PDA

View Full Version : New! Sign up to be emailed when certain colors are back in stock

Darcy
04-07-2016, 11:35 AM
We've added a new feature to the website that allows you to easily see which colors of a bag are available/in stock and which colors are "Coming Soon" -- or, in other words, colors that aren't in stock right now but will be soon because they're in production here at the factory.

And even better, you can sign up to be notified via email when a coming soon color is officially in stock and ready for order.

Here's what it looks like when an available color combination is selected:

And here's what it looks like when a coming soon color combination is selected:

Note that the Add To Basket and Wishlist buttons have been replaced with a field in which you can enter your email address to be notified about this particular color combination. You won't receive a confirmation email or anything like that; once you enter your email address in this box and click Notify Me! you'll be signed up. And the moment we add the color you're interested in to the website, you'll automatically be notified via email that it's ready for order.

Colors listed as Coming Soon are colors that are already in production right here in Seattle.

Due to the fact that our brand of manufacturing -- in which we rely on custom, specialty, and high-end materials, made mostly in Japan or in the U.S.A., which can sometimes be delayed -- is variable and requires us to be flexible in terms of priorities for production, no specific time estimates for bags or colors will be offered as part of this. Instead, the general rule will be that if it's listed as Coming Soon, the bag or color will be available within a timeframe of 2 to 12 weeks. (If you need a bag by a certain date, emailus@tombihn.com and we'll try to get a more specific answer for you.)

If the color you're hoping for isn't listed on the bag's page, it isn't being made right now. But that's not to say it won't be made in the future (or, actually, that it will be made in the future!) You're always welcome to emailus@tombihn.com with your votes for future color combinations. :)

Bijouxandbeads
04-07-2016, 12:25 PM
That is soooooo helpful! Thanks!

flaneuse
04-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Thanks is wonderful! Thanks!

yeti
04-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Yesss! Thank you! This will save your kind customer service people from my calls just to ask about color availability. ;)

RDR3
04-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Love this option! Thank you!

Darcy
04-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Isn't it awesome?! We've wanted to offer something like this for so long. Our web development team at Command C (https://www.commandc.com) -- Amanda, Tiffany, and Sara (https://www.commandc.com/about-command-c/our-team/) -- made it happen (and they're the same crew behind the transition from the old website to the new website). So, a lot of the thanks goes to them!

GoStanford
04-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Kudos to the Crew and Command C for making this happen! This will really help with speculation about colors, anxiety about timing of orders, availability of particular combos. I know that for many years TB has been known to surprise us with beautiful new batches of classic colors, but I really think this new feature is a positive step to help customers know what's coming.

imahawki
04-07-2016, 01:55 PM
This is really awesome!

misterN
04-07-2016, 04:26 PM
This is great!

Pokilani
04-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Sweet!!! Command C is the bomb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeBru
04-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Thanks!

I MAY have already signed up for a few things.... Just a few...

bzn
04-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Cool. Good implementation too.

NWhikergal
04-07-2016, 06:10 PM
I love this feature too much!!! It is awesome that it displays the colors for items which will be coming soon both on the main page and the individual product's page. I also like that the name of the color displays when you hold the cursor over the grayed out color if you don't want to click on it.

This is really an awesome change. Thank you - outstanding implementation and website upgrades by Command C!!

jillgil76
04-07-2016, 07:13 PM
I love this new feature! I am still pretty new to Tom Bihn bags, but this has helped me ( not my bank account) add new items to my wish list. 😉

Sara Bacon
04-08-2016, 01:22 PM
So stoked to hear this feedback from the Tom Bihn community! Working with clients as all around awesome and with such a loyal customer base is what makes us LOVE what we do. Thank you all for an impactful and successful team effort!

- Sara and the rest of the Command C team

backpack
04-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Soooo awesome! Yes, I have been away from the site for a few days, that is, always when great and unexpected things happen.

Jenna321
04-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Fantastic! Thank you so much! :D

melonpan
04-12-2016, 08:40 PM
i know that you have this fantastic new service with the email alerts once new bags are available but are the posts in "New Bags and Colors Ready To Order" going to go away for sure? how long do they take to compose? i ask because i really love that thread...

tim13
04-13-2016, 06:15 AM
I just signed up to be notified of the new S25s coming out and while I am thrilled to have that feature, I would hate to see the "New Bags..." sticky be discontinued. My reason is that I originally came to TB looking for a good backpack. I now have six different major bags and lots of miscellaneous accessories. It can be difficult to keep pace with new releases and new combinations and that thread keeps me up-to-date which usually leads to a purchase of something new and not noticed before.

DeBru
04-13-2016, 06:41 AM
i know that you have this fantastic new service with the email alerts once new bags are available but are the posts in "New Bags and Colors Ready To Order" going to go away for sure? how long do they take to compose? i ask because i really love that thread...

@melonpan I love this thread too! Especially since they've been naming the "Editions", the TB Crew has a great sense of humor.

imahawki
04-13-2016, 11:02 AM
I have a question that has perhaps been addressed in the past, but I'm new here. Now that there is a "notification" system built into the retail website, is there any way to interpret time frames? I'm looking at an S25 and there are like 10 colors coming soon. Will they all be released at that same time? Will they be coming in two weeks or could it be three months?

wayoflife
04-13-2016, 01:12 PM
Follow this thread. http://forums.tombihn.com/general-bag-discussion/10022-new-bags-colors-ready-order.html

imahawki
04-13-2016, 01:56 PM
It does? I read the thread, that seems like it covers and OLD method where that thread would be an alert mechanism that new colors are available now. There's nothing in that thread that address the new email notification system on the retail site, nor does it address whether colors not currently available will be coming soon or if they're simply currently in production vs. "out of print" so to speak.

Darcy
04-13-2016, 01:58 PM
I have a question that has perhaps been addressed in the past, but I'm new here. Now that there is a "notification" system built into the retail website, is there any way to interpret time frames? I'm looking at an S25 and there are like 10 colors coming soon. Will they all be released at that same time? Will they be coming in two weeks or could it be three months?

Good question! In general, all of the "Coming Soon" colors will be in one batch, but occasionally they'll be spread across two batches. Time frame for anything "Coming Soon" is typically 2-12 weeks; we aren't able to offer a more specific time frame because priorities in our production department can change depending on material availability and, overall, to ensure the greatest efficiency. If you need a bag by a certain date, emailus@tombihn.com and we'll do our best to provide a more specific answer.

Kirri
04-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Especially since they've been naming the "Editions", the TB Crew has a great sense of humor.

I'd missed that! Yes they do. And yes I really like that overall update forum post. I also hope it continues.

Darcy
04-15-2016, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the feedback! I think it didn't occur to us that the "New Bags and Colors Ready To Order" thread could continue to be useful/interesting, but we see your point. (Credit for starting the clever "editions" goes to @MatthewR) We'll keep updating that thread as long as everyone finds it useful. :)

adalangdon
04-15-2016, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I think it didn't occur to us that the "New Bags and Colors Ready To Order" thread could continue to be useful/interesting, but we see your point. (Credit for starting the clever "editions" goes to @MatthewR) We'll keep updating that thread as long as everyone finds it useful. :)

Thanks a lot, @Darcy! I too was sad to read about the thread going away. Seeing all the new products coming out on a given day can be pretty helpful IMO. E.g. if I saw that you guys had put out a ton of CPs, I'd know not to hold my breath for the next run anytime soon.

jess
04-15-2016, 09:14 AM

Thank you! I love that thread although my wallet thinks it going away may be a good thing. I bet that thread has lead to quite a few impulse buys. Or was that just me?

Darcy
05-31-2016, 01:25 PM
Two small updates here!

#1 We've replaced the wording "Coming Soon" with "In Production" as can be seen on the Synapse 25 page (https://www.tombihn.com/products/synapse-25?variant=16396817159).

#2 The text in the box that appears when one clicks on an "In Production" color is now:

We're making this bag in our Seattle factory and expect it to be available for order within the next 2 - 12 weeks.

(Note the 2 - 12 weeks part! That time frame was shared at the beginning of this thread, but wasn't seen on pages until now.)

tim13
06-02-2016, 11:28 AM
@Darcy, I have a question about the sign up which may be useful to others on the forum. I signed up to be notified for two items which were listed as coming soon and now are neither available nor in production. Does that mean they are gone or not on the schedule for at least 12 weeks? Specifically, the clear wallet in orange 152 and the PCSB in sitka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darcy
06-02-2016, 02:26 PM
@Darcy, I have a question about the sign up which may be useful to others on the forum. I signed up to be notified for two items which were listed as coming soon and now are neither available nor in production. Does that mean they are gone or not on the schedule for at least 12 weeks? Specifically, the clear wallet in orange 152 and the PCSB in sitka.

Excellent question.

Clear Organizer Wallet in Orange 152: We're making this again but there's been a delay in getting more Orange 152 fabric, so we removed this option from In Production because it will potentially take longer than twelve weeks to return.

Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in Sitka: This must've been a glitch, as we don't have any items in Sitka that are In Production. Sorry about that one... I know that's not great news.

We're currently refining/working on the In Production feature, and while that's happening, there is the potential for there to be a few glitches here and there like the one outlined above w/the PCSB in Sitka. We're doing everything we can to minimize those glitches and hope they'll be sorted out by the end of next week.

moriond
06-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Excellent question.

Clear Organizer Wallet in Orange 152: We're making this again but there's been a delay in getting more Orange 152 fabric, so we removed this option from In Production because it will potentially take longer than twelve weeks to return.

Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in Sitka: This must've been a glitch, as we don't have any items in Sitka that are In Production. Sorry about that one... I know that's not great news.

We're currently refining/working on the In Production feature, and while that's happening, there is the potential for there to be a few glitches here and there like the one outlined above w/the PCSB in Sitka. We're doing everything we can to minimize those glitches and hope they'll be sorted out by the end of next week.

Darcy, I assumed the PCSB in Sitka was a glitch, but what happened was that when any of the limited edition PPacking Cube Shoulder bags were still listed as being in stock -- which included Monarch -- the others would simply say "In Production". That was one of the times when you changed messages to "In Production" for other items, as well. I also noted that the Clear Organizer Wallet in Azalea used to be listed as "Coming Soon", but then disappeared with the latest updates.

By the way, I never used to use the "Wish List" feature before the new web sit hosting changes, but I've found it to be once of the easiest ways to keep track of which items go into and out of stock -- mostly just for tracking this, and not necessarily because I've already ordered the items in question. It's a good way to learn about color combination sell-out order.

moriond

Kaz
06-02-2016, 04:55 PM

I too felt sad to see the thread go, and will be happy to keep receiving it. And yes, love the clever 'editions,' MatthewR!

jagmuse
06-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Adding my thanks for keeping the thread - particularly since the 'coming soon' color combos only show up shortly before they are available, and since there are so many new combos coming up, it isn't actually possible to sign up for notifications until it's imminent, and you notice that it's soon to be there! So thank you for keeping the thread, it helps those of us who are perhaps more scattered continue to obsess about what we want next!! ;)