PDA

View Full Version : Buckle problems

knitmoresocks
06-07-2016, 08:17 PM
I wasn't paying attention as I was packing my Aeronaut 45 the other day and I tried to fasten the inner cinch strap buckle with one end of the buckle facing up and the other facing down. I cannot get it separated. I discovered that one part of the back of one of the pieces comes off (or at least mine did!) but that didn't help. I've tried squeezing something small between the buckle pieces to push down the piece that locks it in place and that hasn't worked either. Has anyone done this and gotten them separated or am I going to need to order a new strap or buckle or something? I leave on my vacation in a week and not having the strap isn't that big of a deal, but it would be nice to be able to squish my clothes down.

Thanks! You guys are a great group. I've done a lot of lurking and reading and feel like I know a lot of you.

haraya
06-07-2016, 08:58 PM
I have not had this exact problem, but could you try dipping the buckle in very hot water for a few seconds? (that is, after you detach the strap from the bag :)) Might shrink the pieces enough to loosen them, and then you can pry them apart. Or dip in soapy water, if the hot doesn't work, and try to slide the pieces loose.

If you can't get the buckle loose - can you let out enough slack in the strap so that you can slide your clothing underneath, and then retighten the strap? A pain to have to do that, but it might do for this one trip if a replacement won't arrive in time.

knitmoresocks
06-08-2016, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions haraya. I'll have to try getting it hot and see if that works. I do have another Aeronaut that I can trade straps with, but I think I'm going to try to sell it, so I'd like to have 4 working straps again.