PDA

View Full Version : I just love black halcyon!

sturbridge
10-05-2016, 04:37 AM
I just ordered a small shop bag in black halycon to match my side effect. I have it hanging up just so I can admire it. It has a parapack-like sheen, which the old black dyneema did not have. Its like the pin stripe suit of shop bags. Very elegant.

Now I just need that new small backpack in black halcyon for a wonderful trio set. :)

adalangdon
10-05-2016, 06:03 AM
I love it too! I've been in and out of court since Monday and have had my black halcyon/UV Swift with me the whole time. It's lighter and more interesting to look at than its ballistic counterpart. The Swift is still my favourite court bag BTW, despite my thinking the Pilot would be better. The open top is invaluable when I'm rushing and I can fit giant paper folders vertically and still have clearance for my arm in a suit jacket. It's also as professional-looking as any non-leather black bag.

I too ordered a black Halcyon SB recently for work, albeit the large one.

BWeaves
10-05-2016, 06:15 AM
I ordered and returned a ballistic SE because I just couldn't get anything in it. I was convinced by the good people on this forum to try the SE in halcyon, and as pretty as Nordic is, it does not match any of my clothing. I tried the black halcyon and I agree. It IS the pinstripe suit of TB fabrics.

I also got some shop bags in both the bright halcyon colors and the black halcyon. I feel the black is a bit of a black hole, while I can really see what is in the bright ones. However, I know there will be times when I need to schlep something while wearing a suit and the black makes the shop bag look classy.

jsmanley
10-06-2016, 07:06 AM
I've had my black halcyon S19 for a week now, I love the look and feel of it.

brendabethman
10-06-2016, 09:05 AM
I blame/thank this thread for the fact that I ordered a black halcyon SCB and DLBP this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asb3
10-17-2016, 01:42 PM
This thread is inspiring! I really want a Maker's Bag in black halcyon...but it's not available. I'll keep crossing my fingers for one soon!

Incidentally, adalangdon, my black swift is also one of my favorite court bags. :)

GrussGott
10-17-2016, 06:39 PM
Ha, if MBs were available in black halcyon I'd order one too

asb3
10-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Ha, if MBs were available in black halcyon I'd order one too

Good news--I received a note on Instagram saying that they're planning to bring it back, probably by mid-December. Hooray!

GrussGott
10-18-2016, 08:47 AM
Good news--I received a note on Instagram saying that they're planning to bring it back, probably by mid-December. Hooray!

Whoa, thanks for the update! Probably saved Bihn a sale as I was just shopping other brands ...