PDA

View Full Version : Every Superhero needs a Side Kick !

tpnl
11-29-2016, 11:35 PM
Whether you are a Superhero Entrepreneur or Mild Mannered Businessperson trying to do heroic deeds by putting out fires at work or lending a hand when the going gets tough, nothing beats having a Side Kick to help you out when you need it!

To that end, I have found that the new Tom Bihn Side Kick is a perfect addition to your business briefcase when you need a little more space in an emergency or just need more organization. The structure of the Side Kick allows it to keep its shape very well (even the Halcyon version) and look at home with a business briefcase. Here are a few examples of how to add a Side Kick to your briefcase:

DLBC – using 1.5” Single Gate Keepers and Gatekeeper Rail Clips

Pilot – using 1.5” Single Gate Keepers and Gatekeeper Rail Clips

Cadet - using 1.5” Single Gate Keepers and Double Carabiners

Ristretto – using 1” Single Gate Keepers

Here are some pictures of what is inside (everything at the ready to use – like a Superhero utility belt!):

Get the Halcyon version of the Side Kick and it will be even easier to store it in the back pocket of your briefcase – ready to help you in your Superhero endeavors when needed!

On another note, you can also probably clip the Side Kick to the back of your airline seat using Double Carabiners like many do with their Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (PCSB) or Side Effect (SE).

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

P.S. I use the 1.5" single gatekeepers to attach the Side Kick so it will not "droop" / change position no matter if carrying by shoulder strap or handle. If using the eye loops for the shoulder straps to attach the Side Kick, they would flip down when not using the shoulder strap making the Side Kick sit lower (perhaps even lower than the briefcase bottom) if carrying by handle.
Also, I tend to put the Side Kick on the back of the briefcase. You can also put it in front but it may interfere with the front pockets.

Lastly, there are many ways to connect the 2 bags than what I have shown - so be creative and post you solution!

tpnl
11-29-2016, 11:37 PM
The Side Kick is also great in its own when you are doing a presentation and need to carry all your adaptors / laser pointer / mouse / network cables in an organized fashion – quick and efficient. Just carry it by hand on top of your laptop and it works perfectly. Add a Handle Strap if you like to carry things that way.

Note - in the above pictures, I am carrying everything I could possibly think of needing. I usually carry a bit less as things are usually wireless.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Ilkyway
11-30-2016, 01:00 AM
To me you are the McGiver of the Tom Bihn bags tpnl. Great ideas! My husband just now past by me and stoped to take a good look. I guess a SK is in his future.

Ilkyway

BWeaves
11-30-2016, 05:10 AM
The SK has been out 1 day and already it's been hacked to the 9's. I think this is a very successful design. I'm hoping for more color combos in the future.

daisy
11-30-2016, 04:04 PM
Loving all he pictures of the sidekick!

I must admit initially thinking it wasn't a bag for me but now can see a bunch of marsupial situations where it would work really well.

Jaffa
12-01-2016, 12:30 PM
I like the pictures of the side kick, I thought it might be too deep for me, but liking the 'piggyback' systems.
Do you have a picture of Co pilot with the side kick, not sure how that would look? The DLBC and SK pics are my favourite at the mo.
It might have something to do with the fact I have a CP already??
Thanks
Jaffa

tpnl
12-01-2016, 06:52 PM
@Jaffa, here are some pictures of a CoPilot and the Side Kick - very nice!

CoPilot using 1 Single Gate Keepers and Gatekeeper Rail Clips

Because the CoPilot and Side Kick are close in width, just using the the Gatekeeper Rail Clips and no Single Gate Keeper works too (but snug):

CoPilot - using Gatekeeper Rail Clips

I also like the double Black Halcyon setup of my DLBC / SK. Both bags are thin and look great together IMHO.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

WendyK
12-02-2016, 05:02 PM
I want one! I had a black halcyon one in my cart on debut day, but it was sold out when I went to check out. Can't wait until they are back in stock.

BWeaves
12-02-2016, 07:43 PM
AAAAAAAh! I just got the Superhero / Sidekick reference. It only took me two days to "get it." Doh!

TRD
12-03-2016, 02:36 PM
And now I want a sidekick.

Are those small pouches primarily?

tpnl
12-03-2016, 05:16 PM
They are all Halcyon Mini Organizer Pouches - Sitka, Nordic, Island and Monarch. Note the Nordic one is not present in the second post. They do fit perfectly in the pockets.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Jaffa
12-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Thanks Tpnl - Those pictures are great, just what I was wanting, think I could be tempted if a Co Pilot and Side Kick were both available in black halcyon with Northwest Sky interiors.
Not that I'm fussy, but I would like them to match..at the moment my Co pilot is gray exterior with Ultraviolet interior.
I bought it to try it out, and love it, I use it most days, and thought in my future I would buy it in an halcyon offering!!
If I lived in the states and didn't have to suffer taxes and international shipping, I would have a larger collection of TB goodies.
Jaffa