top lid protrude above the zipper).

Other 750 ml beverage bottles easily fit into this pocket.

HTH

moriond

Comment

• Seed
          • Nov 2007

Thank you for this incredibly helpful info Moriond. For now I've decided to get the stainless steel loop cap, if that doesn't work I'll go with one of your suggestions or I may try a Vapur.

Comment

• eeew_yuk
            • Nov 2016

I found a water bottle on Amazon that fits and works perfectly for me, the Mira brand "12 Oz (350 ml) Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle / Double Walled Stainless Steel Cola Shape Travel Water Bottle". It might be too small a capacity for a most people, but for that reason I also like it because at work it makes me get up off my butt to go to walk to the water fountain for a refill.

Comment

Working...
            X