PDA

View Full Version : Sitka, Monarch, Fjord, Island, or Zest? It's time to vote!

Darcy
04-22-2016, 07:01 PM
It’s finally time to vote for the limited edition color that you would like to see us add as our fifth official Halcyon 200d color! The winning color will join our four existing colors: Northwest Sky, Iberian, Wasabi, and Ultraviolet.

For those who might wonder what we’re talking about, here’s the scoop. Last summer, we offered three limited edition Halcyon 200d colors: Zest, Island, and Northwest Sky (http://blog.tombihn.com/zestislandsky). All three colors proved to be very popular, and though we had intended them to be “limited edition”, we decided we wanted keep one of the new colors around as our fifth official Halcyon 200d color.

Then we decided that Northwest Sky (because its a lighter and brighter color) would make a better neutral lining color than our darker Steel Halcyon 200d. We went with our gut on that one, and Northwest Sky is already replacing Steel as a lining color in every new batch of bags we make.

Which color were we going to add: Island or Zest? That didn’t seem like enough choices, so we ordered another round of three limited edition colors: Sitka, Monarch, and Fjord, which debuted on March 29th (http://blog.tombihn.com/sitka-monarch-fjord-halcyon).

It’s been almost a month since that last debut, and now we're letting you guys choose -- by voting in this poll -- for the *one* color out of the limited edition bunch — Zest, Monarch, Island, Fjord, or Sitka — that you’d like to see us make a regular ‘round here.

The fine print:
This poll will be active now through May 2nd.
On May 2nd, we will close this poll and start a new poll that lists the three winning colors from this poll/round. The second poll will be active until May 9th. And the winner of the second poll will be the ultimate winner, the color that is chosen as our fifth official Halcyon 200d color!

You can only vote once and for one color.

Once a winning color is chosen, we’ll place an order for it and our fabric mill in Japan will get to work custom weaving and dying the fabric just for us. This process will take some time. That means you won’t see bags lined with the winning color until late this year (think November or December) at the earliest.

And then we're going to take a nice long break from adding or replacing colors: with the recent debut of Nordic and Black Halcyon 400d and the addition of this fifth Halcyon 200d color, we'll have a palette interesting and varied enough to keep us happy for quite some time.

jdowney83
04-22-2016, 07:04 PM
15189 Ok, can we close the poll now!!!!

adalangdon
04-22-2016, 07:04 PM
Voted Sitka :-)

jess
04-22-2016, 07:44 PM
How am I ever going to choose?!?!

@Darcy-I know it was asked in an earlier thread, but is there any chance that you would consider doing the vote in a two stage process? By that I mean that everyone has a chance to vote for their favorite now and the top two or three get a second vote to decide the final winner. This way people can vote for what they love most the first time then of their color isn't winning they can vote for what they'd most likely buy from the finalists. Sort of like a primary and general election.

GoStanford
04-22-2016, 07:45 PM
For me it came down to Sitka vs. Zest. In the end, the ability to use orange here in San Francisco to support the Giants won out!

Fever39
04-22-2016, 07:47 PM
For me it came down to Sitka vs. Zest. In the end, the ability to use orange here in San Francisco to support the Giants won out!

my Mets[it's from the Giants anyways xD] and Knicks had me with Zest~!

Fever39
04-22-2016, 07:48 PM
someone predicted it, the blues being split will have sitka win. LOLOL

brendabethman
04-22-2016, 07:50 PM

@Darcy-I know it was asked in an earlier thread, but is there any chance that you would consider doing the vote in a two stage process? By that I mean that everyone has a chance to vote for their favorite now and the top two or three get a second vote to decide the final winner. This way people can vote for what they love most the first time then of their color isn't winning they can vote for what they'd most likely buy from the finalists. Sort of like a primary and general election.

Choose Sitka!!! Do it for me :-)

Darcy
04-22-2016, 08:36 PM

I think a two stage process is a great idea (I remember seeing that suggestion!) To do that, we would need to reduce the time that this poll is open so that we have time to have the second poll. So, this poll/the first poll would need to end on May 2nd, and the second poll would be from May 2nd - May 9th.

How's that sound?

fiddling.girl
04-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Perfect! Now back to my mantra: sitka island sitka island sitka island sitka island sitka island sitka...........

Fever39
04-22-2016, 08:45 PM
I think a two stage process is a great idea (I remember seeing that suggestion!) To do that, we would need to reduce the time that this poll is open so that we have time to have the second poll. So, this poll/the first poll would need to end on May 2nd, and the second poll would be from May 2nd - May 9th.

How's that sound?

omg, please? i'd rather see my vote go to something than die so early [zest...]

but for goodness sakes, if my vote for zest was going to go to waste, woulda voted for Monarch..

marytattoo
04-22-2016, 08:51 PM
is the poll not active on Tapatalk?

jdowney83
04-22-2016, 08:53 PM
@Darcy that sounds awesome and fair, I think it is awesome for you guys to be open to the idea. Would it be possible to Sticky this thread or is it automatically stickied because it is a poll?

@fiddling.girl Island!!!!

adalangdon
04-22-2016, 08:53 PM

Can't see it on mine--when I voted earlier, it was on my laptop.

marytattoo
04-22-2016, 09:00 PM
Can't see it on mine--when I voted earlier, it was on my laptop.
guess I'll go in through the Web. I don't have a computer.

imagineez
04-22-2016, 09:01 PM

I've never been able to find polls on Tapatalk before. It's always been on my computer for me.

marytattoo
04-22-2016, 09:02 PM
I just went through the Web and voted. Tx.

Rocks
04-22-2016, 09:15 PM
I really have to think hard about this! Zest is great. Sitka is great. I love monarch, but I don't think it has a chance. I'm not a huge fan of blues, but I haven't seen fjord yet (soon! I'm getting a large shop bag).
I guess what I'm saying is my vote can be bought.

fiddling.girl
04-22-2016, 09:19 PM
I wish I could love the combination of zest or monarch with original Halycon or with the new black Halcyon....but I cannot. Too much like Hallowe'en! Alas. And also alack.

jess
04-22-2016, 09:46 PM

How's that sound?

Thank you!

jess
04-22-2016, 09:49 PM
Choose Sitka!!! Do it for me :-)

Your wish is my command :)

ps maybe we need Sitka yarn...

automaticsoap
04-22-2016, 10:12 PM
Originally I thought my vote would go to Island, but now I'm truly torn between Sitka and Zest.

flips712
04-22-2016, 10:18 PM
I wish I could love the combination of zest or monarch with original Halycon or with the new black Halcyon....but I cannot. Too much like Hallowe'en! Alas. And also alack.

I realized the pouch I recently received is definitely zest and not monarch. So yeah, I'll admit that I'm pretty smitten with zest now.

Although I'm likely the only person in the world who really dislikes Halloween, my vote goes to zest. The zest really pops though and is a light enough color that would make an ideal interior color IMO.

I'm reconsidering my second choices if zest doesn't make it in the primary election. I wish I had received a monarch pouch so I could appropriately evaluate all the color options side by side. I think my second choices are monarch or island.

And I'm 100% certain that this poll will consume more of my time and interest than the presidential election. SMH....

marytattoo
04-23-2016, 03:54 AM
I just think Sitka is a color we haven't had at all. Lots of Blues. a red. zest and burnt orange. but no "real" green. so I'm going for Sitka because it's completely new.

adalangdon
04-23-2016, 04:38 AM
Island is fun, but I find it lacks depth. It's just a straight-up light blue, which I find kind of hard to get behind. But what bugs me more is that it seems to only really complement black. No doubt i would get a black halcyon/island bag at some point because that combo is gorgeous, but... Eh. Don't know how it would go with the other colours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b1gsky
04-23-2016, 04:53 AM
I voted for Fjord, but I would probably pick Sitka over Island in the second round if things stay as they are right now.

threeteez
04-23-2016, 05:23 AM
Which will wear the crown...

brendabethman
04-23-2016, 07:07 AM
Your wish is my command :)

ps maybe we need Sitka yarn...

Yes! We totally need Sitka yarn :-)

doesntmakememadonna
04-23-2016, 07:17 AM
It is so cool and generous that you agreed to make it a vote with a runoff election, @Darcy. Thanks!

I am completely undecided. I just asked my three year old and she expressed my feelings perfectly: "All the colors, mama! And a pink one too!"

Ilkyway
04-23-2016, 07:30 AM
Uh oh a pink one do not tempt me!

As interior colors to me should be light colors I think Zest and Islands are the two best candidates. But with Norswest Sky and UV we already have two that pair great with cool colors I voted Zest because it is bold and fun and goes great with blues for a pop and greens and brown for a match.

Nordic/Zest would be quite fun in my opinion.

Ilkyway

Aeon
04-23-2016, 07:42 AM
Zest, please zest. Zest in all the bags, all the time. :D

Rocks
04-23-2016, 07:43 AM
If it comes down to a runoff between zest and sitka, I don't know what I'll do. Zest goes with more colors. Black, navy, for sure. Verde zest sounds like a refreshing choice. I still haven't voted.

blackbird
04-23-2016, 07:45 AM
I vote Sitka. Sitka always and forever. Sitka is so beautiful!!

bchaplin
04-23-2016, 08:14 AM
It's so much fun reading all these opinions. I voted for Fjord; I like this color for small accessories, though as others have pointed out, it is hard to know how it will function as an interior color. But I am happy with Northwest Sky as a lining, as well as the re-emergence of Nordic as an exterior color, so I feel like I have my blue fix taken care of. So maybe for all the fans of oranges and greens, it will be nice if one of those wins. The double round voting is a good idea.

So many parallels to our US elections, though fortunately without the nastiness.

tebnewyork
04-23-2016, 08:23 AM

Ilkyway

I voted for Island before reading the whole thread. I would buy a Nordic/zest bag.

Would make a terrific cafe bag combo. Come to think of it I would like it in almost any bag.

But, still have my hopes up for more azalea even if unrelated to the current topic.

haraya
04-23-2016, 08:39 AM
Not fair!! Orange and blue both have two choices. Green, only one!! ;p

#TeamIsland

terayon
04-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Don't know how it would go with the other colours.

Actually, I think Island looks good with a lot of the ballistic colours, with perhaps the exception of Coyote (and that's probably just because I'm not a fan of Coyote). I agree that it's a more straight-forward colour, but I think that's what I like about it - it's a nice clean blue.

jdowney83
04-23-2016, 08:58 AM
Actually, I think Island looks good with a lot of the ballistic colours, with perhaps the exception of Coyote (and that's probably just because I'm not a fan of Coyote). I agree that it's a more straight-forward colour, but I think that's what I like about it - it's a nice clean blue.

I agree too, I think Island really is the best choice for interiors, with Zest being my second choice due to their "brightness" I like Sitka a lot but it is a little too dark for interiors for me, awesome for accessories and would look amazing as an exterior. Should be really interesting how this all ends seeing as how all 4 are almost even.

PaulT00
04-23-2016, 08:59 AM
As a practical interior colour I think it probably comes down to Zest or Island purely on practical considerations. The other shades are much darker, and what interior colours really need to do is be bright and light so as to make it easier to find stuff in the bag. My vote went to Zest... a worthy successor to Solar!

NWhikergal
04-23-2016, 09:10 AM
Still undecided...this will take serious consideration and mix and matching at home to choose!

Fever39
04-23-2016, 09:14 AM
This is interior guys! The 200d class! Fjord is my favorite but Zest or Island as the interior makes most sense! Zest uniteee!

flips712
04-23-2016, 09:49 AM
As a practical interior colour I think it probably comes down to Zest or Island purely on practical considerations. The other shades are much darker, and what interior colours really need to do is be bright and light so as to make it easier to find stuff in the bag. My vote went to Zest... a worthy successor to Solar!

100% agree. Functionality first!

melonpan
04-23-2016, 09:54 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzEST

kieri
04-23-2016, 09:54 AM
Maybe it's my monitors, but Island and Sitka always look like they're about the same hue to me. Fjord and Monarch both seem really dark to me, and Zest seems really bright, but it's orange and and therefore gross. :P

My vote went to Sitka, but I'd be okay with Island if that's how it worked out.

Mausermama
04-23-2016, 10:04 AM
that being said, Monarch is a close second. I hope more people get out there and give it the lift it needs to get some love! When I received my Monarch pouch, hubby pounced on it, and now I have NOTHING in it at all! Yikes! I'd hate to not have a single item in this fabulous color!

jess
04-23-2016, 10:32 AM
I might be in the minority here but I don't feel that Fjord (or any of the new colors) is too dark to be an interior. But then again I love Steel an an interior as well. I haven't had issues finding items in a darker colored bag. Most of my non-TB bags are black on the inside and almost all of my non-TB accessories are black. Quite honestly I find that some of the very bright colors are jarring when I open a bag and not in a good way. I get that contrast is good, but someone who's favorite color is bright orange would lose their stuff as easily in a zest bag as I would in a black one I'd think.

I guess for me the inside of a bag is like a happy little secret that only I get to see. What I want in a lining color is something that will make me smile each time I open it, not necessarily something practical. Team Turquoise Halcyon all the way!

doesntmakememadonna
04-23-2016, 10:48 AM
that being said, Monarch is a close second. I hope more people get out there and give it the lift it needs to get some love! When I received my Monarch pouch, hubby pounced on it, and now I have NOTHING in it at all! Yikes! I'd hate to not have a single item in this fabulous color!

@Mausermama, the PCSB in Monarch is totally gorge. Really lovely and fun and I'm so glad I bought it. Although the Island PCSB that I received in a trade a couple weeks ago is quite great too. The Monarch is a bit more special though.

I ended up voting Zest. I LOVE my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut, and Zest seems like it would bring me similar joy.

It is a little weird that I voted for the one color of the choices that I HAVE NEVER SEEN. Actually, a LOT weird.

doesntmakememadonna
04-23-2016, 10:51 AM
Also, we are talking interior colors, so this isn't really a thing, but I think Fjord is much prettier/special than Nordic. The slight petrol effect of it is awesome and I think it would look super-fly in Dark Halcyon. Cooler than Nordic.

*ducking and running away*

flips712
04-23-2016, 10:53 AM

Ilkyway

YAY! Nordic/Zest. GATOR colors. Go Gators!

turnleftbrighteyes
04-23-2016, 11:04 AM
I bought a Steel/Fjord A30 and--looking at it now, right across from me-- Fjord doesn't seem to me to be too dark as an interior. It's a really vibrant, beautiful blue. I missed out on Island, so I can't compare it, but in person Fjord is much brighter than it appears on the screen, where it appears dark and kind of grayish.

TurtleWax
04-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Island and Fjord are so close in color that the votes are split. Sitka is going to win and there's going to be too much green floating around everywhere.
After comparing Island and Fjord next to each other, Island is a more pure blue, and I think it's superior. Zest is also gorgeous.
I feel like the new colors are a little too muted/dark, I like the bright and happy linings.

UpToNoGood
04-23-2016, 11:20 AM
Team Sitka, all the way!

UpToNoGood
04-23-2016, 11:22 AM
I vote Sitka. Sitka always and forever. Sitka is so beautiful!!

Concur. It's the perfect shade of green - right in between Emerald and Forest. TB nailed it with this one.

b1gsky
04-23-2016, 11:28 AM
I might be in the minority here but I don't feel that Fjord (or any of the new colors) is too dark to be an interior. But then again I love Steel an an interior as well. I haven't had issues finding items in a darker colored bag. Most of my non-TB bags are black on the inside and almost all of my non-TB accessories are black. Quite honestly I find that some of the very bright colors are jarring when I open a bag and not in a good way. I get that contrast is good, but someone who's favorite color is bright orange would lose their stuff as easily in a zest bag as I would in a black one I'd think.

I guess for me the inside of a bag is like a happy little secret that only I get to see. What I want in a lining color is something that will make me smile each time I open it, not necessarily something practical. Team Turquoise Halcyon all the way!

Completely agree! I don't have any issues with finding my stuff in my Steel lined DLBP. I love the color of my Fjord Travel Tray and when I hold it next to my black ballistic SE the color really pops. I don't think I would have any issues with finding things in a bigger bag lined in Fjord. I think having a different color on the inside of a bag is fun, but I also imagine that some of the colors would be jarring to my eye... As I've said before, Fjord is just enough color to me. I don't have super bright colors in the rest of my wardrobe, I don't want them inside my bags either.

Hawaii
04-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Island! Island! Island!

jess
04-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Island and Fjord are so close in color that the votes are split. Sitka is going to win and there's going to be too much green floating around everywhere.
After comparing Island and Fjord next to each other, Island is a more pure blue, and I think it's superior. Zest is also gorgeous.
I feel like the new colors are a little too muted/dark, I like the bright and happy linings.

I think you're right, and those who are just on Team Blue in general definitely are split here. I think it's going to depend on if there are 2 or three colors in the final run off. If it's three and we see Zest, Sitka, and one of the blues I think the blue has a chance to run away with the final vote as team blue combines forces. If it's only two I think it will be harder for a blue to make it because of that split.

idbjorh
04-23-2016, 11:34 AM
#TeamIsland

haraya
04-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Shouldn't purchases count as a vote? I seem to recall Island sold out first, and furiously. I think that would be an interesting metric to consider - # days to sold out, or something like that. ;) #TeamIsland

jess
04-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Shouldn't purchases count as a vote? I seem to recall Island sold out first, and furiously. I think that would be an interesting metric to consider - # days to sold out, or something like that. ;) #TeamIsland

That could also be skewed by what items were made in what colors and when they were released. I believe Island was made in more items and was also among the first wave of colors. Some people might not buy 6 shop bags or travel trays but would have bought all 6 colors had there been stuff sacks in them so they may have ordered less of the 2nd round colors. And as far as the large bags, someone who bought a Zest lined travel bag might not have purchased another of the same bag in Sitka even if they loved the color because of the size/expense/duplication. #teamnotorange

John
04-23-2016, 12:40 PM
I voted for zest because I want to be "tango'd" every time I open my bag!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Man_(advertisement)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1jywlZG74o

misterN
04-23-2016, 12:59 PM
I'm a bit surprised by the results thus far; when the colors were released it seemed like Fjord was getting the most love... Guess I'll need to buy all the Fjord things now :)

backpack
04-23-2016, 12:59 PM
I haven't seen any of the colors in person but, I fell in love with Island the first time I saw it and Monarch reminds me of a bag I had in childhood.

I wanted people new to TB to be able to buy the limited edition colors, which I had a feeling would go quickly.
One of my first TB purchase was a collection of Small Pouches in discontinued color, to this day, I remember that thrill and want people to experience it with limited edition items which are usually small and cheap enough that people can splurge for fun items that can be used year round in dry climate for all sorts of things (Shop Bags) and make life easier and brighter year round for everyone (Passport Pouches).

Speaking of Passport Pouches those need to equipped with CC slots or I need a D.I.Y solution with other TB items.

It now looks like Monarch is out of the running but, a Sprout with straps designed for non-petite people is in the works and Burnt Orange Ballistic is gorgeous.

I am so thoroughly a cool color person, that I have removed any trace of warm colors in my home, I even do my best to get boxes of tissues in cool colors.
Lately, the tissue company have been mixing cool blue and green with a warm grey, which I tolerate and a burnt orange which I like and a ugly warm brown I despise.

Note that I credit the TB Crew for warming me up to warm colors, while I won't buy anything in Coyote, I think it is beautiful. Burnt Orange is stunning and will most probably make it as a Sprout for non-petite person with matching SE, depending on the lining color.

Speaking of lining colors, I don't like Wasabi at all, ordered some Iberian which is the only items I ever returned to the Mothership in a decade of orders.

I love blue and purple with a passion, so I am very happy with Nordic and voted for Island.

My go to color for lining is UV, bright enough to see everything, no so blinding that I can open the bag on a sunny day outdoor with no problem, I am looking at your Solar, and not so light that people are tempted to peer into my bag.

I have the feeling that Island has the same quality.

automaticsoap
04-23-2016, 03:30 PM
After a morning of looking at zest and sitka, and against my current bags, I decided to vote for sitka. I love zest but need more accessories in sitka.

flips712
04-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Assuming that Zest doesn't win, similar to how NW Sky replaced Steel, I wouldn't mind seeing Monarch replace Iberian in the future. Just me thinking out loud as the two colors seems more similar than different.

TavaPeak
04-23-2016, 05:10 PM
We cannot af-Fjord to miss this opportunity!

dot
04-23-2016, 06:49 PM
I haven't voted yet, and I find it funny how seriously I am considering my one vote. I love Island, I love Zest, and I like Sitka-- and I'll be sad to see any of them leave. This thread needs more pictures comparing the candidates against the various exterior colors.

Haha, you know what this poll needs? A swatch book sent to all of us, like the voter manuals for elections, weighing pros and cons. (I'd LOVE a swatch book!!!)

flips712
04-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Fine, I'll volunteer to start making our Halcyon voter registration cards. But please don't ask me to count any votes since I'm from FL :cool:

jdowney83
04-23-2016, 10:03 PM
While I can not make and send out swatch books, I decided to compile the best sources of information I could on the colors. Here it goes:

Blog Entry for Island, Zest, Northwest Sky (http://blog.tombihn.com/zestislandsky#post-header)

Blog Entry for Fjord, Sitka, Monarch (poor monarch!) (http://blog.tombihn.com/sitka-monarch-fjord-halcyon)

Forum Thread - Monarch, Fjord, Sitka Tasting Notes, excellent pictures and comparisons (http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-videos-and-reviews/10871-monarch-sitka-fjord-tasting-notes.html)

Forum Thread about Island, Zest at the time of their release, so no Fjord, Sitka, or Monarch shots (http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-videos-and-reviews/9829-colors-dyneema-limited-run-great-colors.html)

And for the TL/DR here is a quick picture I took to help anyone out, here are two quick pictures:

Left to right: Fjord, Monarch, Sitka, Zest, Island

Left to Right: Island, Zest, Sitka, Monarch, Fjord

If you would like to thank me, please press the little bubble next to "Island" at the top of this thread and hit submit :)

backpack
04-23-2016, 11:53 PM
While I can not make and send out swatch books, I decided to compile the best sources of information I could on the colors. Here it goes:

Blog Entry for Island, Zest, Northwest Sky (http://blog.tombihn.com/zestislandsky#post-header)

Blog Entry for Fjord, Sitka, Monarch (poor monarch!) (http://blog.tombihn.com/sitka-monarch-fjord-halcyon)

Forum Thread - Monarch, Fjord, Sitka Tasting Notes, excellent pictures and comparisons (http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-videos-and-reviews/10871-monarch-sitka-fjord-tasting-notes.html)

Forum Thread about Island, Zest at the time of their release, so no Fjord, Sitka, or Monarch shots (http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-videos-and-reviews/9829-colors-dyneema-limited-run-great-colors.html)

And for the TL/DR here is a quick picture I took to help anyone out, here are two quick pictures:

Left to right: Fjord, Monarch, Sitka, Zest, Island

Left to Right: Island, Zest, Sitka, Monarch, Fjord

If you would like to thank me, please press the little bubble next to "Island" at the top of this thread and hit submit :)

Dear TB Crew

After seeing all those beauty shots are you sure you can't toss Wasabi and Iberian and add all of the above colors: Sitka for Wasabi, Zest for Iberian and 2 blues Island as well as Fjord because there is never, ever, ever, enough blue in the world!

Monarch and Fjord could be Daylight, Shop, Packing Cube and SE Bags only, because they are a big darker but so yummy.

Monarch is like a deep orange pie or sorbet or ice cream same but with a blueberry flavor for Fjord.

PS: I understand the rules and the limitation of the Mothership but you guys have chosen some of the most beautiful colors in the wonderful spectrum rainbow of the shades made available for human made things, which is no small task.

melonpan
04-24-2016, 01:56 AM
seeing them all lined up like that... YES. what backpack said! retire wasabi, iberian! all five are beautiful! its time to change the insides! use up whats left and order all five colors! :)

Sara
04-24-2016, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the opportunity! Although I prefer light colours for interiors, I'm a self-confessed Halcyon addict (my EDCs are PCSB, PCBP and 3DOC) and I need more BLUE! I was away camping w/o internet during the new colours release, so missed the PCSB in Fjord. So that gets my vote as I haven't seen Island in real life. Exciting (and grateful) to have a second round of voting too :)

roarmouse
04-24-2016, 02:38 AM
Dear TB Crew

After seeing all those beauty shots are you sure you can't toss Wasabi and Iberian and add all of the above colors: Sitka for Wasabi, Zest for Iberian and 2 blues Island as well as Fjord because there is never, ever, ever, enough blue in the world!

Monarch and Fjord could be Daylight, Shop, Packing Cube and SE Bags only, because they are a big darker but so yummy.

Monarch is like a deep orange pie or sorbet or ice cream same but with a blueberry flavor for Fjord.

PS: I understand the rules and the limitation of the Mothership but you guys have chosen some of the most beautiful colors in the wonderful spectrum rainbow of the shades made available for human made things, which is no small task.

^^Yes! A great idea.^^

Peace!

Kirri
04-24-2016, 03:27 AM
I regret that I have but one vote to make... Bad adaption of that famous quote. I voted zest, of course - zest is best!- but feel so sad when I see island, and can't vote for it as well. And fjord is nice, as is Sitka.. Aargh!

dot
04-24-2016, 08:15 AM
@jdowney83, these are gorgeous pictures- thank you!

tim13
04-24-2016, 06:08 PM
Great photos @jdowney83! Nice job collecting all the colors as well.

I voted for Sitka even though I've never seen it in person. I have a couple of items in Island and Zest and think they are fantastic colors. But, for me, it is more about accessories than linings. Sitka seems like it would pair well with Coyote cordura and Nordic halcyon and everything in-between.

Too bad we couldn't vote for our favorite blue and favorite orange and then have the winners in a final vote with Sitka.

Still, a lot of fun and helps me appreciate the many internal decisions by TB and crew when selecting colors. Thanks!

Cheesefacewoot
04-24-2016, 07:35 PM
This decision. I can't. Seriously. Malfunction. Brain.

I am so stressed. I feel like I have to choose between cake, pie, ice cream, cookies, and bacon.

I'll vote for Zest. I feel like orange type colors are under-represented in the internals of bags.

brucep
04-24-2016, 07:38 PM
But, for me, it is more about accessories than linings.

I agree.

Also, Iberian is useful for first aid kits and medical items.

mreh
04-24-2016, 07:50 PM
#teamisland. Sitka is too dark for me and we already have a green (wasabi). If it replaced wasabi and we could get island... Well then! That would be great!

skipluto
04-24-2016, 09:42 PM
Adding my vote for Sitka. It makes me think of the outdoors and adventure and travel, all reasons that I love my TB bags in the first place. A Sitka lining would look great paired with so many exterior fabrics. I can't decide which one I would most want to buy first. Maybe Coyote/Sitka... or Nordic... 15206

Denises
04-24-2016, 10:30 PM
I've voted for sitka, because I'd love to see more greens. I'd hate to see it replace wasabi though, which I love. I don't see why there can't be two different green colours available.

jdowney83
04-24-2016, 11:01 PM
I am terrible at photoshop, but desperate times call for desperate measures:

djjr
04-25-2016, 12:45 AM
Colour is so personal and it's clear that some of us are voting for our preferred colour for linings and some for accessories. I think its really difficult to find a colour that suits both. For linings (especially in large bags, I'm with the lighter the better brigade and despite all of the new colours I still love wasabi and UV for this). Although a fan of green, I have a Sitka pocket pouch and can't help that think although it's a great colour for "green" people, it's too dark for a lining and placed against my Aubergine, Steel and Coyote bags, it's just too much of a contrast colour to work well. I find Monarch and Zest just that bit too bright. So for me, it's the blue camp with a vote for Fjord but if Island were to win, I'd be ok with that.

bchaplin
04-25-2016, 04:07 AM

Wow! Sorry if I'm missing it because I'm on my iPhone, but is this Island or Fjord?

jdowney83
04-25-2016, 05:37 AM
That is island

Muni_Jedi
04-25-2016, 07:04 AM
I'm surprised by the results so far, IMHO the least dynamic and most basic color is the one that is winning. Of the 5 it is my least favorite but I appear to be the minority. I'm hoping that in Round 2 Sitka will prevail.

TurtleWax
04-25-2016, 08:16 AM
Sitka was winning for a while at the beginning, but Islanders are a tricky bunch. ;)

brendabethman
04-25-2016, 09:15 AM

Aaargh, this is why I'm Team Sitka and not Island. While I like Island as a color, it looks TERRIBLE with Aubergine and we all know that a color's compatibility with Aubergine is the only criterion that really matters.

So come on, SITKA fans -- get voting!!

marytattoo
04-25-2016, 09:27 AM
Aaargh, this is why I'm Team Sitka and not Island. While I like Island as a color, it looks TERRIBLE with Aubergine and we all know that a color's compatibility with Aubergine is the only criterion that really matters.

I did. Sitka all the way! rah rah rah - goooo team!

Rocks
04-25-2016, 09:28 AM
Zest is best!
Photographic proof, herein.

Please, consider orange.
Brought to you by the Committee for Citrus Colors, Rainy Day Cheerfulness Association, and Alliance Against Blue.

idbjorh
04-25-2016, 09:28 AM
What a nice surprise to look this morning to see #TeamIsland pulling ahead.

b1gsky
04-25-2016, 09:46 AM
Sad to see that Fjord can't catch up. I'm definitely Team Fjord and not Team Blue. Even more after seing those photoshopped pictures of Island, I definitily prefer Sitka over Island.

AllDayRuckoff
04-25-2016, 10:00 AM
After seeing the mock-ups I kind of want Sitka to win now :O

conversa
04-25-2016, 10:29 AM
I am thinking that the Venn diagram for zest supporters and solar supporters is nearly 100%. I for one voted zest because I could not vote for solar. Let the blue and green crowd have theirs but why must solar be so maligned?

ladyleo
04-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Here, let me help you vote ZEST!

Pokilani
04-25-2016, 10:48 AM
Everyone (Fjord), it (Fjord) is (Fjord) so (Fjord) fun (Fjord) to (Fjord) see (Fjord) everyone (Fjord) cheering (Fjord) for (Fjord) their(Fjord) favorites (Fjord)! Keep 'em (Fjord) coming (Fjord)! I (Fjord) love (Fjord) that (Fjord) TB (Fjord) is (Fjord) allowing (Fjord) us (Fjord) to (Fjord) be (Fjord) involved (Fjord) in (Fjord) this (Fjord) decision (Fjord). I'd (Fjord) be (Fjord) happy (Fjord) with (Fjord) any (Fjord) color (Fjord), but (Fjord) do (Fjord) like Fjord a lot.

catherder
04-25-2016, 11:24 AM
Can anyone do one of those interior mockups with Zest? I am still torn.

marytattoo
04-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Can anyone do one of those interior mockups with Zest? I am still torn.
if you're torn, go with Sitka! no-brainer!

haraya
04-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Northwest Sky already goes wonderfully with Aubergine and has a really cute portmanteau name (AuberSky). So Aubergine is covered. ;) :D Go Island!!

prairiegl
04-25-2016, 12:38 PM
:eek:

This is going to be a close race to the finish! I'm glad we're going to be given another opportunity for a vote between 2-3.

binje
04-25-2016, 12:49 PM
Love me some Zest and I'm not particularly blue oriented, but I think the line-up needs a blue to be well rounded and I don't count NW Sky as a blue so I voted Fjord.

TurtleWax
04-25-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm glad we're going to be given another opportunity for a vote between 2-3.

Agreed! otherwise I'd feel bad for the (currently) 4 Monarchists. :)

Fjord is just the grey skies cousin of Island, so I feel like if one of them gets into the final round, it will win.

fiddling.girl
04-25-2016, 01:44 PM
Ok. I did it. I voted. I couldn't take the strain anymore! The kittycat picture ALMOST made me vote for zest...but not quite....

Kirri
04-25-2016, 01:46 PM
This is so nerve-wracking!

marytattoo
04-25-2016, 01:54 PM
for me, it's not just about the interior color. it's the color, period. TB has had LOTS of Blues and Blacks/Grays. several reds. while wasabi is fine, besides forest, not many greens. aren't TB folks going green?

brucep
04-25-2016, 02:42 PM
I am thinking that the Venn diagram for zest supporters and solar supporters is nearly 100%.

It's definitely less than 100%. I would not be satisfied with a surrogate Solar.

Washu
04-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Really really hoping Zest pulls ahead. I will accept its defeat only if the winner is Island. The more I look at my Sitka bag the more I don't like it. Poor Sitka, I wanted to love you, but, no...

kieri
04-25-2016, 04:27 PM
for me, it's not just about the interior color. it's the color, period. TB has had LOTS of Blues and Blacks/Grays. several reds. while wasabi is fine, besides forest, not many greens. aren't TB folks going green?

Right?! There's SO MUCH blue out there - Navy, French, New Nordic, Old Nordic, Azure, Indigo...give green a chance!

jdowney83
04-25-2016, 05:31 PM
If I knew my bad photoshops would lead to Sitka votes, I might not have done them :) Even still it will be hilarious if Island wins this vote but loses the 2nd vote, and here are some more pictures with my new Black halcyon DLBP (for the record I like Sitka, but I won't be buying any larger bags with it as a liner, just accessories.)

For any undecided:

FJORD:

Sitka

Zest

Island

melonpan
04-25-2016, 05:32 PM
omg the zest!!! so beautiful! and bright! you can see everything inside! nothing lost! so happy like sunshine and oranges! zest ZEST Z E S T Z E S T

Pokilani
04-25-2016, 05:40 PM
If I knew my bad photoshops would lead to Sitka votes, I might not have done them :) Even still it will be hilarious if Island wins this vote but loses the 2nd vote, and here are some more pictures with my new Black halcyon DLBP (for the record I like Sitka, but I won't be buying any larger bags with it as a liner, just accessories.)

Too much beauty here.

TavaPeak
04-25-2016, 06:50 PM
Just think how much fun it will be to FJorder a new bag.

jess
04-25-2016, 07:00 PM
And Pokilani can be a bag Fjoarder...if her partner doesn't put her on a ban again ;)

Pokilani
04-25-2016, 07:05 PM
And Pokilani can be a bag Fjoarder...if her partner doesn't put her on a ban again ;)

I love this so hard.

NWhikergal
04-25-2016, 07:12 PM
While I like the blue choices, I will admit that the new black halcyon with zest looks pretty hot. I may need to get out more lol. ;)

UpToNoGood
04-25-2016, 07:24 PM

Is a bag Fjoarder like a Tom Bihnger? Because that's totally me.

UpToNoGood
04-25-2016, 07:30 PM

For any undecided:

FJORD:

Sitka

Zest

Island

Whoa. I love the DLBP in the new Black Halcyon/Sitka. Was that combo part of the March debut and will it ever come out again, please? This is the first time I've ever found a backpack truly beautiful.

*sigh* Sitka. I feel like I'm cheating on Wasabi with you, and I'm okay with that.

jdowney83
04-25-2016, 07:43 PM
Whoa. I love the DLBP in the new Black Halcyon/Sitka. Was that combo part of the March debut and will it ever come out again, please? This is the first time I've ever found a backpack truly beautiful.

*sigh* Sitka. I feel like I'm cheating on Wasabi with you, and I'm okay with that.

No I just put my PCSB in the Black Halcyon DLBP to give a good idea of what the colors look like together, I decided to not take a picture of Monarch :(

UpToNoGood
04-25-2016, 07:46 PM
No I just put my PCSB in the Black Halcyon DLBP to give a good idea of what the colors look like together, I decided to not take a picture of Monarch :(

That's a cool trick! And as far as I'm concerned, you're totally hired as part of the TB design crew. If only I had such authority to make that happen.

jdowney83
04-25-2016, 07:55 PM
That's a cool trick! And as far as I'm concerned, you're totally hired as part of the TB design crew. If only I had such authority to make that happen.

I gladly accept this responsibility!

marytattoo
04-25-2016, 08:03 PM

For any undecided:

FJORD:

Sitka

Zest

Island
yep - Sitka all the way!

kieri
04-25-2016, 08:18 PM
Adding my vote for Sitka. It makes me think of the outdoors and adventure and travel, all reasons that I love my TB bags in the first place. A Sitka lining would look great paired with so many exterior fabrics. I can't decide which one I would most want to buy first. Maybe Coyote/Sitka... or Nordic... 15206

I actually really love that Coyote/Sitka. It's the ultimate woodsy combo!

djjr
04-26-2016, 01:26 AM
Fantastic photos. Any colour would look amazing against the new black halcyon but I have to say I am now seeing Zest in a new light!

Ilkyway
04-26-2016, 05:06 AM
I very much enjoyed @jdowney83 pictures with Black Halcyon. Thought I do the same with Nordic:

Zest:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160426/ce96e8a1c5b8a193af5f4caf9b41603c.jpg

Monarch:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160426/e41969cf1bc5111774b1d747a8a5c23b.jpg

Sitka:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160426/171116e6efbacbb2e3067bab1c2e9a1f.jpg

Fjord:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160426/e9e7c2b89044b2b0acd1711f880ac183.jpg

Island:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160426/a16fb95bd3fcb8d4c5454e3f9ecf6c14.jpg

Ilkyway

PS: Monarch is a TT and was a bit diffeculd to smooth out.

Sent from my phone

PaulT00
04-26-2016, 05:45 AM
@ilkyway - that New Nordic with Zest pic... drool. The two really go well together, and I stand by my contention that Zest is the best lining colour option from a practicality standpoint.

marytattoo
04-26-2016, 05:48 AM
@ilkyway - SITKA!

melonpan
04-26-2016, 06:25 AM
i must say, i DO love the nordic. but it is dark and much better suited as an exterior fabric!

backpack
04-26-2016, 07:38 AM
Island is the best lining and stand alone color.

Lining needs to reflect the ambient light to be efficient inside the Synapses, the middle compartment of the Tri-Star and the Swift.

I mitigated the lack of Steel lining's reflectivity by using UV accessories, the introduction of NWS is helpful and Island would be terrific.

I use the 3D OC and Travel Stuff Sacks, a lot: in conjunction with my EDC, on outings and travel.

The introduction of the Spiff Kits and Laundry Stuff Sacks is another innovation that would benefit from another bright hue to color code all manners of packing.

I also think that a Passport Pouch in stylish blue is needed on a permanent basis, that accessory RDFI capabilities is essential for all sort of cards with chips.

idbjorh
04-26-2016, 09:06 AM
@ilkyway The new Nordic Halcyon looks darker than the original Nordic from your pictures. Is is really the case? Could you post a pic with something Nordic Dyneema sitting on top of Nordic Halcyon for comparison?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found your other post. (http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-videos-and-reviews/11009-new-nordic-halcyon.html) Thanks!

ceepee
04-26-2016, 09:11 AM
@idbjorh there are more photos of the new Nordic, including a comparison photo with the old Nordic, in this thread http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-videos-and-reviews/11009-new-nordic-halcyon.html

HTH

HappyPeas
04-26-2016, 09:25 AM
The new Nordic with Island is beautiful...followed by Sitka and Fjord!!!

bchaplin
04-26-2016, 09:54 AM
I'm a bit shocked at Fjord's showing -- it was not what I expected at all. I'm another Team Blue But Not Island person. But in all fairness, I have not seen that color in person.

Guess the only way to win now would be to bring in some super-delegates that are committed to Fjord whatever the popular vote. Can we do that?

Pokilani
04-26-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm a bit shocked at Fjord's showing -- it was not what I expected at all. I'm another Team Blue But Not Island person. But in all fairness, I have not seen that color in person.

Guess the only way to win now would be to bring in some super-delegates that are committed to Fjord whatever the popular vote. Can we do that?

I heard @Badger is the designated super delegate and she gets to pick the direction for all other super delegates in their block voting.

Badger
04-26-2016, 11:05 AM
I love Fjord, you guys. It's the only one of the limited colors I am really fond of; but at the same time, I'm enough of a stoic that I will feel only the slightest twinge of annoyance if it loses.

@Pokilani, I'm less of a super-delegate than a junior senator from a politically neutral state. In the wake of the final election, I'll do a rousing stump speech in support of the winning 200D color and burst onto the national scene, whereby I will begin pursuing my real and true agenda: 400D FJORD (2017).

viewsnortheast
04-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Yes, I'm surprised about fjord. I like it loads better than island. And zest, my second fave is not doing so well either. Hmmhmmhmm

Washu
04-26-2016, 11:18 AM

I think the problem is that Sitka photographs and shows on the monitor lighter than it looks in real life - in my opinion, anyway. That could lead someone who hasn't seen it in person to think it is brighter than it really is. So sad for Zest - in my opinion it and Island are the only new colors that really pop and have any vibrancy to them.

automaticsoap
04-26-2016, 11:19 AM
I need something in the new nordic with a sitka lining! That is beautiful!

MDF
04-26-2016, 11:33 AM
I think fjord is such a chill, relaxed beautiful blue, so I am also surprised it's not doing better. I am so very grateful I was able to purchase my big ticket item with a fjord interior given the way this is going. I can now live with the fact that if fjord goes away, my A30 interior simply becomes a rare and even more beautiful thing for the lucky few who see it that way. I will say that the color swatch on my ipad looks most like it does in person, it really captures the depth of the tone. When I view it on my laptop it appears more drab. So, not sure if that is affecting things. Good luck to all who voted!

flips712
04-26-2016, 11:41 AM
I think the problem is that Sitka photographs and shows on the monitor lighter than it looks in real life - in my opinion, anyway. That could lead someone who hasn't seen it in person to think it is brighter than it really is. So sad for Zest - in my opinion it and Island are the only new colors that really pop and have any vibrancy to them.

I completely agree. I have a Sitka travel tray and it's definitely darker in real life than the pictures people have posted. It's more muted compared to the other color choices.

It's too bad that we couldn't have a choice of two new colors. One for the lining of bags and one for accessories. I think Zest and Island look best for linings. And Fjord, Sitka, or Monarch would make awesome accessory colors.

TavaPeak
04-26-2016, 12:17 PM
I love Fjord, you guys.... I will begin pursuing my real and true agenda: 400D FJORD (2017).

Badger, Can I volunteer with your campaign? FJORD more years! FJORD more years!

al85
04-26-2016, 05:57 PM
I absolutely adore Fjord, but if it doesn't make it to round 2, I can at least be satisfied knowing I own something in the color.

Kerrpe
04-27-2016, 06:19 AM
I'd vote for all of them if that were an option. ;)

sarah_atx
04-27-2016, 07:49 AM
I am excited about the new color options and finally cast my vote today. So hard to choose :)

But I have to say I'm a teeny, tiny bit bummed that my limited edition Black/Northwest Sky A45 and Black/Island A30 might both end up not being limited edition after all.

I guess that is a little selfish since blue is so many people's favorite color. We'll see how the runoff vote goes -- thanks, TB, for letting the customers choose!

idbjorh
04-27-2016, 11:33 AM
Is the poll actually going to a 2-stage vote?

I know @Darcy said that the first round would have to close earlier, but I still see the poll as closing on the original date –*5/8.

sarah_atx
04-27-2016, 01:26 PM
@idbjorh you're right the poll close date is still showing 5/8 for me too but @Darcy updated the text of the first post:

The fine print:
This poll will be active now through May 2nd.
On May 2nd, we will close this poll and start a new poll that lists the three winning colors from this poll/round. The second poll will be active until May 9th. And the winner of the second poll will be the ultimate winner, the color that is chosen as our fifth official Halcyon 200d color!

Darcy
04-27-2016, 01:58 PM
Just edited the poll -- it'll now close on 05/2. :)

haraya
04-27-2016, 07:43 PM
I admit, I get a little enjoyment out of having a few LE colors in my stash. But I also love my standard accessories - UV is a stock color, thank goodness!! (Less worry that I will lose a OOAK item!!) If Island wins I will be thrilled to add some new Halcyon accessories - Island key straps!! a Large OP; perhaps another PCBP? :o :)

catherder
04-27-2016, 08:48 PM
Voted Sitka. I was terribly torn between Sitka and Zest, but Steel/Sitka and Nordic/Sitka were just too gorgeous... think pine trees and rocks or trees along a river...

chartiers
04-28-2016, 12:14 AM
I wish I could change my vote. I initially voted for island, but zest really is a better interior color. Especially after looking at it paired with the new Nordic 400.

ladyleo
04-28-2016, 04:51 AM
Shame we can't have the choice of light and dark versions of each interior colour. So Sitka/Wasabi, Monarch/Zest, Fjord/Island... Yeah, I'm a dreamer.

@catherder, I understand your choice, though I wish you'd voted zest. ;) Hey, green is my favourite colour and darker greens like the sitka are lovely but if I've got a choice between sitka and zest I'll choose zest. Why? Because green is already represented with wasabi. If zest goes then there are no really bright neon-ish interiors besides wasabi. With the exception of the blue/grey interiors we're limited to one choice per colour band. Purple, red, green, and blue are it. So my vote was to introduce a new colour band into the permanent rotation rather than add a shade to one of the other existing bands.

Just thinking out loud here...

Purple: UV
Red: Iberian
Green: Wasabi / Sitka (the latter may be LE depending on this vote)
Orange: Zest / Monarch (BOTH may be LE)
Blue / Grey: Island / Fjord / Northwest Sky / Steel (Both Island and Fjord may wind up LE)

Squirrel
04-28-2016, 05:30 AM
Blue: Island / Fjord / Northwest Sky / Steel (Both Island and Fjord may wind up LE)

In my book Northwest Sky and Steel aren't blues. They are grays so for me lighter shades of black technically speaking.

Steel is being replaced by Northwest Sky at the moment as being a lighter color it seemed to be better suited as an interior color.

binje
04-28-2016, 06:56 AM
Just thinking out loud here...

Purple: UV
Red: Iberian
Green: Wasabi / Sitka (the latter may be LE depending on this vote)
Orange: Zest / Monarch (BOTH may be LE)
Blue: Island / Fjord / Northwest Sky / Steel (Both Island and Fjord may wind up LE)

I did a similar thing before voting but grouped Monarch/Zest with Iberian (especially Monarch as I see it closer to red than orange) and classified NWSky/Steel as grays which left a gap in the blues. So I went with Fjord. But - if the final vote comes to Zest/Sitka/Island, I'm totally going with Zest because it's so durn happy and then I could daydream about a BO/Zest Smart Alec (which probably won't happen any more than Verde/Wasabi or Verde/NW Sky but I can dream).

NWhikergal
04-28-2016, 07:41 AM
In my attempts to be an informed voter, I did a Smart Alec test to make my final decision...I have something in each of the colors but monarch, and I placed the colors one at a time in the bottom of my Smart Alec with its cavernous interior to see which offered the best visibility in trying to use the bag. While I adore fjord, and I love it as an exterior color for things like shop bags, the only two colors that offered good visibility (IMHO) in the Smart Alec were island and zest. Even though I am a green fan, sitka seems darker and more muted in person than in the online photos. Just my two cents. :) At least we are choosing between appealing options, whichever color wins.

DeBru
04-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Now that I've seen all the fun photo mock-ups I wish I could change my vote to Zest... Hoping it makes it to round 2!

catherder
04-28-2016, 08:06 AM
As the owner of a Zest bag, I can say it really does offer excellent visibility. It's an outstanding liner color, in part because I don't own a lot of orange, so it contrasts. By the same token, I have a tendency to lose things in my Island travel tray (as opposed to my UV one) -- perhaps because it's a very dominant color, perhaps because I own a lot of blue stuff, I don't know.

TurtleWax
04-28-2016, 08:52 AM
Zest is so freakin happy. I want Island to win, but I wouldn't be disappointed if orange is the color of the day. :)

jess
04-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Another way to look at it, and possibly why my personal acceptable lining colors are so limited. And also why I'm perfectly happy with Sitka, Fjord, or Island winning the final vote. #teamweneedcoolcolors

Saltgirl
04-28-2016, 09:52 AM
Sigh. Can I just vote for blue? Either one is fine. I have not seen the new one yet but I have never met a blue I did not like.

Rocks
04-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Come on Zesters! I chose zest over sitka, because zest is a better orange than sitka is a green. Zest is just a great orange.
I am not a blue person at all. But it looks like I'll have to be. :)

Pokilani
04-28-2016, 10:26 AM
I think there will be an Island, Sitka, and Zest runoff. My vote will likely go to Zest as well, even though I'm a major Island lover. Happy is how I've described my response to Zest since I first saw it. I only have one accessory in Zest and have lots of Island. My exterior blues are covered as well. Recall weeks ago, before Nordic was announced, I had a dream that I had a Nordic/Zest SA. Since Ilka posted the mock-up with the S25, I'm now going to wish it into reality.

ladyleo
04-28-2016, 10:41 AM
Team Zest: reaching for a win!

Juanito
04-28-2016, 11:11 AM
If I could go old school politics and stuff the ballot box, I'd put a few more in there for Zest. But I still have a lot of love for Island, so I would also stuff in a few votes for it.

kollarc
04-28-2016, 11:26 AM
Just voted for Zest. I have an aeronaut 30 in Navy/Zest and I think it's such a cool color combo. Go ZEST!

colorwork
04-28-2016, 12:22 PM
I voted Sitka. After seeing how wonderful my new Sitka Travel Tray looked sitting in my Original Halcyon/UV Swift, I was hooked. The combo of UV, Black, and Sitka just makes my heart happy. The wonderful thing about TB goodies is that there are no losers. Everything they make is a winner. Looking forward to seeing which color wins. It was fun to vote. Thanks, TB, for giving us a voice in the matter.

Kirri
04-28-2016, 01:37 PM
Another way to look at it, and possibly why my personal acceptable lining colors are so limited. And also why I'm perfectly happy with Sitka, Fjord, or Island winning the final vote. #teamweneedcoolcolors

But isn't northwest sky also on the cool side, just closer to the centre?

jess
04-28-2016, 01:47 PM
But isn't northwest sky also on the cool side, just closer to the centre?

I wasn't really sure where to put NWS or Steel on the chart to tell you the truth. I think you're right, they're both probably on the cool side of the line right near the center. But even if you add them in fans of cool colors don't have much to choose from. UV (which I love) is the coolest and Wasabi (which tolerate at best) comes close to the line other than that we get old grey and the new grey. All I'm saying is that team cool colors should stick together in the second round if it comes down to zest and one other :)

GoStanford
04-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Team Zest: reaching for a win!

Awesome! There is a reason why bright orange is the color of traffic cones, highway safety vests, and other hazard gear. I keep my large shop bag in Zest in the car so that if I run into trouble, I can use it as a signal if I wave it around. :p

backpack
04-28-2016, 01:53 PM
In my attempts to be an informed voter, I did a Smart Alec test to make my final decision...I have something in each of the colors but monarch, and I placed the colors one at a time in the bottom of my Smart Alec with its cavernous interior to see which offered the best visibility in trying to use the bag. While I adore fjord, and I love it as an exterior color for things like shop bags, the only two colors that offered good visibility (IMHO) in the Smart Alec were island and zest. Even though I am a green fan, sitka seems darker and more muted in person than in the online photos. Just my two cents. :) At least we are choosing between appealing options, whichever color wins.

Exactly, while Fjord is an outstanding color for Shop Bags and Travel Trays, Sitka is the same for green lovers, both look too dark/muted to be useful interior accessories.

While I love Steel, NWS has replaced it a the staple grey lining because it make it is easy to find items.

A Steel Travel Stuff Sack inside an S19 which need to be retrieved while peaking, because opening the bag in full is not easy while on the go, is much harder to spot that my customary UV accessories.

Most of my TB bags have Steel lining which understated look I love, but before the color zipper pulls and NWS were introduced, I found to only have the most yummy UV, for accessories, quite limiting, as a matter of fact, one of my UV 3D Cube still has its tags on to differentiate it from the other.

I even ordered Iberian accessories, to get more choices, even if I ended up returning them because my first impression of Iberian was right, I don't like it.

Both Zest and Island make the criteria for bright/clear colors which are extremely important for accessories inside a bag with intricate design and emergency use like the Parental Unit or, the even more cavernous than the Smart Alec, Brain Bag.

Team Island here, I so fell in love with it last summer that I had to keep my wallet far from my computer.

I wanted to give people new to TB, the opportunity to get an affordable item in a limited edition color as well as taste the wonder of Dyneema which is a lifesaver in extremely hot weather.

By the way, the good thing about Darcy's polls is that no one can stuff ballots (vote twice), polling places are opened 24 hours a day, (unless the OS that is not Apple or Linux decide to close the computer for fake "updates").

Bravo Darcy and the computer team at TB!

Kirri
04-28-2016, 06:33 PM
But I want to vote more than once! I want to vote a dozen times to get Zest into the run-off, and I want to vote for Island because I love that blue and would buy many bags with that lining, and I would also like to vote for sitka, because it would be great for TSS, shop bags, packing cube bags, etc, and for fjord because I wish I had got a PCSB in it... and I'd even like to vote for Monarch, as it is a pretty colour, and it would be safe to do so, now that it is not competition for Zest.

Washu
04-30-2016, 09:26 AM
Come on ZEST! You can do it!!! If you're on the fence and can't decide, vote ZEST! for the greater good!

K9TB
04-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Who's in the lead? You can't see the results til you vote. I'm still deciding, and if a color is in far last place, then I won't vote for it

I'm another one in the camp of I would vote for a different color for linings vs accessories.

jess
04-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Who's in the lead? You can't see the results til you vote. I'm still deciding, and if a color is in far last place, then I won't vote for it

I'm another one in the camp of I would vote for a different color for linings vs accessories.

Right now Island is winning followed by Sitka, Zest, and Fjord (which are all close enough to have a very good chance for second place, yes even Fjord imo even though it's in 4th place). If you love Monarch, um I'd sing its praises in a post but don't waste your vote on it. Unless a legion of Monarch voters shows up at the last minute it's not going to happen.

Hope that helps. And before you vote, might I suggest anything but Zest? This is your friendly public service announcement from #teamcoolcolors :)

Artdime
04-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Jess beat me to it. :)

marytattoo
04-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Sitka rah rah rah - go team!

Ilkyway
04-30-2016, 10:00 AM
There is a reason WHY thouse who did not vote yet can't see the results ;-)

Ilkyway

catherder
04-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Umm... I could see the results before voting... in fact, I can still see them now without being logged in. They can't be viewed on mobile though.

jess
04-30-2016, 11:39 AM
There is a reason WHY thouse who did not vote yet can't see the results ;-)

Ilkyway

Oooh sorry. Do you want me to delete my post?

Ilkyway
04-30-2016, 11:46 AM
catherder you are the second to say so. Very weird because I surely could not see it before I voted and I know I am not the only one.

jess I think it is what it is now, no worries.

Ilkyway

Ca1i
04-30-2016, 12:31 PM
Hmm, I'm on an iPad (using web browser) and saw the results before voting. And I can see them without logging in. But I can't vote twice...so that works. I'm glad I also can't change my vote as I change my mind about every 10 minutes.

ilikepie
04-30-2016, 05:50 PM
I guess I'll vote for Nordic, because Monarch doesn't stand a chance. I like that both are rich. Monarch combines the best of orange and red.

Me, I'd drop Wasabi, Iberian, and Ultraviolet and replace them with Nordic, Monarch, and Sitka.

I like the new dark grid. The white grid is too busy. It reminds me of graph paper and the eye chart for macular degeneration. Busy, busy, busy.

I feel bad abandoning Monarch. Maybe I'll sleep on it and vote in the morning.

marytattoo
04-30-2016, 05:58 PM
Nordic isn't one of the votes - it's a heavier halcyon, for external use. so while I want everyone to vote Sitka, you can still (ugh) vote monarch.

Heartgypsy
04-30-2016, 06:49 PM
Well I voted Sitka.. I think it's a great shade of green, and unique in the spectrum of colors to choose from!!!! But if I could vote for any color, I would totally vote for Solar to make a return..so sorry I missed it :(

dot
04-30-2016, 08:41 PM
Zesty goodness, against other colors:

ilikepie
05-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Mary, thanks for the correction.

In the end, I followed my heart and voted for Monarch. Is there a patron saint of lost causes?

It's looking good for Sitka in the run-off.

TurtleWax
05-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Is there a patron saint of lost causes?

Well now I have the Anberlin song stuck in my head.

Kirri
05-01-2016, 03:53 PM
I think there should be a winner, and then a vote-off between the second and third to determine the second colour to be added. Yes, there should be two colours added! (yes, I am biased.)

jdowney83
05-01-2016, 04:42 PM
I think there should be a winner, and then a vote-off between the second and third to determine the second colour to be added. Yes, there should be two colours added! (yes, I am biased.)

I second this! That would really be awesome if they could.

kieri
05-01-2016, 06:20 PM
I would love it if they did a last round of accessories in the top three. My vote was for Sitka, but I would love to get some stuff sacks and pouches in Island and Zest. I would love some stuff sacks and other gear in Sitka, too.

mreh
05-01-2016, 08:59 PM
If two colors were to be added, I'd be up for Zest. I love Zest. It would be a good color of accessories so that I can find them easily!

Bijouxandbeads
05-01-2016, 10:34 PM
I didn't vote for Monarch, but I'm still rather sad to see it running such a far fifth. I pulled out my Monarch shop bag for our farmer's market trip this morning, and it's truly a lovely color! So just a little love for Monarch...

Ulterior Motion
05-02-2016, 02:07 AM
ISO a loose network of shadowy conspirators to help insure that in the runoff vote, Island and Zest get exactly the same number of votes, thus forcing (under the rules of the Tom Bihn-stitution) that both colors are chosen and stocked in the future. Slide into my PMs with your shady activities CV and best ideas for making this happen. ;-)

TurtleWax
05-02-2016, 08:51 AM
This post + Your name...makes this twice as good! :)

I, too, would absolutely love to have Island and Zest. Best of both worlds!

DeBru
05-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Zest and Sitka are so close... I wonder if we could have a 3 way run off?

prairiegl
05-02-2016, 09:40 AM
This was mentioned in the first post in this thread:

On May 2nd, we will close this poll and start a new poll that lists the three winning colors from this poll/round.

tpnl
05-02-2016, 01:30 PM
I didn't vote for Monarch, but I'm still rather sad to see it running such a far fifth. I pulled out my Monarch shop bag for our farmer's market trip this morning, and it's truly a lovely color! So just a little love for Monarch...

Definitely agree @Bijouxandbeads. I like Monarch very much too but did not vote for it because it was so close to Iberian. My Monarch pouch is now my favorite emergency IT pouch (has battery charger and USB adapter cables so I never will be without powered technology!) - Red is for emergency, right?

@jess - I love your analysis. It actually makes sense to me. I am generally fine with any of the colors. I was just sensing a "hole" in the current color palette and you articulated that so well.

Thanks!

Cheers!

Gabe
05-02-2016, 09:33 PM
I voted for island. I love the visual of vivid, electric blue. It's the most vivid of the cool colors. We've been missing vivid, bright cool colors for a while now--the last was really Indigo, and it's been gone for ages. Sitka and Fjord are lovely, but they aren't quite as eye catching--they'd make good accessories, but not good linings. And Zest and Monarch are just more bright warmness. I feel like Island has the best balance of working as both an interior and an exterior color.

And also...black and Island. Amazing together.

chartiers
05-03-2016, 06:56 AM

I agree. I like it better than Iberian. It's a lovely warm reddish orange.

haraya
05-03-2016, 08:17 AM
When does the new poll go up? I need to start the robo-calling and campaign ads! ;p

Jeff A
05-03-2016, 08:59 AM
As an aside, I would KILL for a white or black halcyon exterior / Sitka interior Maker's Bag, just sayin' :D

brucep
05-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Sitka and Fjord are lovely, but they aren't quite as eye catching--they'd make good accessories, but not good linings.

I read this as, "Vote for Sitka."

Darcy
05-03-2016, 09:07 AM
The second poll is live! (http://forums.tombihn.com/general-bag-discussion/11042-zest-island-sitka-vote-next-halcyon-200d-color.html)

marytattoo
05-03-2016, 12:06 PM
and I voted SITKA! too little green in the TB repertoire!