PDA

View Full Version : Pack shoes - TSB size 4 or AETHER Packing cube (TRI-STAR) - small

London Eye
08-19-2016, 11:46 PM
I want something lightweight for packing one (or two max) spare pair of shoes for travel.

Usually for a travel, I pack flat shoes or sandals for me and for my husband (size 42), he pack a pair of men's sandals or shoes if colder weather.
We usually wear our bulkier trainers to travel.

Which is best, an aether PC (Tri-star small) or a size 4 travel stuff sack?

Badger
08-20-2016, 08:20 AM
I can get a pair of size 40s into a small TS cube, but 42s might be pushing it. You can get a pair of women's flats and a pair of sandals in without problems, provided they're not huge.

To be honest, most of the time I just toss my shoes into a plastic shopping bag (or one shoe per bag if they're bulky) and then into my bag. If I'm using an Aeronaut, having my shoes kept individually helps make use of any empty nooks and crannies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWeaves
08-27-2016, 05:00 PM
I prefer to keep each shoe separate and not "dirty up" my packing cubes, which might be used for my clean clothes on a different trip.

I use Lewis N. Clark Travel Shoe Covers, or as my mother always called them, "shoe socks." They are thin knitted stocking like bags with a thin drawstring. Each "sock" will fit one man's shoe or a pair of flat ladies shoes (although I prefer one shoe per bag). This way I can pack shoes into the empty corners of my bags and not take up prime real estate.

I also don't like packing both shoes in the same bag because I don't want them to scuff each other.

They also come as a pair of pairs. One pair in black and one pair in purple.