Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,299   Posts: 197,922   Members: 7,251   Active Members: 183
Welcome to our newest member, Bikes&bags.

Me and my Ego at EBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meryddian
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2007

Me and my Ego at EBC

I thought you would appreciate seeing this picture of me and my Ego at Everest Base Camp, Tibet, taken on Thursday, Oct 11, 2007.

It was very cold and the wind was extremely brisk, which explains my grimmacing expression, heh. What you see here is the sign on the Tibet/north face EBC, which reads Mt. Qomolangma Base Camp, 5200m. And although the hill on the left looks higher from the angle this picture was taken from, Everest is that snowy lump on the right, behind the building. ;)

This bag has now trekked around China (Shanghai, Suzhou, Shaolin, Pingyao, Beijing, the trans-Tibet train, and EBC), down the Friendship Highway to Kathmandu, to Bangkok and is, for the moment, being sported in Tokyo. Hardy and stylish, the best way to travel!
    Last edited by Meryddian; 10-16-2007, 07:21 PM. Reason: fixed spelling on item
    - blog |
    "Life's a journey - get lost along the way."
  • Just
    Volunteer *********
    • Mar 2006

Truly inspiring! I was just looking at my "Places traveled" map recently and thinking that it looks rather... bare. Needs to be recitified!

Comment

• dsg29
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2005

Wow! Great shot!
      I have to chuckle at Mt Everest, tallest peak on earth, being described as "that snowy lump on the right". A wonderful description indeed.
      It's worth considering that your entire purpose in life could be to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

• Meryddian
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Just View Post
        Truly inspiring! I was just looking at my "Places traveled" map recently and thinking that it looks rather... bare. Needs to be recitified!
        I have to say that Tibet was one of the most interesting places I've ever visited - not to mention the *incredible* scenery! My whole trip was about 5-6 weeks - five weeks crossing China, in via Shanghai and then out via Zhangmu in Tibet down to Kathmandu; then on to a few days in Bangkok and Tokyo. I hope at some point in my life I can make it out there again; I'd love to go to the southern/Nepal side EBC as well. :)

It was an eye-opening trip and I feel changed for having experienced it. :)
        - blog |
        "Life's a journey - get lost along the way."

Comment

• gustavo
          • Aug 2006

Nice bag in a nice place... I really want to go there when the time is right.
          One of thoes places every one should visit to marvel at the wonder of earths nature.

everybody have a good new year......
          Bag Inventory : Super Ego (Black/Green/Crimson) , BrainCell (Crimson), Imago (Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi) , SoftCell, The Lux (Black) , Various organizer pouches

Comment

Working...
          X