PDA

View Full Version : Q-Kit in a Cadet front compartment?

Compass Error
05-24-2016, 09:30 AM
I have a Cadet which I use for commuting. I usually slide a laptop into the open-top pocket, and store an ipad, snacks, umbrella and charging cables inside the main compartment. I want to organize some cables and other odds and ends in the front compartment with a Q-Kit or maybe some other pouch/cube. I think the small will be too wide, but the mini might work. What do you guys use? This is my first TB bag and I love the quality

JohnDel
05-24-2016, 03:55 PM
Not being that organized, the things I don't put in the front compartment pockets get put loose in the front compartment. It opens far enough that I don't have a problem finding anything. My Cadet having a light colored interior helps.

Vertandor
05-24-2016, 10:48 PM
I have a mini Q-kit that holds my work phone charger, it's usually clipped directly to one of the o-rings in the main part of my cadet, so it's on top of the two 3D organiser cubes, umbrella and hair brush in the large open-top pocket in the front of the main compartment. The 3DOC hold may laptop cables, and a small first aid/essentials kit.

Just tried it in the front pocket - it does work both below the organiser slots where the curve of the bag allows a bit of space, and from one of the o-rings, bit it does make it a bit 'bulgey'. I'll try and take some photos later if that would help?

Compass Error
05-25-2016, 05:28 AM
Thanks Vertandor, photos are always helpful! I do like the sound of using a cube for laptop cables and other stuff in the main compartment, and I hadn't really noticed the o-rings in main compartment or thought to use them for q-kits. Seems like they work better in there because of the width, and the top of the compartment is generally empty space anyway.

Vertandor
05-29-2016, 05:27 AM
Apologies for the slight delay in posting these, I'm having problems getting the pics from my phone down to a size the forum can handle :(

Vertandor
08-22-2016, 01:25 AM
Hopefully this helps explain my previous post explaining my Cadet loadout :)

Compass Error
08-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Yes, thank you. I'll try the smaller Q-Kit and see how it fits in front, but it looks nice in the main compartment too

anarchone
08-30-2016, 03:01 PM
The mini Q-Kit works great for holding an iPad charger and cable. I can get the iPhone cable and charger in with it, but it's a little tight - however it is useable that way. Your Cadets are nice! Makes me want one. :)