PDA

View Full Version : Smaller items in 15" Cache?

cptdean
10-14-2016, 07:36 AM
Hi! I've got a Synapse 25, a 15" MacBook Pro Retina, an iPad Air 2, and a Kindle Paperwhite. Depending on the day and need, I'll carry just one of these items and leave the others behind. Could I get by with the 15" cache suspended in my bag as my do-all pouch? I don't mind that it would be larger than needed when carrying the iPad or Kindle, and I'd really like to avoid having multiple caches lying around waiting to be used. Are any of you doing this? Are there any reasons not to? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Badger
10-14-2016, 12:11 PM
Aside from the smaller items moving around a bit in the Cache, I can't think of any problems with this method. Back in the day when I had an iPad and iPad cache, I would sometimes use it to carry my Kindle in my bag and it wasn't a big deal at all.

Typically, I use the Cache on the side of the Synapse with the elastic inner pocket, with the Cache resting inside the pocket. I think this is what I would suggest especially when carrying an iPad/Kindle just because the pocket will help provide more structure. I doubt one side is much "better" than the other, though.

cptdean
10-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Thanks. I figured it wouldn't be any different than tossing smaller items into a built-in laptop compartment in other bags.

moriond
10-14-2016, 12:40 PM
@cptdean, Do you already have a vertical cache for 15" Retina MacBook Pro that you are using in your Synapse 25?. Do you already know that your iPad Air will fit easily into the same cache along with your laptop? Slipping in your Kindle Paperwhite should be OK, since that is slim, and the surfaces should also be fine against the flat Aluminum design of your laptop. But I've seen some forum posts from folks who found the 15" Retina MacBook Pro cache tight for their laptops, at least initially. Some switched to the 4Z cache, which was designed for the non-Retina 15" MacBook Pro laptops, and which is slightly roomier. I don't have either model, but you might want to size up, or ask for more feedback from other forum users.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Here's a link to one of the threads I was thinking about:
MacBook Pro 15" Retina sleeve so darn tight- something slightly larger? (https://forums.tombihn.com/questions-about-bags/7431-macbook-pro-15-retina-sleeve-so-darn-tight-something-slightly-larger.html)

There are more recent examples, but that was easy to find quickly

cptdean
10-14-2016, 12:49 PM
@moriond, I don't already have a cache, and I'm not planning on carrying the iPad and the MacBook Pro in it at the same time. I'm wanting it to be my only cache, even if it's larger than it needs to be when carrying either the iPad or the Kindle by themselves.

moriond
10-14-2016, 12:52 PM
@moriond, I don't already have a cache, and I'm not planning on carrying the iPad and the MacBook Pro in it at the same time. I'm wanting it to be my only cache, even if it's larger than it needs to be when carrying either the iPad or the Kindle by themselves.

In that case you should be good, apart from the slight slosh around. @badger's comments will work for you.