PDA

View Full Version : Synapse 19 and big phones?

blueflax
09-02-2016, 12:18 PM
I just got a Synapse 19 and was happily transferring everything over from my old messenger bag, finding delightful new homes for all...until I got to my phone.

I have an LG G3, which, while no phablet, is pretty big. I had imagined stowing it in the middle front pocket, but that pocket is far too short. I thought of maybe extending the bottom of the pocket, but the bag is too well made for me to get access to be able to cut / sew anything.

The phone pocket in the right side pocket is impossibly tiny...I thought of maybe just putting soft things here and stowing the phone in this pocket, but it seems insecure (phone falls out and crashes to the ground) and too big (just a phone rattling around in there) -- I'd feel better if it was in a pocket AND fairly quickly accessible.

Here's my question for you all--if you have a larger phones, how do you carry them in an Synapse 19? Thanks for any advice.

:confused:

cara
09-02-2016, 03:32 PM
I do have a phablet (Nexus 6) and ran into the same issue. I used the very bottom pocket for my phone and wallet.

Amy
09-02-2016, 03:45 PM
I use the water bottle pocket for my large Galaxy Note 4.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

hachkc
09-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Same issue with S25 and that pocket with a nexus 6p, just throw it in the water bottle pocket assuming you don't have a water bottle there

terayon
09-02-2016, 08:54 PM
I put my phone (iPhone 6, in a slightly bulky waterproof case) in the right pocket, usually tucked in beside my hard glasses case but not in the phone pocket (I've got a glasses cloth and a knife in there).

I've never had it fall out, but if you were worried, you could put the phone inside a size 1 Travel Stuff Sack attached to the o-ring by a double carabiner.

blueflax
09-02-2016, 11:05 PM
A stuff sack may be just the thing, and if it's in that front pocket I could swing the bag around to access it...Maybe if I folded it in half I could make a kind of pocket...Now I have a reason to get one! All good ideas--thank you!

Amy G
09-03-2016, 04:45 AM
I have a Droid Turbo in an Otterbox case. I attached a 3DOC to the cache rail loops on the rear of my S25 to make my own phone pocket. It has room for my keys or other small items as well and keeps them easily accessible. I didn't find the need to zip it closed to keep things contained.

blueflax
09-03-2016, 11:34 AM
Adding a pocket at the top of the main compartment--that is a great idea too...thank you

chautime
10-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Haha, as long as I'm not on my bike, my phone is always shoved in my pocket!

A medium padded organizer pouch clipped to the o-ring in the main compartment may work too.

endlessender
12-27-2016, 02:50 AM
Same problem here. My Note 5 is the one thing that doesn't have a nice tidy place my new Synapse 19. It's usually in my pocket, but when i go through security at an airport etc I always slip it in my bag. It's "ok" in one of the side pickets with my sunglasses I guess. And perhaps I'll do a zippered pouch, but it's kind of a two step hassle versus just throwing it in an appropriate pocket. This is about the only thing I would change at this point. Having a slightly deeper lined top pocket would be ideal. Water bottle pocket works too but I almost always have a water bottle which is part of why I picked the S19.

backpack
12-27-2016, 01:55 PM
I believe this is where the Side Kick would shine!

I usually wear an SCB with my S19 for quick retrieving items, like a phone, and other things.

The Side Kick and the Side Effect have the versatility of being carried either as PLOs (Purse Like Objects) or Man Big Wallet/Electronic holder.
or, as inner pockets inside the S19, by clipping them to the o-rings inside the main compartment.

I use a Padded Pouch for all phablets or tablets, and it can also be clipped inside the main compartment, housed in the Side Kick or the Daylight Briefcase.

Just giving you another view on organizing EDC items.

Izzy
12-28-2016, 11:13 PM
I keep my phone attached to my side kick. I have a Loopy phone case and I use a key strap pulled through the Loopy loop and attached at both ends to the clip that holds one end of the shoulder strap of my lovely new black halcyon side kick.

Kerrpe
12-30-2016, 06:38 PM
Phone in right side pocket, not in phone pocket. Never had it fall out. I did have to color code my zipper pulls, though, so I would go for the correct pocket!

Talkshop90
01-27-2017, 05:55 PM
When using my Synapse 19 as an EDC, I use one of the top pockets of my Freudian slip because it keeps the phone up at the top and handy. If I have too much of a load to have space for the Freudian slip, I use the water bottle pocket. For air travel, I use a leg pocket in the hiking pants I usually wear or I attach it externally via strap to a phone carrying case. I have an iPhone 6 plus in a case.